• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Game of Thrones: OMG!!! George RR Martin's fantasy set for HBO!!!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Is there a site where you can click on a place in the map and it tells you who lives there, etc?
I've always loved this one:

Interactive Game of Thrones Map with Spoilers Control

It's an interactive map where you can pick between book or show, click on different characters, and then move the slider along to see their journey's over the map.

It's brilliant.

Note, it only seems to be updated through the end of Season 5

greginhali

TRIBE Member
Wow! I have never seen the map posted up here before. If I lived anywhere West of the Narrow Sea (which is a huge land mass) I wouldn't give two shits about the white walkers.

There is lots of land to live on and winter is barely coming.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

praktik

TRIBE Member
really? I wondered when the hound was taking a piss. Wasn't there a moment there where the marsh was kind of surreal and the camera paused a bit? Im thinking these brigands might reveal her to the Hound soon...

deep

TRIBE Member
I think there was something in the books to the effect that the Lord of Light would only keep one person alive after death (either Beric or Lady Stoneheart), although that doesn't really line up with Jon Snow.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
really? I wondered when the hound was taking a piss. Wasn't there a moment there where the marsh was kind of surreal and the camera paused a bit? Im thinking these brigands might reveal her to the Hound soon...
In the books Beric gives his life so that she can be resurrected. He's alive in the show.

And most of the notes with Brienne that Lady Stoneheart hit were done in the scenes with her and Jaime and her and the Blackfish.

I agree I thought something was going on with the way they shot him taking a piss. I just can't see how they could have her alive and Beric.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Also Cleganebowl doesn't look like it's going to happen (at least not the way everyone thought). Is thy Hype dead?

silver1

TRIBE Member
In the books Beric gives his life so that she can be resurrected. He's alive in the show.

And most of the notes with Brienne that Lady Stoneheart hit were done in the scenes with her and Jaime and her and the Blackfish.

I agree I thought something was going on with the way they shot him taking a piss. I just can't see how they could have her alive and Beric.
[spoil]It could be that Beric has transferred it over to Stark, so he's on his last "life" i.e. his next death is his last.[/spoil]

defazman

TRIBE Member
I think we'll all be disappointed if the brothers don't fight to the death eventually. This show is giving us more questions than answers, so I'm looking for some big payoffs next week.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Some potentially spoilerish talk in here. Keep that crap to the book thread.

Episode 6.08 was great. I'm glad the Arya theories (that it was really the waif or the faceless dude that got stabbed) turned out to be wrong.

How did Arya survive getting stabbed in the stomach so many times? There's no way a cloth bandage and some milk of the poppy would fix multiple stab wounds to the stomach.

The faceless dude's story never sat right with me. If he's so formidable, why was he in need of rescue by Arya when she found him in a cage with a bunch of other common criminals?

Daenerys's return was fun times. Can't wait to see the next scene of that battle.

I really liked the Jamie v. Brienne scenes. Those were well handled.

I continue to root now for Cersei Lannister. "I choose violence" was a great scene. It seems strange that Cersei would not have any ability to speak with her son. That seemed to happen too quickly with no satisfactory explanation. Am I alone in this or are others rooting for Cersei in her storyline?

Only two more episodes left this season. The second last episode of each season has been a doozy. Episode 6.09 (next week) is called "The Battle of Bastards" so it's pretty obvious we'll see the fight for Winterfell. The last episode's title is still a secret.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
[spoil]
I think the books will have Caetlyn transfer her resurrection powers to Jon Snow, and that's how he will be resurrected. So she ends when Jon rises.

In the show, I expect that this power was simply used by the red priestess to save time/money. But to avoid extra immortals, I expect that the exercise of the power on Jon means Dondarrion is no longer immortal, and will probably eat it soon. Leaving the hound and thoros to run the brotherhood.

The timelines are off but if all that happens the the books and the show could be made plot-convergent.
[/spoil]

praktik

TRIBE Member
Tv Show Cersei is somehow way more sympathetic than Book Cersei.

Also Book Cersei gives you the "caught in a hopeless downward spiral of paranoia and self-destruction" vibe a lot more than Show Cersei, who has some amount of inner strength/determination/"got it together"-ness that Book Cersei certainly didn't have to me in my reading!

In the book the Cersei chapters were satisfying from seeing her really twist on the vine after being so cruel - in the show her scenes are satisfying cause you're just waiting for her to exact revenge and feel like YOU want that revenge too!

I dunno maybe other book readers/show watchers can comment if they are also "more pro-Cersei" in the show vs the book!

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

praktik

TRIBE Member
^^ I expect for budget reasons this season will be very much like Season 2 and the battle of Blackwater Bay sucking a ton of budget, impacting run-up episodes which have more talking and less action....

Looks awesome tho!

Who the hell knows whats gonna happen>>

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I don't think there's a limit to resurrections except that each priest can only do one. The fact is that returning from the dead is a reality in this world. White Walkers do it. Red Priests do it. The Drowned God does it (to some degree).

janiecakes

TRIBE Member
I continue to root now for Cersei Lannister. "I choose violence" was a great scene. It seems strange that Cersei would not have any ability to speak with her son. That seemed to happen too quickly with no satisfactory explanation. Am I alone in this or are others rooting for Cersei in her storyline?
You are not alone and I am going to drive everyone around me bananas answering "I choose violence" to everything.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories