• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A quick end to a fast ride....

Woody

TRIBE Member
Motorcycle rider killed
Mar. 17, 2006. 07:08 PM
JEN GERSON
STAFF REPORTER

A motorcycle rider is dead and traffic was backed up in both directions on Highway 401 near Highway 400 after the bike hit the back of a transport truck this afternoon.

Some witnesses said two motorcycles were weaving in and out of traffic moments before the accident.

Police said speeds reached as high as 160 km/hour.

The motorycle that crashed was carrying a rider believed to be in his 20s. The accident happened in the eastbound express lanes, just under the Highway 400 overpass.

Paramedics on the scene said the man was dead when they arrived.

Police said the rider of the other motorcycle stopped.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Good riddance! I hate these idiots.
One of these guys went by me on the DVP and almost made ME crash. He was easily doing over 200 km's.

Woody

TRIBE Member
isn't that what the darwin awards are for?? pure stupidity? which is exactly what this is to me.

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
ev said:
that's a little harsh!

no one deserves to die just because they're careless.

in this case, in highly congested traffic highways like this... yea you do deserve what you get.

crotch rockets + kids + stupidity like this = you get what you deserve.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Maui

TRIBE Member
ev said:
that's a little harsh!

careless? Is that what you call that? I call it reckless endangerment of other peoples lives. Innocent people. Children. Babies. Pets.

I'm not saying if he was caught that he should be executed. But if fate takes care of you It'll do a better job of getting your supid ass off the road then the cops would.

Joe Seven

TRIBE Member
I hear what you guys are saying: idiots on the road who put others in danger should not be allowed to drive... agreed. However, I don't think you should go so far as to celebrate their (self-inflicted) deaths... these are real people with lives, families, friends, co-workers, etc. just like anyone else.
My younger brother almost died in a moto accident so I'm biased, but I've also seen how a good person can screw up major and death is not a justified punishment.

Maui

TRIBE Member
Joe Seven said:
I hear what you guys are saying: idiots on the road who put others in danger should not be allowed to drive... agreed. However, I don't think you should go so far as to celebrate their (self-inflicted) deaths... these are real people with lives, families, friends, co-workers, etc. just like anyone else.
My younger brother almost died in a moto accident so I'm biased, but I've also seen how a good person can screw up major and death is not a justified punishment.
I'm not drinking so I wouldn't call it a celebration.

I've screwed up majorly a few times. I've had two incidents where I was a blink away from death. It doesn't matter to me whether I had lived or died at those moments. I mean once your dead nothing really matters at all and you wouldn't care that you died right? Now his family may be punished, but that is his doing.
So that makes him even more of an ass. Better his family then someone elses.

Maui

TRIBE Member
ev said:
so if he hadn't crashed and died... would you still be saying that he deserved to die?
What I'm saying is that If he had hit you on the road and killed you, I would see you even less than I already do. Thus my reason for living would be squelched, and now 2 people are dead. :(

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
I was once gonna get a bike....to ride.....no showboating....nothin'.

But I fear ignorant cars who have a difficult time paying attention to motorcycles on the road.

I've been to two funerals this week (non motorcycle related). It makes you realize how valuable life can be. It is unfortunate that the motorcycle rider's carelessness resulted in death.

derek

TRIBE Member
solacevip said:
I was once gonna get a bike....to ride.....no showboating....nothin'.

But I fear ignorant cars who have a difficult time paying attention to motorcycles on the road.

I've been to two funerals this week (non motorcycle related). It makes you realize how valuable life can be. It is unfortunate that the motorcycle rider's carelessness resulted in death.

while idiots on crotch rocket can wreak havoc on the hwy, you're right, so can car drivers who don't give bikes the space they need (by that i refer to cars that tailgate bikes).

Taylor

TRIBE Member
ev said:
so if he hadn't crashed and died... would you still be saying that he deserved to die?
Well considering that both motorcyclists did not have licences and were weaving in and out of traffic at 130 clicks, yeah they deserved to die because they did it to themselves.

If they hadn't crashed, they would have been lucky.

So yeah they deserved to die for being reckless and stupid towards themselves and others.

Rataxès

TRIBE Member
Last summer I watched two idiots on motorcycles perform various stunts including pulling wheelies and passing cars while holding wheelies on a 400 series highway at speeds in excess of 140km/h.

While I realize that careless car drivers are responsible for a large number of motorcycle accidents (left turns, changing lanes into bikes etc) and that there are many bike dirvers who are reasonable and law-abiding, this type of behaviour is truly ridiculous and makes me hope for an ill-placed pebble on the road. While car drivers are certainly capable of egregious behaviour on the road it is never even close to the stunts pulled by bike-tards.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Taylor said:
Well considering that both motorcyclists did not have licences and were weaving in and out of traffic at 130 clicks, yeah they deserved to die because they did it to themselves.

If they hadn't crashed, they would have been lucky.

So yeah they deserved to die for being reckless and stupid towards themselves and others.

you're jsut mad because Toronto women are so cold.

Taylor

TRIBE Member
Make sure "ev" that you don't go out motorcycling without a licence, weave in and out of cars and go 130 KM/hr on a major highway during rushhour, or you too could be dead with your head torn off.

acheron

TRIBE Member
caz said:
serious. homeboy shouldnt have died for this shit, thats for damn sure!
Shouldn't? How? Buddy totally deserved it. No license, racing, high speed, IN TRAFFIC... Just be glad he didn't take anyone else with him. Suicidal maniacs who are thoughtful enough to kill themselves without taking other people with them are the best kind of suicidal maniacs, in my opinion.

CO2

TRIBE Member
ev said:
that's a little harsh!

agreed.

However, you cant help but think that at that speed, they were certainly asking for it.

Last edited:
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Thumpr

TRIBE Member
we'll all had one of these sportsters blow by us going 180 on the highway at one pint or another, and we've all thought to ourselves that we would enjoy him getting picked off by the tractor trailor up ahead.

crossing the stupid line can cost you your life.

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
Taylor said:
Make sure "ev" that you don't go out motorcycling without a licence, weave in and out of cars and go 130 KM/hr on a major highway during rushhour, or you too could be dead with your head torn off.

I never would. I'm a little smarter then that ;)

make sure "taylor" that you don't try and pick up women in Toronto. They're mean and will make you cry. stick to fat ugo's in Port Hope. they have nothing going for themselves and will be more accepting of you.

Last edited by a moderator: