• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

Abtronics

Karim

TRIBE Member
This thread was probably done before, but I used to be very skeptical of this, then I saw my uncle the other day, and saw that he was alot thinner. He said it was the abtronic, and he dropped down 6 pant sizes. I was like "Woah".

The winter laze fest is over and I wanna get back into shape, and this abtronic seems like the easiest way to get my 6 pack back. Any personal experiences that you can share?

:) <--- Out of shape
Karim

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

gasper

TRIBE Member
My younger brothers play drinking card games and use the abtronic. For example, the "asshole" in the game asshole has to wear the abtronic on his card holding hand for the round.

I tried it, and found it very uncomfortable and unatural. Apparently it works, but I'd rather exercise myself.

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
that ab tronic does not work?

I think in most cases it works more as a placebo than anything else.

There are two major elements to getting washboard abs.
1.) you have to build the muscle
You can only do that from resitance, and no not the rubber band kind of resistance that is offered by other gimmicky machines on tv like the bowflex or soloflex. Proper weight resistance like crunches or sit-ups, or using crunching machines at the gym.

2.) you have to lose the fat.
A lot of people have a layer of abs lurking underneath an even thicker layer of fat, the key is the burn the fat. The only way to do that is to burn calories. You can burn calories doing anything, I've heard that you burn 2 calories by flipping a page in a book (not sure if thats true), but you have to burn more calories than you consume, otherwise you'll just get fatter

The ab-tronic does neither of these.
Dr-Ho markets the exact same product but doesn't make the same claims. Therefore Dr-ho's marketing and product are much more legitimate than the ab-tronic....

I'll post a link here later.....

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
sorry, there wasn't supposed to be a question mark after *the ab-tronic doesn't work*

People are always trying to get something for nothing, and the ab-tronic is a perfect example of that. Physiotherapist use the same product which is commonly reffered to as EMS, Electronic Muslcle Stimulation. Its used to relax muslces by sending mild electric pulses through a little hand held machine, no credited physiotherapist would ever make claims that this machine *gives you washboard abs*.
As Deep mentioned before in a thread concerning physicial fitness, getting washboard abs has more to do with genetics than anything else, if you have a bulky football player build, then chances are, you'll never have washboard abs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Karim

TRIBE Member
Ahh, I see. Thanks for the info. I'm gonna ask my uncle more about how he lost the weight. He told me it was the belt. Hmmm...

I guess it's back to mountain biking.....

:) <---- Can't wait to get more injuries!
Karim

JayIsBored

TRIBE Member
pics-602-2a.jpg

jared lost weight with the help of his aides

bitchass

TRIBE Member
attach electrodes to bottom of foot of sleeping/passed out person. turn intensity selector to 10. turn on and run.

AshG

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
that ab tronic does not work?

I think in most cases it works more as a placebo than anything else.

There are two major elements to getting washboard abs.
1.) you have to build the muscle
You can only do that from resitance, and no not the rubber band kind of resistance that is offered by other gimmicky machines on tv like the bowflex or soloflex. Proper weight resistance like crunches or sit-ups, or using crunching machines at the gym.

2.) you have to lose the fat.
A lot of people have a layer of abs lurking underneath an even thicker layer of fat, the key is the burn the fat. The only way to do that is to burn calories. You can burn calories doing anything, I've heard that you burn 2 calories by flipping a page in a book (not sure if thats true), but you have to burn more calories than you consume, otherwise you'll just get fatter

The ab-tronic does neither of these.
Dr-Ho markets the exact same product but doesn't make the same claims. Therefore Dr-ho's marketing and product are much more legitimate than the ab-tronic....

I'll post a link here later.....

Actually you build muscle from electro-chemical stimulus. This is usually a result of peforming motions which recruit contractions of the muscles directly, but any type of contraction will induce stress that can lead to muscle growth.

To measure the effectiveness of certain exercises on targeting muscle groups, physiology labs often use devices that measure electrical activity within muscles.

You can build muscle with any type of stimulus, including elastic-induced. I once saw a pic of a guy who built all his muscles using isometric contractions (that is, he never moved his muscles, just contracted them), and although he looked weird, he did indeed have muscles.

The problem with the abtronic is that its attempts to stimulate the muscles have never been shown to do just that.

Of course the bit about needing to lose fat is quite true.

My advice is to lift weights, and do minimal cardio exercise. The weight lifting will increase your metabolism (in a way that cardio will not), resulting in an increase in caloric expenditure throughout the day as well as during exercise. So you use more energy just sitting around than before.

good luck.

Karim

TRIBE Member
I had a good stomach before the winter. Just lack of excercise, Christmas break eating extravaganza's, and my new found obsession with steakhouses made me lose it. It should be relatively easy to get the pre-winter stomach back, I just wanna do it while I post on tribe! :p

I'm sure Hybrid, Howells, and S&D will trim me down! Best diet ever!!

:)
Karim

Mr_Furious

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by AshG

You can build muscle with any type of stimulus, including elastic-induced.

I figure, if your going to go through to motions anyway, you might as well use REAL weights instead of elastic bands, its just more effective that way

once saw a pic of a guy who built all his muscles using isometric contractions (that is, he never moved his muscles, just contracted them), and although he looked weird, he did indeed have muscles.

genetics

My advice is to lift weights, and do minimal cardio exercise. The weight lifting will increase your metabolism (in a way that cardio will not), resulting in an increase in caloric expenditure throughout the day as well as during exercise. So you use more energy just sitting around than before.

another effective way to speed up metabolism is to eat more meals but have smaller portions, i.e. 4-6 meals a day.