• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A sex question for the Tribe guys...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Hey doods, is kissing on the lips more intimate, in a sense, than sexual activities? In a guy-to-guy context though. Put yourself in bi-curious shoes for a second.

Yes, I have to learn to stop being involved with "straight" guys (another thread altogether) but I've had three separate guys so far tell me that they'll perform oral, have me perform on them, mutually satisfy each other but will not kiss me cuz it's too "intimate." One of them even came out and he still won't kiss much. His "girlfriend" also got fed up with it and they broke up.

And I quote, "I will kiss you ANYWHERE on your body, just not your lips, ok?" I think it's surreal. But I'm wondering if you were going to do a guy-to-guy thing, would kissing be crossing some line?

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
This is going to sound cheesy.

But remember in Pretty Woman how Gere couldn't kiss Roberts on the lips or visa versa because she was afraid she was going to fall in love. He could do a variety of sexual things to her, but no kissing on the lips.

Could this be the same? Perhaps a kiss on the lips is a true symbol or emotion of love...that sense of touch that sparks whatever "big boom" goes off in our hearts that is love.

PFFT. I'm a sappy bastard.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I'm not a boy...but I do think that kissing is a more intimate act...much more personal...sex or oral can be so detached without kissing...those are my 2 cents.

Maxine

MoFo

TRIBE Member
^^^^^

Aw, Timmy, that's a really sweet thing to say.
A little far-fetched (in my life anyways) but fucking sweet. :)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by geminigirl
I'm not a boy...but I do think that kissing is a more intimate act...much more personal...sex or oral can be so detached without kissing...those are my 2 cents.

Maxine
How come though?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy
This is going to sound cheesy.

But remember in Pretty Woman how Gere couldn't kiss Roberts on the lips or visa versa because she was afraid she was going to fall in love. He could do a variety of sexual things to her, but no kissing on the lips.

Could this be the same? Perhaps a kiss on the lips is a true symbol or emotion of love...that sense of touch that sparks whatever "big boom" goes off in our hearts that is love.
I was thinking the exact same thing in the exact same context, actually.

From the Ministry of I think you're right

Prime Minister Highsteppa

Originally posted by MoFo

How come though?
Twisted societal standards. We now are willing to think that sex can be "just sex", but kissing still maintains a high level of intimacy. How one form of putting yourself into another differs from the other, doesn't really make sense to me.

From the Ministry of ?

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa

I was thinking the exact same thing in the exact same context, actually.

From the Ministry of I think you're right

The funny thing is, you've kissed me James. And it wasn't any huge moment (you know what I mean James, I'm not slagging your kissing skills :) ). Sometimes a kiss is just for some physical kicks. I mean, I don't have to kiss everyone I sleep with but it's when they're adamant about NOT kissing (beforehand or during) that weirds me out.

MoFo

TRIBE Member

Twisted societal standards. We now are willing to think that sex can be "just sex", but kissing still maintains a high level of intimacy. How one form of putting yourself into another differs from the other, doesn't really make sense to me.

From the Ministry of ?

I have called each of these "non-kissing" guys "fucking Julia Roberts" before. LOL.

Me in a huff: "What're you, fucking Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?"

The funny thing is, you've kissed me James. And it wasn't any huge moment (you know what I mean James, I'm not slagging your kissing skills :) ). Sometimes a kiss is just for some physical kicks. I mean, I don't have to kiss everyone I sleep with but it's when they're adamant about NOT kissing (beforehand or during) that weirds me out.
Yeah, but the motive behind it was different was it not?

From the Ministry of I had my motivations - I was doing it to impress a girl ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

MoFo

TRIBE Member
And sometimes I just think that they don't want to be reminded that they're in bed with a guy or something.

I mean, you'd think the buzzcut, absence of boobs and hairy legs would give them a clue, eh?

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member
For me...I kiss with passion...passion for the person I'm kissing.
Why it's so intimate...not sure.. it's just a great feeling when kissing another person... not kissing during sex..well I don't like that either, it it weird.

Perhaps it's "I'm comfortable in exchanging my spit with you..so let's get our smooch on".

Hmm.. I'm craving a good, deep, soft , passionnate kiss now...grr...

XXX
Marian
:p

Last edited:

MoFo

TRIBE Member

Yeah, but the motive behind it was different was it not?

From the Ministry of I had my motivations - I was doing it to impress a girl ;)

True. LOL.
And from what I've heard, you didn't enjoy it at all. Haha, if I would've known James, I would've shaved.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter

From the Ministry of ?

