Behringers are decent value, but Alesis monitors are infinitely better and don't cost a heck of a lot more in my opinion.Best value monitors by far are Behringer Truths. I hate rokits.
An Introduction to Digital Audio ProductionThe biggest and most important tutorial series I have created is what you are about to check out. It's a 10 hour long collection of videos that explain how to write a tune using Ableton Live from absolute scratch (you also get the Ableton Live file with the series, so you can open it up and see exactly how it was made).
The set has only Ableton Live native instruments and effects (no VSTs) so anyone with a copy of Ableton can follow this easily. All samples are also included in the live pack.
Topics covered in the video include
* Creating your own sounds from scratch using Synthesizers
* Making drum loops using the piano roll and samples
* Using EQing, Sidechain Compression and other effects to fatten up your sound
* Making your tune flow and progress steadily
* + many more of my own production hints and tips explained in massive depth