1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

A budget surplus

Discussion in 'Politics (deprecated)' started by smack, Oct 14, 2005.

1. smack

smack TRIBE Member

Is it THAT hard for a government to find things to spend money on? Education? Health? Infastructure? You'd think so. But no, Alberta would rather give a $400 "resource bonus" to every Albertan. Why can't they take that money and use it wisely?

2. ~atp~

~atp~ TRIBE Member

Libertarianism.

3. wayne kenoff

wayne kenoff TRIBE Member

i think that idea fookin rules

4. docta seuss

docta seuss TRIBE Member

hehe..

5. akiras

akiras TRIBE Member

Because ultimately, it wins votes.

6. Agent Smith

Agent Smith TRIBE Member

I thought people were allowed to choose what they want to do with government money in a democracy.

7. smack

smack TRIBE Member

The strange part is its Ralph Klein's last term as premier, so its not like he's trying to win votes.

Well, since I started this thread Alberta announced that they plan to spend like 700 million in surplus money on healthcare so thats a step in the right direction.

Man, Alberta going to be freaking loaded with cash in the coming years from all the oil. Its going to be a good time to live here.

8. docta seuss

docta seuss TRIBE Member

he does have a party behind him you know..