• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

a thank you letter, from a stranger

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
a guy just knocked on my door...came in and asked me if i was the " smoker of the house "...i said i was...he hands me an envelope...im a little wierded out, but i open the envelope, and theres a card...the front has a cute doggy holding a card in its mouth, with THANKS on the card.
inside, is written...
" To whom it may concern...
due to being laid off from work, having to resort to social assistance, paying more rent than i can afford to, and being on such a small budget, and having a 3 year old son that i pay support to, you can say i live way below the poverty line.
and the fact ive been smoking for more than 20 years, now i cant even afford tthe luxury of buying a pack of smokes, it has been MORE than relieving that you put your smokes out halfway, and it has helped me out in more ways than you will ever know. I know you have seen me take them and the fact you didnt say anything doesnt make me feel any lower than i already do myself.
I just wanted to take the time to thank you for helping another fellow man even if you didnt know you were helping. I wanted to bring a bag and clean around the outside ashtray as a thank you, but after seeing your dog i didnt want you to see some stranger outside your home, and unleash your dog on me ( haha you know what i mean ? ).
so i decided to buy you this card instead. p-s- before getting laid off i was a hairdresser, so if you ever need a haircut feel free to drop by anytime...my name is Jay and i live at ?? Benson avenue...
and once again, thank you. "

Needless to say, im completely flabberghasted, to receive this card...im still in a bit of shock...i talked to Jay for a few minutes...hes completely turned his life around for the good...a really genuine nice guy.
Jay just made my week.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
whoa that's cool. but what will happen if you decide to quit??

and did you really see this dude going through your ashtray before?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i honestly dont remember seeing him anywhere near my front yard, tho i know ive seen him around the neighbourhood ( st clair and christie ).
pretty freaky to say the least, but i gotta admit it takes alot of guts to do what he did, by writing this card.
quite right, an honest gentleman.
okay...now back to staring at scarlette johannsons pretty cherry panties !
so hot.

deep

TRIBE Member
I doubt you'd do it given that you're probably not at odds with your own smoking, but he would feel even better about himself if given the help to quit completely rather than scrounge for a nicotine fix from someone else's garbage.

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
St. Clair and Christie eh? well tell him to haul ass over to Bathhurst, there's a flower pot filled with lots of half done smokes i've left behind at my friend's place!

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
That would just freak me out..

and forgive my cynicism.. but I have to wonder if it was just a scam. You know, like the 'deaf' guys who hand out cards on the subway, saying any 'donation' would help.. Maybe he was expecting you to feel sorry for him and give him some cash??

I wasn't there, so I can't say what the conversation was.. But it does sound suspect to me.. 2 cents..

deep

TRIBE Member
He hasn't quit. Anyone who has smoked regularly and tried "cutting down" knows it's a myth - you're either waiting for the next nicotine fix or you're not.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
p-s- before getting laid off i was a hairdresser, so if you ever need a haircut feel free to drop by anytime...my name is Jay and i live at ?? Benson avenue...
and once again, thank you. "

I think he wants to bang you.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Thumpr said:
St. Clair and Christie eh? well tell him to haul ass over to Bathhurst, there's a flower pot filled with lots of half done smokes i've left behind at my friend's place!

OMG...

I SAW THIS GUY near my work!
I went into Loblaw's and wanted to catch him on the way out but he left cuz he said he was looking for work on his sign. And on his sign he said that he used to be a hairdresser!

Was he kind of stylish, white, with brown hair????

I missed him and I'd like to outreach to him about joining our employment program. Get him a hairdressing placement.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
white male...thin...5 foot 8 ish...
kinda wierd looking sideburns...short brown hair...very stylishly dressed.
very well spoken.

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
I would be sort of careful though...could easily be the amateur work of a future continental...

chriscon22.jpg

MissBlu

TRIBE Member
That took alot of balls for that guy to do that... He didnt have to at all...
What an odd and strange thank you.
But a thank you, and sometimes those are hard to come by.

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
NemIsis said:
That would just freak me out..

and forgive my cynicism.. but I have to wonder if it was just a scam. You know, like the 'deaf' guys who hand out cards on the subway, saying any 'donation' would help.. Maybe he was expecting you to feel sorry for him and give him some cash??

I wasn't there, so I can't say what the conversation was.. But it does sound suspect to me.. 2 cents..

OMG.. I just reread this and realized how bad that sounded. I meant ppl who 'pretend' they are deaf.. and the whole scam thing.. Sorry..:eek:

*Crawls into a hole

groovespinna

TRIBE Member
some guy came into Taco Bell yesterday and handed out little notes on every table. the front said "Hi there!" which made me laugh. I didn't even read the back, but I left a dollar on top of the note for when he came back. it was odd.
no idea what any of this has to do with this thread. but Ill agree with ev and whoever else thought it was incredibly weird and homoerotic.