• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Game of Thrones: OMG!!! George RR Martin's fantasy set for HBO!!!

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
You can probably blame Bell Canada which took over HBO Canada last November and who also have no idea how to operate HBO in Canada with lack of an online HBO only subscription service.

Wonder if there are any fans that have started an online petition or something to get the season finale broadcast on Cineplex again? I know it's last minute because it airs on Sunday June 26th, but I really wish something could be done for it. IMHO, to not have been able be see Episode 9 on the big screen would be a disservice and a great shame. That last episode shamed BRAVEHEART or anything I've ever seen from Kirosawa. No joke!

So many fans on other boards have talked about their multiple viewings of the last episode. I'm really holding out before I have a repeat viewing of the last episode I until I know for sure it's absolutely too late that Cineplex will not air the finale.

Last edited:
Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

Zorro

TRIBE Member
I don't buy it.

I have a new theory all based on that last scene. Where Sansa almost looks away then doesn't then she walks away a smiles.

Sansa will be the last person standing and SHE will be queen. So many people will die in the "final" battle all that is left is Sansa. A women who was a little girl who dreamed of marring her prince and becoming queen one day. Who has seen and been forced into some of the worse conditions and all this has conditioned her to grow stronger, by the episode now.

So yeah, When Kings landing is burnt to the ground everybody has died fighting the white walkers. Sansa will rise to be queen and Ayra her hand of the queen.

And I'm probably completely wrong on this.

Lojack

TRIBE Member
Well, now we know where the money for the pay raises came from.

Great episode, and Cersei's costume was truly awesome.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
question, if R + L = J, why does Jon have jet black hair? don't Targaryens have golden/white hair. Baratheon's are known for their black hair, which is why Jon Arryn was looking through the lineage book at the beginning of the series...maybe the R should stand for Robert.

c.

silver1

TRIBE Member
question, if R + L = J, why does Jon have jet black hair? don't Targaryens have golden/white hair. Baratheon's are known for their black hair, which is why Jon Arryn was looking through the lineage book at the beginning of the series...maybe the R should stand for Robert.

c.

?? Lyanna Stark had jet black hair in last night's episode.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Guess who just won the Death Pool at my office!

Everyone thought I had way too many people dead. Went from 4th to 1st because of that episode. Tommen is what won it for me!

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Outstanding season finale! I agree it was the best yet!

I enjoyed seeing Cersei get her revenge, although I expect now I may go back to hating her again. Tommen's suicide was a great touch, especially after his mother spared his life even though he betrayed her.

The Daenerys scenes - with both her lover and Tyrion (new hand of the Queen!) - were awesome. The last shot of the army of ships, packed with Dothraki, Unsullied and other armies, supported by dragons flying overhead, was incredible. It reminded me of the army of Federation starships gathering to go fight the Borg. :p

Arya's revenge = awesome.

Jon Snow being hailed "King of the North!" amid rousing speeches of support = awesome. Thankfully we don't have to worry about Sansa Stark trying to take leadership of the Starks.

The R+L=J reveal was amazing, but I can't help but wonder what an awesome revelation it would have been if the fan theories had not previously burst the bubble on what could have been the most surprising development in the entire series. I really wish I had never heard that fan theory, but it was everywhere and unavoidable.

Are the Tyrells and the Sand Snakes also on Team Daenerys now? How the hell was Varys able to be on Dorne in one scene and then on Daenerys's ship in the next scene? Is tons of time passing between these scenes or does Varys have the ability to teleport or clone himself? Where the hell is Brienne and why is she missing all the cool stuff?

Just two more seasons left. I wonder if we will see Dragons vs. Frost Giants next year or if that will not come until the last season.

praktik

TRIBE Member
The Tyrells look to be with whoever is anti-Lannister

The dornish have had beef with the Lannisters going back to the rebellion, and have always been uncomfortable in the post-Targaeryan order because they were still loyal to the Mad King up until the end.

Their babies were dashed against the walls of the keep in king's landing, and that and many insults after have basically meant that A) The Dornish would be Anti-Lannister in action and not just thought eventually and B) if ever the Targaeryan's rose from the ashes, the Dornish would totes be their besties

Definitely Dorne is going to be the entrypoint for this fleet, which should be able to just land there.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
So it looks like there were already Martell and Tyrell Ships in Daenarys fleet in the last scene:

Martell:

1Q37L0w.png

latest

Tyrell:

Ur0aiXa.png

latest

This helps explain Varys managing to make it back to Daenerys so quickly. he likely just met them on their way on board Tyrell/Martell ships.

djfear

TRIBE Member
And in other news, I can finally go to bed at a decent time on Sundays.

That whole Jon Snow's lineage thing went over my head while watching it last night.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
In the books Arya's Direwolf Nimeria is roaming around the Riverlands leading a pack of wolves. Face-changing Assassin Arya + Direwolf would be kickass.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
^ didn't ned stark have to kill arya's direwolf at the beginning of the first season as robert baratheon's punishment after arya beat up joffrey?

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Why and how are the Tyrells and Martells in Dany's army? Who was sent there(Varys?) and for what reason?

So it looks like there were already Martell and Tyrell Ships in Daenarys fleet in the last scene:

This helps explain Varys managing to make it back to Daenerys so quickly. he likely just met them on their way on board Tyrell/Martell ships.