• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A dirty little thing

tEkKiD

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by technosnob
I really don't want to start a new topic here.

But I dont give out tracklists.

Sorry

new topic?

well sorry i don't download without credit where credit is due...unless you produced everything on this mix, i appologise , otherwise you should be ashamed....

ez.

roti

TRIBE Member
Toooo Hard

This mix is TOO hard for my ears:eek:

Tooo Loud and fast :rolleyes:

I prefer the minimal Shitzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

:D

Peace
RoTi

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

technosnob

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
new topic?

well sorry i don't download without credit where credit is due...unless you produced everything on this mix, i appologise , otherwise you should be ashamed....

ez.
No love lost. You probably wouldn't like it anyways;)

OhNo!

TRIBE Member
I really don't want to start a new topic here.

But I dont give out tracklists.

Sorry

ooooh,keep those shitty records a secret wouldn't want anyone else playing crap in this city too.

technosnob

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by OhNo!
ooooh,keep those shitty records a secret wouldn't want anyone else playing crap in this city too.

Wow. And people wonder about the state of the Techno scene in this city.

But, I'll keep playing my crap:)

Skipper

TRIBE Member
new topic?

ez.
I have to agree with Doug on this one. Give credit where credit is due...

and besides, why so secretive?

db

TRIBE Member

well sorry i don't download without credit where credit is due...

ez.
For arguments sake, are you saying then that you don't download sets from "the big guys" like Beyer, Corola, Sims, etc. unless they too are accompanied by set lists? I doubt it...

Technosnob: I've enjoyed your past sets you've linked here -- hard as hell and tight mixing. Currently downloading... :)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

ladd

TRIBE Member
sorry to be off topic here, but i kinda agree with this method by not posting a tracklisting.

it used to be exciting to get new tapes and cds (or downloaded sets) with no tracklisting, wondering where the sets going to go, and what that awesome track is.

everyone keeps releasing sets and whatever with tracklistings, and now I find i'm just skimming the tracks and hardly even listening to the sets anymore. (yeah i know, i could easily NOT look at the tracklisting, but thats not my point)

something about not having a tracklisting is secretive, and gives off some excitement to the listener.

but thats just one listeners opinion.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Shouldnt the credit be based on how well the DJ can hold a beat- and how well they can program and mix?

divell420

TRIBE Promoter
Funny cuz it's posted by TECHNOSNOB! :)
hehe
<insert ironing picture here>

The best tracks can still sound like shit in the hands of a lousy DJ, so a tracklist isn't everything. Since we were all warned that it's hard (really hard), is a tracklist necessary to confirm it?

/me downloads the mystery set :)

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by d.code
Shouldnt the credit be based on how well the DJ can hold a beat- and how well they can program and mix?
A dj using OTHER people's records to further his career or even if it's merely to give someone some enjoyment should always list a track list. Those producers depend on word of mouth to sell their records and -especially- these days need all the help they can get. A Dj not posting a tracklisting in my mind is pure disrespect.

I understand that maybe Mr. Technosnob wants to create some mystique by not posting his tracklist and that if he did post it he MAY get fewer downloads (out of snobbery on the lsteners behalf) BUT if he did post it he would know for sure that the people who did download it were genuinely interested in the set.

I've seeen people who post sets and then later on post a tracklist. That's seems to me like it's a good idea. You get the mystery and then the satisfaction after a few days. I checked technosnob's previous set posts though and he's right, he's NEVER given a tracklist on tribe, don't you think sir that the producers deserve a mention? I'd say it's about time.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

db

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by zoo
on the other hand, i rarely download sets before looking at a tracklisting first
I'd say this is an indication that you tend to be more interested in the producers work than what the DJ has done in the mix.

You may look at a track list and pass on downloading the mix thinking "meh...I don't like so-and-so's production work" but *totally* miss out on what the DJ has done in their role by programming and mixing the tracks into something interesting and new.

