• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Game of Thrones: OMG!!! George RR Martin's fantasy set for HBO!!!

DJ Vuvu Zela

TRIBE Member
There's been little clues here and there about some kind of bond between the Hound & Sansa. In addition to what's been mentioned, last season at the joust, after the Hound stops his brother the Mountain from killing Loras Tyrell, Sansa was first to her feet to lead the crowd in applause. In the first episode this season the Hound agreed with Sansa that killing someone of your name day was bad luck, so that Joffrey would not drown the fat knight with wine.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Pleasantly surprised that the crowd rioting in King's Landing went over so well - in my mind that was going to be difficult to stage believably but they pulled it off and the crowd was suitably convincing (was worried the extras wouldn't be believable)

Wonder if we'll get a Lollys mention next week or if this was a peripheral character that got the chop - didnt do much in the books but was useful tool to illustrate the culture of nobility and the savagery of the crowd...

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
So things are starting to really veer away from the books.

Danny's dragons being stolen wtf?
Yeah, between that, Petyr being everywhere and the John Snow business, it's definitely taking some turns...and has skipped a lot (somewhat understandable given the books length and how short the seasons are). Weird considering S1 was bang on with the book and S2...not so much.

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
Ya that stolen dragons thing threw me as well... I was like - Hey! I don't remember that from the book.... I hope they don't veer too far away from the story.

silver1

TRIBE Member
re: stolen dragons

[spoil]I think the stolen dragon's is just the device they are using to get dany to go to the warlocks place.

From the books I don't remember any particular reason she decided to go there, other than she was intrigued to check it out.

This gives her a more pressing motive to go there, and will make the scorching of the place seem more vengeful[/spoil]

praktik

TRIBE Member
I am not fussed about their deviations from the books so far, mainly cause I think they have an amazing sensitivity to Martin's work and all their choices so far make sense... even if they make a few mistakes with their changes I think they have that understanding of the novels that would prevent them from straying too far.

In fact I think so far they've done a remarkable job of turning these books into a television show - and have stayed very faithful to George's storyline.

Also I think Dany's story is perhaps the most difficult of all to put on screen and we will probably see the most significant changes there (when compared to other storylines).

silver1

TRIBE Member
I am not fussed about their deviations from the books so far, mainly cause I think they have an amazing sensitivity to Martin's work and all their choices so far make sense... even if they make a few mistakes with their changes I think they have that understanding of the novels that would prevent them from straying too far.

In fact I think so far they've done a remarkable job of turning these books into a television show - and have stayed very faithful to George's storyline.

Also I think Dany's story is perhaps the most difficult of all to put on screen and we will probably see the most significant changes there (when compared to other storylines).
I fully agree. I like the deviations because it still makes the show more "fresh" for all of us that have read the books.

The other thing too that was mentioned before in the thread are the things that may have been implied via the books, but the show fleshes them out. The books couldn't really flesh them out because they are for characters that didn't get their own "chapters" (Renly, Stannis etc.).

Variant

TRIBE Member
Loved that scene with the spice king.

I use my ships, you see *hands gestures*, to move spice from one port to another.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders