• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Tribute to Acid House @ SYP

Arthur Oskan

TRIBE Member
Hey All,

I just wanted to post a great thanks to all who showed up for this event.

Personally, I've haven't seen a unified techno crowd like the one I saw last night, in a very long time. Everyone got back to their roots and felt the elements; smooth, rough, tight, loose. Perfections and Imprefections. Raw, unprogrammed & live.

Playing alongside Derrick topped it. It's not often I meet artists that are so in tune with themselves and allow the music and energy to bring out the true soul of techno. I stood in amazement much like yourselves. My live feed was a third channel on his mixer to which we were goin' back and forth; most of the time riding all three! 2decks + a live feed. Incredible work.

Gerald took it all home some classic Armani, Poindexter, and many others...Jesus. All the records I love.

Ok, and now for all you gearheads....

Kitlist

Roland TR-909 Rhythm Composer
Roland TR-808 Rhythm Composer
Roland JX-3P Polyphonic Analog Synth
Sequential Circuits Pro-1 Monophonis Analog Synth
Korg KMS-30 SYNC24 Syncronizer
Roland M24E 24 Channel Analog Mixer
Alesis 3630 Stereo Analog Compressor
Digitech Studio Quad Effects Processor
Korg Electribe ER-1 Rhythm Composer
Lots of snakes and cables...

...no laptop & no midi

Thanks go out to all involved and all supporters.

Arthur

jen@mudshark

TRIBE Member
The acid house night was all about the dancefloor, and the men behind the gear. And because of both, I had such a great night.
The crowd was wonderful, and Derrick and Arthur were amazing.
What a great jam. DiRtY acid beats !
I'll be back to check this night out again.
I was home before Gerald went on ( early night ) , but heard all about it from my left behind friends.
Overall, YES YES YES !!!

--- Jenn

Destro Sanchez

TRIBE Member
it was fun.

sound highlight of the night was Geralds whole set and when Dez and Arthur were layering Rob "Vision" Hoods "_Detroit_" track over top of Arthurs live PA.

talked more than I danced this time.

came back the next night for Fuckfaces. Which was equally as fun. :D

destro

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

~NurSe JibZ~

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by HouseHeadSacha
i saw you there jibz...ahhahaah
i was gonna say hi but you disappeared in the bathroom...
:p
omg...i was totally hoping you would follow me so we could make out....
damn!
did you happen to see my bump into the decks as well?? oops...

:rolleyes:

Time

TRIBE Promoter
finally getting to this....

thanks to everyone who participated in this event! Especially Arthur for breaking out all the gear! A fun night was had by all, and it was really exciting performance from Derrick and Arthur - we'll have to do that again. I know Derrick really enjoyed battling it out with you!

The next event is in the planning stages - we'll see what happens with the next installment of

An Evening of...

:)