• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Game of Thrones: OMG!!! George RR Martin's fantasy set for HBO!!!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Yes. There was a scene early in the finale I guess it was discussed then?

Yes Ilena Tyrell was in Dorne with the Sand Snakes not really having any of their shit even though they have a common hatred of the Lannisters and then Varys walks in and offers them "Fire and Blood".

[YOUTUBE]v_-5I3VmefA[/YOUTUBE]

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
How the hell was Varys able to be on Dorne in one scene and then on Daenerys's ship in the next scene? Is tons of time passing between these scenes or does Varys have the ability to teleport or clone himself.

Dragon??

I went back to that scene after the amazing Titus scene with Frey. Is Jaime on her hit list?

edit: I looked up some of the names:
https://www.quora.com/Who-are-all-of-the-names-on-Aryas-list

Doesn't appear to be on her list, but you never know since it's Cersi's brother.

Curious, no?? :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
I expect the fast travel scenes are really just the show compressing what are actually month long time (westeros time) gaps into a single episode.
So, Varys' meeting with Dorne would've occurred several months after leaving Mereen.
The battle in Mereen occurring several months later.
Varys' returnin to Mereen shortly after that.
Etc.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Love that in a world where women are treated like shit, that women have all the key positions of power.

Also, is that fiesty little Mormont girl from Bear Island, Jorah Mormont's daughter?

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Jorah is her Cousin. Jorah would be the head of the family if it wasn't for his disgrace. That lead to Lyanna's mother becoming the 'Lady of Bear Island' and she died in the War of the 5 Kings.

I like how this relatively small family has become so important in the story.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Love that in a world where women are treated like shit, that women have all the key positions of power.

Not just the key positions of power (Daenerys, Queen Cersei, Yara, Sand Snakes, Old Lady Tyrell, possibly Sansa), but also the toughest warrior (Brienne) and possibly the deadliest assassin (Arya).

Jon Snow is the only significant male character left that is formidable enough to be on that list of badasses.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Not just the key positions of power (Daenerys, Queen Cersei, Yara, Sand Snakes, Old Lady Tyrell, possibly Sansa), but also the toughest warrior (Brienne) and possibly the deadliest assassin (Arya).

Jon Snow is the only significant male character left that is formidable enough to be on that list of badasses.

And other than Jon the Men who have power or are important have some sort of disability or are not warriors: Jaime's Hand, Bran's Legs, Tyrion's height, Varys' penis, Theon's Penis, Sam's Cowardice

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Is there anyone that can challenge Cersei for the throne? I'm guessing Daenarys and Jon are the only ones. I can see them getting married, provided Jon's lineage can somehow be proven. That would merge the Targaryn and Stark houses and should bring order to the 7 kingdoms?

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
And other than Jon the Men who have power or are important have some sort of disability or are not warriors: Jaime's Hand, Bran's Legs, Tyrion's height, Varys' penis, Theon's Penis, Sam's Cowardice

That's an interesting point.

Query: Does the author ever explain the hierarchy for the throne? One might have expected Jaime Lannister to be in line before Cersei Lannister after Tommen died.

Is there anyone that can challenge Cersei for the throne? I'm guessing Daenarys and Jon are the only ones. I can see them getting married, provided Jon's lineage can somehow be proven. That would merge the Targaryn and Stark houses and should bring order to the 7 kingdoms?

Daenerys would be Jon Snow's aunt by blood.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Cersei would have claim to the thrown as being married to Robert. No living children left to claim. No other Barratheon's to claim. So I'm guessing its hers to take.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
I'm pretty sure Women are considered as heirs only when all possible male heirs are eliminated. But Jaime isn't in line at all as he is a Lannister. Cersei's claim is through Marriage to Robert Barratheon. His claim though was based on defeating the Targaryan family. This is why Jon had to be protected because his existence (and Daenerys' of course) invalidated the Baratheon rule.

So considering the Targaryan family still exists and that male Heir's are preferred to female the best claim to the throne is Jon Snow.

The other piece of this is the Targaryan tradition of marrying with in the family. Once it comes out that Jon is Targaryn and has the best claim to the throne Tyrion will likely put this all together and try to get that to happen. Remember he spent time at the wall and knows Jon and should understand he would be a better ally than enemy.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Actually what happened to that black smith bastard from Season 1/2 that joined Arya in fleeing the Red Keep? He would have a valid claim to the throne.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Gendry!

latest

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Don't believe the hype, fans will demand more and we'll be treated to a few extra hours in the final season. Like the LOTR extended edition.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
I'm not sure. Before I even heard this, I was saying to my friend, there can't be much left. Everything is in play now and coming to a head. It's not like there is a lot of room to drag it out now. And it would impact the quality of the show if they did.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I'm not sure. Before I even heard this, I was saying to my friend, there can't be much left. Everything is in play now and coming to a head. It's not like there is a lot of room to drag it out now. And it would impact the quality of the show if they did.

Fair point. The dialogue this season definitely suffered.. Dinklage looked pained in some scenes and I'm more convinced now that it was because of the crappy dialogue he had to spout. So if less hours == a better overall show, so be it.