• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A mild winter?

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
the night of the snowstorm over the christmas break, my gf and i headed out to do some tobogganing at 11pm. It was one of my favourite moments of 2012. I'm hoping for another big snow-dump soon! Altho I have to admit, it's nice not to be wearing my gigantic winter coat on the subway.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

octo

TRIBE Member
back in ithe fall, they again predicted a cold snowy winter :rolleyes:

why do they even bother with the longe range predictions?

Persephone

TRIBE Member
I can tolerate a variety of winter conditions, provided that the sun is shining. This past week I've felt really fortunate that we've had so much sunshine, unusual for Ontario winters. As other have mentioned, I also tobogganed in all the snow dumped right after Christmas. So much fun. Would be nice to have a few more dumpings for more tobogganing ridiculousness.

Snuffy

TRIBE Member
It's my roommate's first time in Canada during Winter, and this is not impressing him. I want at least one week of -35c.

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
Cool and lots of rain here in Vancouver..but the costal mountains are getting pounded daily..so much snow!

KodiaK

TRIBE Member
the night of the snowstorm over the christmas break, my gf and i headed out to do some tobogganing at 11pm. It was one of my favourite moments of 2012. I'm hoping for another big snow-dump soon! Altho I have to admit, it's nice not to be wearing my gigantic winter coat on the subway.
oh wow, you so hard done peoples downtown.

How the fuck do you even live with yourselves in such harsh conditions?

I can't even fathom those such rugged conditions. A gigantic coat while riding a train through a tube in the underground?! WOW!!! I can't even imagine..........

Last edited:

Blysspluss

TRIBE Member
Hahaha..sarcasm.

The gigantic coat is handy. -18 now, and with windchill, -29.

Winter's back...and getting angrier/colder....til tuesday, apparently. Then we're back to shorts weather/near 0.

Sal De Ban

TRIBE Member
oh wow, you so hard done peoples downtown.

How the fuck do you even live with yourselves in such harsh conditions?

I can't even fathom those such rugged conditions. A gigantic coat while riding a train through a tube in the underground?! WOW!!! I can't even imagine..........
you're just jealous.

lucky1

TRIBE Member
I can't stand this kind of weahter. Got soaked in shitty January rain walking to my office this morning. On top of that I was sweating inside my stupid jacket (and it is my fall jacket). Now I'm soggy and miserable at work with dripping hair. I hate damp, and wet, and rain in winter. If I liked this stuff I would move to west coast. Much prefer dry cold, snow and sun. I'm in a bad mood now.

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
I can tolerate a variety of winter conditions, provided that the sun is shining. This past week I've felt really fortunate that we've had so much sunshine, unusual for Ontario winters.
as long as the sun is shining, i'm good to go!

i just want to wear my new down coat a bit more, but i've only had a chance to do so once this winter. it's been too warm otherwise. i want to look like a marshmallow!!!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

sianspherica

TRIBE Member
I can't stand this kind of weahter. Got soaked in shitty January rain walking to my office this morning. On top of that I was sweating inside my stupid jacket (and it is my fall jacket). Now I'm soggy and miserable at work with dripping hair. I hate damp, and wet, and rain in winter. If I liked this stuff I would move to west coast. Much prefer dry cold, snow and sun. I'm in a bad mood now.
You do realize umbrellas have been invented?

*check weather*
*dress appropriately*

it's not that complicated.

I am totally fine with this weather, all the nasty black slush piles of remaining snow will be gone by tomorrow, once the rain is done we have a nice clean fresh slate and 10 degree weather.

I will totally take that over what poor St John's is getting today.

octo

TRIBE Member
looks like it's going to be raining/cloudy/drizzly all weekend.
i'd take cold and sunny over this crap.

i just go new winter boots. i want a newfie style snow storm!

glych t.anomaly

TRIBE Member
riding around town was uber fun last night, BUT i want snow. i <3 snow. its looks better than soggy filthy fucking boiled chicken grass, and dirt and little fucking grime water everywhere.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories