• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Minivan Just Blew Up Right Outside my Apartment !!!

Rocky

TRIBE Member
seriously. this happened maybe 45 minutes ago. i was sitting here surfing the net when i heard a small bang followed by a really loud one. then i smelled something burning so i looked outside and a minivan was completely in flames. i must give credit to the hamilton-wentworth fire department. the response time was amazing. they were there before i could run back inside and grab my camera to take a picture of the car in flames. i got one shot of them putting out the fire...so i mostly got smoke and no flames.

nobody was in the minivan. i'd really like to know what happened. it'll probably be on the news because it happened right beside the CH (channel 11) building and a cameraman was on the scene before i could get on shoes and a sweater on and get outside. if anyone learns more about the fire please post it here. wow...a little excitement to what was a rather banal evening.
 
Last edited:

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Bass-Invader
was it the new ford concept pinto minivan?
i really couldn't tell. this thing was charred...and by the time i got downstairs the flames were out and it was in a really dark spot. i couldn't see much.
 

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky


i really couldn't tell. this thing was charred...and by the time i got downstairs the flames were out and it was in a really dark spot. i couldn't see much.
there is no such thing as a pinto concept van.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
G

Guest

Guest
Holy shit, you live right around the corner from me.

I saw a firetruck go screaming by my window (Queen and Jackson), but they're always screaming by my window, so no big wup.
 
Originally posted by Tearer
I saw a firetruck go screaming by my window (Queen and Jackson), but they're always screaming by my window, so no big wup.
Shit blow up often in your neighbourhood?

From the ministry of another reason why Hamilton is a no go with the living arrangements...

Prime Minister Highsteppa
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Tearer
Holy shit, you live right around the corner from me.

I saw a firetruck go screaming by my window (Queen and Jackson), but they're always screaming by my window, so no big wup.
yeah...i live on bold. this happened right behind the convenience store on hunter and caroline. my building is directly beside it and my apartment is facing that side.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Originally posted by el presidente Highsteppa


Shit blow up often in your neighbourhood?

From the ministry of another reason why Hamilton is a no go with the living arrangements...
Hamilton's the greenest city in Canada yo. It's a happy place.

Also, I live right by a station, so the fuckers use this street as the start of practically every call for a 10 mile radius.

Well, they're not really fuckers. I bet they'd save my cat if it was ever caught in a tree. And if I had a cat.
 

Rocky

TRIBE Member
well...there is a lot of action in this neighbourhood. since i moved down here (from the mountain) there has been at least 6-8 accidents on 2 of the 4 corners of my block...my building has been on fire...a few years ago several blocks were taped off by the police because of some wacko with a rifle...and the car-bombing (i'll call it a bombing 'cause it's sounds more exciting) that just happened tonight.

...oh yeah...i should mention the wacko-house just down my street. i get a kick out of the guy who i always see walking down the street by himself, with a smoke in his mouth laughing hysterically at god knows what.
 

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
that actually happened across the street from me when I was living at Bloor/Lansdowne(big surprise)! You should have see the crackheads run for cover!
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

CC

TRIBE Member
mini vans suck shit. they are made like garbage.....

my friend's parents had one blow up. they ran inside to grab something from the house, and then they hear a loud explosion. good thing they were inside.

to make things worse, they get another minivan from ford as a replacement, and what happens? it catches on fire for no reason... luckily it didn't fully blow up.

only way to get your money's worth out of a vehicle is to buy a car.

shawn
 

Rosey

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Rocky
they were there before i could run back inside and grab my camera to take a picture of the car in flames. i got one shot of them putting out the fire...so i mostly got smoke and no flames.
did it maybe occur to you to run inside and grab say, a fire estinguisher? hmmmmm?
 

Rocky

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: A Minivan Just Blew Up Right Outside my Apartment !!!

Originally posted by Rosey


did it maybe occur to you to run inside and grab say, a fire estinguisher? hmmmmm?
well...i don't have a fire extinguisher. besides, there was no fire extinguisher that was gonna put that fire out. it took the fire department about 10 mintues with the hose to put out all the flames. what the eff could i do with a fire extinguisher?
 
tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

dawndalon

TRIBE Promoter
Re: Re: Re: A Minivan Just Blew Up Right Outside my Apartment !!!

Originally posted by Rocky


well...i don't have a fire extinguisher. besides, there was no fire extinguisher that was gonna put that fire out. it took the fire department about 10 mintues with the hose to put out all the flames. what the eff could i do with a fire extinguisher?
Exactly, I was just thinking the same thing. There is no way Im gonna try to put out a car fire with a dinky little extinguisher. Plus u dont know if the car is going to explode again. It would be a different story is someone was in the car but theres no need to endanger urself over a hunk of metal. The same thing happened infront of my house once and thats one big m*ther f*cken fire ball!
Dee
 
Top