• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A Game of Thrones: OMG!!! George RR Martin's fantasy set for HBO!!!

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Is it just me, or was this not a typical episode 9 (and neither was 8). Are they saving it for 10 this time??

I'm gathering Sansa is pregnant and that Davos will kill the Red Woman.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Wow.

Great battle scene. Captured some of the essence of medieval battle that a lot of productions miss - the chaos and the butchery - really effective stuff!

silver1

TRIBE Member
Is it just me, or was this not a typical episode 9 (and neither was 8). Are they saving it for 10 this time??
What do you mean? Second to last episode of every season has always been the "big one", with the last episode typically being a "wrap up" episode to wind things down/setup for the next season.

Season 1 - Ep. 9 was when Ned got his head chopped off
Season 2 - Ep. 9 Battle on the Blackwater
Season 3 - Ep. 9 was the Red Wedding
Season 4 - Ep. 9 was the Nights Watch/Wildling Battle at the wall
Season 5 - Ep. 9 was the showdown between Dany/Dragon vs. Sons of the Harpy in the fighting pits (although Ep. 8 was a big one too with that battle vs. the horde of White Walkers)

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
It didn't feel typical in that there was nothing huge and unexpected. In all previous big episodes, there's something we didn't see coming. We knew the battle was coming. We knew one of them would die.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djfear

TRIBE Member
I love how they actually captured a realistic stampede / human crush when they were boxing them in. Jon Snow almost died from asphyxiation at that moment.

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya that's the kind of thing you don't often see in historical battles or pseudo-historical battles put to screen

I know they were doing a good job because as I was watching I had episodes of Dan Carlin's Hardcore History in mind, and his detailed descriptions of ancient battlefields and what happens when an army is encircled and eradicated.

What happened to Jon snow's army has happened to plenty of real armies in battle - and almost none if not all were never rescued "just in time"

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
Episode 6.09 was great. We saw two epic battles handled very differently. Sansa getting reinforcements from the Vale without advising Jon was interesting, although one wonders why nobody thought to recruit the Vale when they were building their army. Two much anticipated scenes - Ramsey Bolton's death and Daenerys riding her dragons into battle - were satisfying.

Can't wait for the Season Finale, which reportedly is the longest episode yet, at 69 minutes.

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
I was screaming at the TV. Jon snow you are a fool. Sansa fucking warned you to not let Ramsey goad you. Numerous times and you still fucking fell for it. The vale shit is retarded. Why would Sansa not tell Jon and the rest of the army ffs?? Sloppy as all hell writing. I loved Yara completely hitting on daenarys. Yara is one of my fave characters.

Last edited:
tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
Watching Jon get trampled was intense. I felt like I couldn't breathe haha I had to take a deep breath at one point.

That ginger wildling is savage. I want a beard because of that guy lol

defazman

TRIBE Member
It didn't feel typical in that there was nothing huge and unexpected. In all previous big episodes, there's something we didn't see coming. We knew the battle was coming. We knew one of them would die.
It didn't feel typical because we got the endings we wanted.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

praktik

TRIBE Member
Ya i totally get that. It's why I loved the books.

Wasn't hooked until Ned Stark died!

Maybe Rickon is the bittersweet "price we paid" and maybe this price was smaller than we may have come to expect given all the times Martin and the show took the wind out of our sails.

This won't be all that far off for the balance Martin himself was planning the strike in the books, in the major notes both stories will align, for the most part. And if you think about things like Ned and the fall of Winterfell, Red Wedding, all the peripheral affronts like the slaughter of all the Stark footmen in King's Landing, the death of nearly every direwolf, Hodor - I could go on, but maybe it's about time things aren't like, horribly bleak and upsetting.

Don't forget though we do have one more episode, plenty of time to cut us down a notch or two!

Lojack

TRIBE Member
I'm tempted to say they are focusing on fan service now, but this late in the story a lot of fan theories will either be proven right or wrong and would fall into the fan service camp.

Deadline is reporting the five principal actors (Dinklage, Harington, Headey, Clarke and Coster-Waldau) will be receiving $500k each per episode for season *8*. They speculate that may lead to shorter seasons, but I'm not sold on that part. SFX budget will have to be huge to meet expectations for the WW/dragon battles to come. All this could mean that the cast will need to be pared down some to keep costs under control, which would start with some surprise deaths in ep 10 this season. Gotta end it on a cliff hanger, after all.

CiG

TRIBE Member
I'm tempted to say they are focusing on fan service now, but this late in the story a lot of fan theories will either be proven right or wrong and would fall into the fan service camp.

Deadline is reporting the five principal actors (Dinklage, Harington, Headey, Clarke and Coster-Waldau) will be receiving $500k each per episode for season *8*. They speculate that may lead to shorter seasons, but I'm not sold on that part. SFX budget will have to be huge to meet expectations for the WW/dragon battles to come. All this could mean that the cast will need to be pared down some to keep costs under control, which would start with some surprise deaths in ep 10 this season. Gotta end it on a cliff hanger, after all.
Why are you telling us which actors will still be around in season 8? Keep that shit to your self please.

Klubmasta Will

TRIBE Member
I agree with CiG that knowing the 5 top characters will live until at least Season 8, given that we are still in Season 6, would be a major spoiler. That said, many "insiders" reported that Jon Snow was for sure not returning to the show after last season, saying he had moved on to other projects, cut his hair, etc., so the producers do like to plant seeds of misdirection.

Beer babe

TRIBE Member
Ya i totally get that. It's why I loved the books.

Wasn't hooked until Ned Stark died!

Maybe Rickon is the bittersweet "price we paid" and maybe this price was smaller than we may have come to expect given all the times Martin and the show took the wind out of our sails.

This won't be all that far off for the balance Martin himself was planning the strike in the books, in the major notes both stories will align, for the most part. And if you think about things like Ned and the fall of Winterfell, Red Wedding, all the peripheral affronts like the slaughter of all the Stark footmen in King's Landing, the death of nearly every direwolf, Hodor - I could go on, but maybe it's about time things aren't like, horribly bleak and upsetting.

Don't forget though we do have one more episode, plenty of time to cut us down a notch or two!
Yah I hear ya. I guess I love the grim aspects of the show. I love that my jaw full on drops at some scenes. Burning Shireen at the stake was the craziest thing ever!

rave jedi

TRIBE Member
Can't believe Cineplex is not airing the season finale this year. For the last 2 seasons they showed both Episodes 9 and 10 to fans in the movie theatre. This year there is absolutely no word on them broadcasting the finale. :( The last episode was absolutely epic and it truly would have been almost mindblowing to have been able to see that on the big screen. You suck CINEPLEX!!!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Can't believe Cineplex is not airing the season finale this year. For the last 2 seasons they showed both Episodes 9 and 10 to fans in the movie theatre. This year there is absolutely no word on them broadcasting the finale. :( The last episode was absolutely epic and it truly would have been almost mindblowing to have been able to see that on the big screen. You suck CINEPLEX!!!
You can probably blame Bell Canada which took over HBO Canada last November and who also have no idea how to operate HBO in Canada with lack of an online HBO only subscription service.