Yeah totally. The whole "sex is just sex" phrase is bullshit. "I slept with him on this day, or her on this day, then another one this day" I JUST LIKE SEX!"

Oh please. Sex is just as intimate imo.

From the Foreign Ministry of agreeing in accordance to the Ministry.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by *TheLiquidFairy*
For me...I kiss with passion...passion for the person I'm kissing.
Why it's so intimate...not sure.. it's just a differnet feeling when kissing another person.

Perhaps it's "I'm comfortable in exchanging my spit with you..so let's get our smooch on".

Hmm.. I'm craving a good, deep, soft , passionnate kiss now...grr...

XXX
Marian
Me too. I'm sitting here thinking, "man, I've kissed more nipples than lips." I think that's pretty sad...

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lil'Timmy

Yeah totally. The whole "sex is just sex" phrase is bullshit. "I slept with him on this day, or her on this day, then another one this day" I JUST LIKE SEX!"

Oh please. Sex is just as intimate imo.

From the Foreign Ministry of agreeing in accordance to the Ministry.
So what you're saying is that the idea that "sex is just sex" is a construct? That in fact, sex is just as intimate as kissing, it's just that these guys are lying to themselves?

True. LOL.
And from what I've heard, you didn't enjoy it at all. Haha, if I would've known James, I would've shaved.
Nothing against you bro. Just a little agressive for my tastes (I'm a delicate flower....;)) and the whiskers was not something I'm used to hahahahaahahaha. It's not you it's me hahaahahahahahahaha... ;)

From the Ministry of clichéd statements

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter
^^^^^

Aw, Timmy, that's a really sweet thing to say.
A little far-fetched (in my life anyways) but fucking sweet. :)
Buddy. My dream job is writing cards for Hallmark, I got a crapload speeches just waitin.

MoFo

TRIBE Member

Nothing against you bro. Just a little agressive for my tastes (I'm a delicate flower....;)) and the whiskers was not something I'm used to hahahahaahahaha. It's not you it's me hahaahahahahahahaha... ;)

LMAO @ "delicate flower."

MoFo

TRIBE Member

I get pretty aggressive when I have 500 drinks. And when 100 people are cheering me on.
Go TEAM LIMELIGHT patio! LOL.

So what you're saying is that the idea that "sex is just sex" is a construct? That in fact, sex is just as intimate as kissing, it's just that these guys are lying to themselves?
I view it being more a case of society wanting to have their cake but trying desperately to avoid the messy details of the aftermath. It's now a socially acceptable defense mechanism to avoid emotional baggage, or in other words a socially acceptable manner of using someone, but not having to deal with them afterwards.

From the Ministry of society has made it acceptable to do shit like this.

Lil'Timmy

TRIBE Promoter

My idea of sex is that you lose yourself in another person. I mean, the feeling of performing something so intimate, bodies connecting, emotions flowing. Looking into each others eyes like there's nothing or no else experiencing anything like this in the world at this moment.

So whoever is lying to themselves. Now despite my statment, yes sometimes there's the on-offs and bathroom sex, but no one can tell me you don't somehow feel connected even when thats going on, some sort of emotional bond?

TheLiquidFairy

TRIBE Member

I view it being more a case of society wanting to have their cake but trying desperately to avoid the messy details of the aftermath. It's now a socially acceptable defense mechanism to avoid emotional baggage, or in other words a socially acceptable manner of using someone, but not having to deal with them afterwards.

From the Ministry of society has made it acceptable to do shit like this.

It's unfortunate but definitely true.

*sighs as she watches a kissing scene in Coyote Ugly*
lol

XXX
Marian

geminigirl

TRIBE Member

How come though?

I think because with kissing you are face to face...you can look into each others eyes...well you are not looking into someone eyes when you are sucking their dick...LOL...or maybe you are...hahaha

If I hooked up with a guy, thought he was hot but didn't want to get too emotionally involved I wouldn't engage too much in the kissing and would focus more on other stuff...you know what i'm sayin'...Having said that...Maxine is not the booty call kinda girl:D

Peace

I guess I shouldn't totally condemn the motives behind it, since I think we've all seen people around in clubs, at work, or plenty of other places that we might have felt a sexual attraction towards, but probably wouldn't want to be seen with them around people we know. Hell, I'll admit that I've seen plenty of chicks that I'd like to screw into next week, that I know would be totally wrong for me, or that I'd want nothing else to do with. However, the difference is that I don't act on them, while others might.

From the Ministry of it's an urge that some can't (or won't) control