• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

About the Mighty Monolith Crew.........

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Can anyone name all the members of monolith?

And besides that.............

what have these guys been up too?

IRS has been doin his on thing i think

Wonder If Dan-e-o is working on something new

anywayzzz

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

patio-d

TRIBE Member
Nish Rawks, Grimace Love, Wio-K, Dan-E-O, IRS (BlackCat, Kory Deez, Tracks), Lancescape (production), and then I think Destro and Spiduhman, and I'm sure I'm missing people on top of that.
IRS has been busiest... they toured all over the place with Kardi and then put out an album, made some videos, still showing their mad skills that go back to when BlackCat would win Freestyle Da Flav on Powermove show every week. Also TRACKS is part of the Big Black Lincoln mash out the beats truck with Agile from BrassMunk and Saukrates.
Nish just put out a pretty down-low indy album, that's sort-of a collection of songs from like '99 to the present day. "BUCK CANUCK"! Best name for a record ever.
Including some sick DJ Serious beats.... scarborough, smoking weed, playing road hockey bangers.
I hope those guys do their voltron act again sometime soon. It makes it so rough seeing them all on stage at once, and the MonoLove EP was pretty fundamental to this city's hip-hop history. (IMO)

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
respect

yah i was looking for nish rawks............he did the "we recognize" track on the DJ Serious LP right?

patio-d

TRIBE Member
The Nish track on Serious' album was called "The Enlightening"... and the remix is on the new record and is wicked also... I love also "The Battle", Serious' dirty dirty instrumental break that just came out on the Do Right toronto compilation...

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
Yo so the guy I am atually reffering to is name "CLAS"

is he also apart of MONOLITH? because i hear him big them up in the "WE RECOGNIZE" track off of the DJ Serious DIM SUM LP

peace

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders