• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

a question for people who work in the financial industry

redeyes

TRIBE Member
what the hell does a Securities Administrator do??

i have an interview tommorrow for the position but i have no idea what it's about. a google search has turned no relevant info.

peace

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Probably one that looks after all administrative work with regards to securities, ie making sure all corporate actions are upto date.

Gizmo

TRIBE Member
That's a back office function.

Making sure trades settle properly, the correct accounts have been hit. Keeping up with trade confirms.

If you want to do it, only do it for a short while. It's a good learning experience for terminology and overall the nitty gritty of various securities markets. However, it is also my experience that it is the home of the most bitter people in the industry. And they get the short end of the stick in terms of perks and pay when compared to middle office (risk mgmt, financial controls) and front office (sales, trading) functions.

I think there's even a policy of even keeping them in a bad mood and bitter as we stash the back office employees at the head office of our firm in the sub-sub basement.

Not a hint of sunlight!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders