• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A La Mode

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Couldn't help but notice that there seems to be a huge Depeche Mode revival going on right now (no?). People are dropping remixes, samples or entire tracks into sets lately (and what's up with that? why the sudden revival?).

So I thought it might be interesting to start a quick thread regarding either your favourite DM song, remix, moment or related memory (this has probably been done before but fuck it - it's new to me).

For instance, my favourite track would be Blasphemous Rumours (which would make a wikked remix imho), my favourite remix would be Sasha's Enjoy The Silence and my favourite memory would be that all the catholic high school chicks from Hamilton loved them and would seemingly loose all restraint upon hearing any track by them.

Anybody else wanna play?

If not, well, at least I got that off my chest.

vench

TRIBE Promoter
I used to play some DM in my sets a couple of years ago.

always working on new stuff with DM samples...

I was on this boat long before this revial happened.

but it's cool... love to hear DM.

vench

Sunshyne Jones

TRIBE Member
fave memory - everyone doing that dance, at school dances, where you kind of bop around but keep your feet together on the floor. hilarious. always happened to Depeche Mode songs.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
i bought the entire 3 box CD set of all the 12" singles on ebay as a xmas present to me. It is unbelievable and pretty hard to get. If you see them in a used store, buy them because they are only appreciating in value.

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Sunshyne Jones
you guys have a remix too, don't you snapple?
holy fuck - i totally forgot about that. and of all the tracks we've done to date, that's pretty close to my favourite. and I think it spanks Danny T's remixes as well. hmmmmmmmm. too narcissitic (sp?) to pick your own remix so I'll stick with Sasha's first and then ours second.

good thing someone's paying attention.

:p

Evil Dynovac

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
i bought the entire 3 box CD set of all the 12" singles on ebay as a xmas present to me. It is unbelievable and pretty hard to get. If you see them in a used store, buy them because they are only appreciating in value.
That sounds like a score and a half! What did you get yours for?

Snapple

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Evil Dynovac
That sounds like a score and a half! What did you get yours for?
Yes indeed - what did you pay for them?

And does this box set have a name?

Or should I just get off my lazy but and go research it on the DM site or Google?

Thanx.

billy

TRIBE Member
I won't get into the song thing because yes, it is another thread, but I don't think there is any revival going on. i'm a huge DM fan and retired dj and would always add their songs into a set. others have been doing it for quite some time. remember, they still exist as a band so it's not like we're going into the past.

what does annoy me is bad covers. there's that one of behind the wheel that came out a few years back. it's just the same song with some other guy singing it. for some good covers, pick up a compilation called "for the masses".

mandapanda

TRIBE Member
i remember making up "dance routines" in my basement when i was like 8 or something to "personal jesus". yes, that's right.

anyways, that is all ;)

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
I just came accross a Depeche Mode record that I bought when I was maybe 15. I don't think it's been played before.

billy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by alexd
there is a new box set package coming out soon to compliment the previous box sets in black. it's basically the same concept except from 96-present.