• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

a stupid photoshop question

sk8

TRIBE Member
before anyone tells me to read the manual - I DON'T HAVE ONE

okay.

i've drawn a map. i've decided i want all the lines thicker. how do i do this without redrawing?

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by sk8
before anyone tells me to read the manual - I DON'T HAVE ONE

okay.

i've drawn a map. i've decided i want all the lines thicker. how do i do this without redrawing?

install adobe illustrator.. use that for drawing maps.

(p.s. if you don't have a manual for photoshop, im sure you'll have no problems getting ahold of illustrator)

AVAST YEAGH! MATEY... PIR8 OFF THE STARBOARD BOW!

p.p.s. try putting a same colour STROKE on the layer that has the lines you want to thicken.... and if you dont know how to do this.. USE THE HELP FEATURE YA PIR8!

Chubbs

TRIBE Member
You can use the magic wand tool to select the border you want to expand, then you can expand the selection by whatever amount pixels you want. Then just fill ion the new selection with the same color, and viola, thicker border

CLUSTER

TRIBE Member
Do what chubbs said if you dont wanna start over.
If you don't mind starting over do what Kife said, install illustrator, it's Vector based so you can resize all you want without losing definition.

Zigg'

JGirlP

TRIBE Member
If you insist on using Photoshop make sure you create a lot of layers, set undos to the highest limit and save every 3 minutes!!

In future: Photoshop is for Photos and Illustrator is for drawing (Illustration) things like maps....

good luck.....maps are a beeootch

J

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sk8

TRIBE Member
OK...

1. my computer is second hand from a friend. it came with the programs, one being photoshop. the help feature doesn't work - i don't know where he got it.

2. i don't have the money to get illustrator. i have no idea how one gets it otherwise as i am not a computery person. the map was originally from a photo and i drew the outlines on top of it, then erased the original map. voila - map outline. all i need is the map outline to put into powerpoint. it is not a complicated one.

thank you for your suggestions. i will try them now.

twitch

TRIBE Member
Select the already done map either using the magic wand, or if it's on it's own layer, "select all" of that layer then nudge (arrows left then right) to select just what's on the layer, then click edit > stroke (outline) and choose the amount of pixels you want it to outline. (it will also give yo the option of stroking on the inside, middle or outside, outside is what you want)

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
hey twitch, comand + click on a layer (probably controll + click on layer for pc) will select all active pixels without doing what you're talking about, nudging it back and forth to get the pixels selected.

just a little thing that's good to know.

:)

also, newer versions of photoshop alow you to work with vector shapes, lines and paths, what version are you running?

on a related note, CS is god shit.