• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A desperate plea to Tribe

Tearer

TRIBE Member
One of my all-time favourite bands is playing the Carson Daly show tonight, and alas, I do not have satellite.

If any of you fine feathered friends could find it in your signal-stealing hearts to tape Modest Mouse's performance tonight, I would be indebted to you in the ways of beer and/or manlove.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

Jennika

TRIBE Member
aww, it takes a girl to solve a man's lack of research

we get the station, I'll program the VCR for poor Tearer

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Tearer

TRIBE Member
^^^ Thanks for that dude - but my girl just uh, cleared things up...we can tape it on cable.

DAAAAAAMN!!

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
WHAT???

I have digital cable--what channel and when? I'm sorry I'm a non-TV watching jerk, I have no clue who Carson Daly is and thus what channel he might be on.

I MUST SEE THIS!!!

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Lysistrata
WHAT???

I have digital cable--what channel and when? I'm sorry I'm a non-TV watching jerk, I have no clue who Carson Daly is and thus what channel he might be on.

I MUST SEE THIS!!!

it's on channel 17 (for regular cable) at 1:30AM. I though you'd be interested

speaking of modest mouse, I never did get that CD from kodos :p

TaCk OnE?

TRIBE Member
last call with carson daily is the show that comes on directly after conan airs on channel 17

conan ends at about 130 I believe, carson is on directly after that.

conan is in tornoto for the first show tonight too!

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
I would have missed this entirely! I only came on here becuase I made a nice sweet dinner and then loverboy called to say he's working till the wee hours, and what was I to do but Tribe it up? It's lucky I even opened this thread, seeing as how it's not about sex or movies.

But the TV has been checked, the blank tape is in, know I just have to hope nad pray that I set hte VCR right. Maybe I'll stay up till Conan begins and physically start taping then.

Lysistrata

Well-Known TRIBEr
This Carson show is only half an hour long. I'm afraid that means they'll only do one song.

Tearer/Jennika: are there any MM specials or concert footage or anything I could look for to download?

squirrely

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jennika
plus he banged Jennifer love hewitt and Tara Reid

wait. does this earn him points? cuz i mean, they're both knobs as well but they are INFINITELY hotter than him....

Jennika

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by squirrely
wait. does this earn him points? cuz i mean, they're both knobs as well but they are INFINITELY hotter than him....

I think those two qualifications actually cancel each other out

so he's still a knob

Lysistrata, I'll get Tearer to answer your question for ya

squirrely

TRIBE Member
I think those two qualifications actually cancel each other out

so he's still a knob

however, if carson = a knob and tara + jennifer = knob + hotness, they are of greater value than Mr. Daly, correct?

therefore, by banging said hot knob chicks, he is in fact banging UPWARDS in life, making him less of a knob? yeah? no? shoot me.

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Check out this website - its fun.

modest mouse

As for their shows, big shrug here. I saw them at the Opera House in 2000 - they sometimes come to Toronto, but no show yet on this tour...

Jennika

TRIBE Member
however, if carson = a knob and tara + jennifer = knob + hotness, they are of greater value than Mr. Daly, correct?

therefore, by banging said hot knob chicks, he is in fact banging UPWARDS in life, making him less of a knob? yeah? no? shoot me.

hrumm,

but he got dumped by both of them, increasing his knob factor enough to delete the upgrade for banging hot-but-knob-chicks

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
however, if carson = a knob and tara + jennifer = knob + hotness,

Carson = knob (1)

tara + jennifer = knob + hotness
knob = (tara + jennifer) - hotness (2)

sub 2 for 1
Carson = (tara + jennifer) - hotness

sounds about right

Tearer

TRIBE Member
Modest Mouse fans are inevitably also Pixies fans, so check out the re-united Pixies opening gigs for this year's tour!

~From Pitchfork~

The Pixies will apparently play their first live gig in more than a decade in Bost-- wait. New York? Anaheim? Nope, make that Winnepeg, Manitoba on April 14th. Though undoubtedly more popular-- and indeed, heard of-- in populated areas, the reformed Pixies are blazing a decidedly road-less-traveled itinerary for their 12-date North American tour leading up to a headlining appearance at the Coachella Festival in Indio, CA on May 1st.

Most of the dates are in Canada-- giving Saskatchewan, Alberta and British Columbia multiple-night engagements, with a handful of off-the-beaten-path U.S. stops (Spokane, Boise, Eugene, Davis) on the road to Indio. Interestingly, the band has booked two nights at Vancouver's Commodore Ballroom, the infamous site of the Pixies' final two gigs in April 1992.

New Musical Express reports that two London shows, at Brixton Academy June 2nd and 3rd, sold out "within minutes" of going on sale last week. The Pixies reunion saga thus far:

04-14 Winnipeg, Manitoba - Burton Cummings Theatre
04-15 Regina, Saskatchewan - Doris Knight Ballroom
04-17 Saskatoon, Saskatchewan - Prairieland
04-18 Edmonton, Alberta - Red's
04-19 Calgary, Alberta - MacEwan Hall
04-21 Victoria, British Columbia - Victoria Curling Club
04-22 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom
04-23 Vancouver, British Columbia - Commodore Ballroom

squirrely

TRIBE Member
no probs, root-canal surgery and subsequest scotch consumption to numb the pain is my alibi ;)

my post asking you to shoot me will also help, i think, although similar proof didn't work for that crazy german guy....

p.s. i was wondering what your msn name meant. hope you're feeling better!

(and by "better" i mean "drunk.")