1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

Ableton Live 5 no midi?

Discussion in 'Electronic Music Producers Forum' started by Littlej, Oct 16, 2005.

1. Littlej

Littlej TRIBE Member

I cant use my midi keyboard with this new version.

I have a Korg MicroKontrol

all they have listed is makie stuff.

whats up with that?

2. deafplayer

deafplayer TRIBE Member

Thats just the preset configurations... for prefered brands only (it'll make your Mackie's sliders automatically control Live's faders, etc)

You'll just have to assign your Korg's controllers to the various stuff in Live manually (or download some special control map for your microkontrol.. but dont bother w/ that)

Its easy to do... as long as your korg or the midi port its using is activated in the Input box in the MIDI tab in preferences, you should be able to do this:

Just hit he MIDI button at the top right of the screen, next to the CPU meter...
    All the midi-controllable shit in the interface should turn purple
    Select something highlighted purple, track one's fader for example, and then move whatever it is on your korg you want to use to control it
    When youre done hit the MIDI button again

i think...

3. blipblurpbleep

blipblurpbleep TRIBE Member

try deactivating the "computer midi keyboard" switch in the top right corner (next to the key map mode switch):

[​IMG]

4. Littlej

Littlej TRIBE Member

ya know what did it...restarting my PC. Strange i guess i keep it on for way to long. and I must have installed it and not restarted it...anyway thanks for the heads up fellas:)

5. physix

physix TRIBE Member

that's just "control surfaces"

not for the midi controller...