Granted if you've downloaded 5 mixes and they primarily use the same records I can see passing on a 6th mix with the same content, but I think passing on a mix because you're not hot about some of the tracks is short changing both yourself and the DJ.

Take Z-Trip and Radar's Live at the Future Primitive for example. We've all heard the songs in the mix a million times as we've grown up and in fact there's songs in there that I just plain wouldn't choose to listen to. If I had passed on buying the CD purely based on the tracks themselves man I would have missed out. :)

technosnob

TRIBE Member
I knew this was going to open up a can of worms.

I do what I do as a hobby (an expensive one), it's a hobby I had for 15+ years. I have not made a penny in those 15 years. I do it because I love it, that love has made me sit in front of a computer, dig through bins, and travel this globe looking for records. I learned what I know about music by myself and encourage other people to do the same, whether other people like or not.

I feel posting every track I play denies people from discovering this genre of music. Simply telling somebody the songs and tiltles is to me taking the easy way out.

If for example, You happen to like what I play and you go out play the same tracks, and then next person does the same and so on and so on, this music becomes stale real quick.

ON THE OTHER HAND, if you like what I play and it leads you on a path to find these tracks without my direction you might just discover some new sound you were completly unaware of.
HENCE MUSICAL GROWTH........

I don't like most of the artists and dj's commonly dicussed in this forum but I do listen to them just in case !!!!!

I find my own ways to promote my sets, sounds, and tracks and so do the artists and dj's who's music I play. I don't promote anyone, Ive bought there records and that keeps me content that I have done my part.

In fact, the style of techno I play is not something you will find at play de, 2thebeat, or any other record store in this city. I buy through mail order, that means the cost of the record. The shipping of the record and brokerage of that record. All that said I sure as hell have done my part.

My mixed sets are my own..take it or leave it

In fact use my CD as a coaster.....

They work great for that. :)

d.code

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by isoprax
A dj using OTHER people's records to further his career or even if it's merely to give someone some enjoyment should always list a track list. Those producers depend on word of mouth to sell their records and -especially- these days need all the help they can get. A Dj not posting a tracklisting in my mind is pure disrespect.

I respect that- thats why I always post a track listing. But credit shouldnt be based off of track listing- and how well the dj can mix.

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
It was a little too hard at points for me!?
Meaning, it was just pure pounding.. but lacking something.

Just needs a little more funk, but still great overall.

pr0nstar :D

erk

TRIBE Member
I always felt it was important to put a tracklist out. A sort of 'thank you' to the artists that made the music. Should anyone like a particular song/artist they can look for their stuff.
People don't bother you afterwards if you give them all the info. ;)

physix

TRIBE Member
agreed....

after the fourth pounding beat i was wondering
if there was anything else this had to offer.

it's good, no doubt... but maybe, just maybe,
you should broaden the scope of the mix, maybe?

but again, your style is your style.... and you don't
have to change b-c some old farts on a MB think you
should...

pr0nstar

TRIBE Member
Yes, but me saying it was a little too hard for me is not something you'd ever expect to hear from me :p

pr0nstar

erk

TRIBE Member
I tried while at a high speed access place:

This site has gone over its daily download limit

Oh well...

anx

TRIBE Member
i always post tracklistings on my mixes for a number of reasons.

im not into competing with any other dj's, so i dont give 2 shits if they own the same record as me.

all the artists who make the tracks i play get my respect, and if someone likes one of the tracks i play, hopefully they will go out and buy it (or try to find it at least) and support that artist.

plus if someone see's an artist(s)/track(s) on my mix that they like that would make them wanna download it....

i think its pretty selfish to keep your tracks hidden.

OhNo!

TRIBE Member

But, I'll keep playing my crap:)
yeah as if your attitude doesn't perpetuate the ongoing perception of techno heads.everyone cries about the sorry state of the scene,well maybe it has something to do with the fucked up attitudes of people like you.