• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

a close friend suddenly passed away

depraved

TRIBE Member
I just got one of those "are you sitting down" phone calls. The brother of a close friend since high school (which I'm also a good friend of) just called to tell me his parents found Craig on Sunday evening when they went over for dinner. It looks like he passed suddenly of a massive heart attack. He leaves behind 2 beautiful little girls, ages 6 & 8. A single dad, he had sole custody.

The 3 of us got together a cpl of weekends ago for herbage (both are longtime "botanists"), PS3 & bbq. Who knew that would be our last meal together.

Life turns on a dime. If you were thinking of calling or getting together w/ a friend you haven't seen in awhile but have been meaning to get together w/, don't waste any time. There may be less time to do it than you think.

saskboy

TRIBE Member
Love Constant Beyond Death

Francisco de Quevedo

The final shadow that may close my eyes,
carry me off from the white of day,
unchaining my soul at the hour
of it's anxious obsequious desire:

but it will not leave the memory
of that other shore where once it burned,
for my fire can swim through the frigid water,
regardless of the strictures of law.

A soul which imprisoned an entire God,
veins that brought fuel to such flames,
marrow that so gloriously burned:

they will leave this body, but not its cares;
ash they'll be, yet still aware;
they will be dust, but dust in love.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

voytek

TRIBE Member
Not counting the family and close friends' family members, 6 people close to me passed away in the last decade. Your conclusion about not wasting time was not wasted on me either. I know how this shit feels and I feel for ya...

"I buried my friend the other day, and I looked at my life in a different way..."
-LOA

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

NemIsis

TRIBE Member
Sorry to hear. My deepest condolences. I've lost a few people lately and it's made me realize how important my friends and family are to me. It's sad that it takes events like this to give us a heads up. :( :(

ravinjunkie

TRIBE Member
depraved said:
Life turns on a dime. If you were thinking of calling or getting together w/ a friend you haven't seen in awhile but have been meaning to get together w/, don't waste any time. There may be less time to do it than you think.
very true. condolences from this side too, depraved.