1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

A Team or B Team

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by alexd, Jun 10, 2010.

1. alexd

alexd Administrator Staff Member

Personally, I think it might be blasphemy to remake such a vintage classic TV show with a movie inspired by Hollywood marketing research and focus groups. Has anyone seen a screener? Is it crap or not?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The remake is smarter than last year's G.I. Joe movie (which really isn't saying much), but about on par with the movie The Losers that came out back in April this year.

If you want to watch a movie with zero plot, character and sense of realistic physics, the remake ain't half bad. Liam Neeson is no George Peppard, Rampage Jackson is even less so having the thankless job of trying to fill the shoes of Mr. T and Bradley Cooper walks around with his shirt off, flexing his abs whenever he can. Sharlto Copley (the main guy from District 9) is the only guy that actually manages to make the movie memorable. The story pretty much doesn't make much sense other than they're trying to clear their name for a counterfeiting ring that they got pegged with.

It's cocky as all fuck - it's a frat boy attituded action film. If you can swallow them landing a falling tank from a cargo plane by shooting the main cannon as a means of softening their landing, you'll enjoy it.

3. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

more brainless automatons in Hollywood. No imagination, just rehash old, successful assets for a 30-something year old cash grab.

So yeah, Musicians have been doing this ever since 1990. So finally movies play catchup.

hooray. Mr T said they actually kill people in the new A-Team, which is a fundamental blunder.

4. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Yeah, the old cast doesn't have much good things to say about this.
    However I will watch it (probably a TS download) and as a fan of the show find things I like that the average person might not pick up from the show. Plus every clip I have seen seem the person who plays Murdock does a pretty fucking good job.

PLUS PLUS "I love it when a plan comes together" - is the kicker for me.

I expect shit and will enjoy it as so.

"I pity the fool who goes out tryin' a' take over da world, then runs home cryin' to his momma! "

5. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Sometimes we just need to sit back and see it as it is ad not pull the "back in my day" phrase. Know what I mean?

6. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

yeah.

7. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

but still, they never killed noone in the orginal series. it's a point. I believe in that. stupid hollywood automatons.
    blegh!

the original series was more about human connections and the hilarity that ensued. not a big dust up with tanks falling from the sky and guns a blazing.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2010
  8. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

but whatever, i should grow up and enjoy the spectacle, right.

9. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

You should take it for whatever it is you want, and if that means the whole "in my day" thing then so be it.

10. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Agreed, but are they making it for us? or my 11 year old who thinks at 35 I'm old.

Not trying to argue with you, just I see it for what it is.

Not like it was any good back in the day, just Hollywood does it different.

11. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Remake are what they are, My grandfather loved Errol Flynn's Robin Hood, hated Kevin Costner's.

12. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

your're trippin me out zorro!. Hollywood reinventing the wheel for 12 year olds. with a shiny surface.

So, you have a point.

13. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

Meh!

Don't see it then.

14. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I think our generation though, will supplant whatever this has become. and we'll return to like, decent, honest programming. just wait a few years. I watch the shit on CBC kids and i feel that it's a tragedy, but they seem to be waking up lately. Bring back fred penners place, and today's special.

holy shit rant here. haha

15. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

I totally would see it, if it was in 3d.

i'm serious.

16. PAUZE

PAUZE TRIBE Promoter

I soooo disapointed with the GI Joe remake. I'm sure this will be right close next to it. How can you possibly redo Mr.T. Seriously.

17. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

i joined the a-team with my gf three days ago. visiting her in the hospital tonight

18. diablo

diablo TRIBE Member

Looks well shit.

19. solacevip

solacevip TRIBE Promoter

"I ain't gettin' on no plane"

20. rentboy

rentboy TRIBE Member

yep. Loved the series as a kid. This looks or feels nothing like it.

21. Zorro

Zorro TRIBE Member

I loved the series to as a kid, but it also is shit.
    Like Dukes of Hazard and others from that era.

Same shit, different pile or generation either or.

22. veteze

veteze TRIBE Promoter

ah. i thought this was about team-A

[​IMG]

23. dstarr

dstarr TRIBE Member

I haven't seen the movie yet but the trailer doesn't even make it look good.

People shouldn't spend any $$ to see these movies, it just encourages them to keep on making this crap. I bet the studio execs hated the advanced cuts and when it makes money, they are like "hey, I can't believe they watched that crap!!??"

But seriously, I loved A-team as a kid because of the inter-A-team dynamics... and after watching a few episodes of the old show recently, I laughed at how much I missed as a kid. In one episode I saw, Face was pretending to be a producer or something to bang a chick...

If they do these movies, like G.I. Joe, they should at least make it look like they are TRYING to make a good movie. Watched Joe again recently on TMN and it's such a stinker it gets even worse. I found Transformers 2 like that too... it's soooo bad when you watch it a second time... nevermind the first.

24. They should be trying to make it look good, but why bother when you can rope people in with the lure of nostalgic childhood? And making it PG-13 in the states simply means those of us that grew up watching this as a kid will definitely bring our kids along with us.

It's a slam dunk by just having the name attached to it alone and guarantees some kind of an audience - it doesn't matter if it's even remotely similar to the source material. That Karate Kid remake is only titled that here in North America because they know they'll get some people who liked the original who will see the Will Smith Jr. version. Everywhere else in the world it's titled The Kung Fu kid (or something similar).

25. Dirty Girl

Dirty Girl TRIBE Member

i lost interest in this movie as soon as I heard jessica biel was in it.

what was the 4th gays name again....hannibal, BA barackas (sp?), FACE, and ........... ??
    I cant believe i cant remember