• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A great Saturday night

erika

TRIBE Member
First, the housewarming party of a couple of SERIOUS vinyl heads. One room is records everywhere, with a beautiful shelf of all 45's.

The vibe was great, the tunes were terrific, a great mix of people.

Then onto Neutral for the Box of Kittens party; it had been a while since I had been to techno party I enjoyed. This one was great. The space lends itself well to that. The AlienInflux soundsystem ensured the bass was prominent.

Jamie Kidd in particular played some killer tunes, as did Steffi the headliner.

Two totally different types of music, each very well done - that's what I call a good night!

Now I want to hear from those who went to one of the many other good parties that were happening on the same night :).

octo

TRIBE Member
1 week late but i had pretty good saturday last week.

a buddy hosted dinner and drinks with a bunch of friends (i just realised i've been friends since highschool with all but the host and one other guy).

i hit up Bunda for some afro latin deeeep with Jose Marquez. great tunes. i think i got sweaty. i remember peeling layers off and putting them in a corner. then struggling to find all my shit when i was leaving.

not a fan of raised dance floor around the dj booth. i don't remember it being there last time.

other than that, i like bunda. nice vibe and good crowd makes it easy to fly in there solo. plus there's usually a good chance that i'll run into someone i know.

i hope i didn't make an ass of myself last week.

another house party tonight but i don't think i'll be able to escape to frankie knuckles. too much of a mission from Ford Nation (aka etobicoke).

octo

TRIBE Member
as nice as the weather is right now, it makes it awkward for partying.

it's not cold enough for a winter jacket. so i wear a lighter jacket with a sweater. inevitably the sweater ends up in a corner and if there's no coat check, the jacket ends up in the corner too.

/first world problems

erika

TRIBE Member
not a fan of raised dance floor around the dj booth. i don't remember it being there last time.

another house party tonight but i don't think i'll be able to escape to frankie knuckles. too much of a mission from Ford Nation (aka etobicoke).
Likewise. I was there last night for Keith Worthy and found it a really annoying barrier that prevented the dance floor from flowing as it could (particularly as he was playing a great set).

I'm definitely going to Frankie Knuckles, with a stop at Turning Point first :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders