• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A question for Booty fans/Prog fans and DJ's alike

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
In theory if one was to play a follow up set to a good, hard booty DJ what would you start out with??

Things to note: a prog-style DJ is following... this is a difficult scenario for anyone who understands music: How do you start a prog set after "face down ass up that's the way we like to fuck????" SO I leave it to you... lemme pick your brains and please share your thoughts with me okee?
Jamie :)

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by JEMZ
In theory if one was to play a follow up set to a good, hard booty DJ what would you start out with??

Things to note: a prog-style DJ is following... this is a difficult scenario for anyone who understands music: How do you start a prog set after "face down ass up that's the way we like to fuck????" SO I leave it to you... lemme pick your brains and please share your thoughts with me okee?
Jamie :)
Ask the Booty/Hard DJ to finish his set with Work It - DJ Funk.

It's basically Billy Jean beat... that would be easiest to mix into and it's a bit slower.

pr0nstar Hard/Booty Can't Wait Til Bam Bam 2MoreO! :D

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

JEMZ

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hardtekfunk
I'd just play a sample record to make some mental space between the styles. Something humourous...

@m.
See this was out thoughts, the reality is that this is our situation in about 4 hours so we figured we would as those with opinions what to do :) Never spinned after booty.

G

Originally posted by Mr_Furious
why don't you just fade the song out?
I don't think it's mixing booty and prog that's the problem... although that would be probably be pretty difficult to pull off.

I think he's refering to the fact that they sound nothing alike and he's wondering what would be a good way to transition from booty to prog.

go with anything with some dirty bass