• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A brand brand new picture thread. (with pics)

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
A nice sunset this past tuesday on Lake Huron (as viewed from Grand Bend)
8009226136_da0eb90626_o.jpg

is that a Romulin ship at right of center just below the clouds in the opening?

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

djfear

TRIBE Member
23ee9fca13c311e2b1d222000a1fb859_7.jpg

Just a goat chillin' out in the middle of the street in New Delhi's Chandi Chowk district.

Took this w/ my Galaxy Nexus. Probably should have put this in the amusing strange pic thread.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
I used to be pretty active in this thread but I haven't really picked up my dslr in awhile.. Infact, I sold my 50d since it was aging and now we've only got echo's rebelT2i in house.. which is a great camera, despite it's flaws.

My focus has shifted pretty dramatically towards video piloting. Hopped up flying wings (delta wings) with multiple cameras strapped to the things. You fly them through video goggles through a wireless downlink being sent from the aircraft. It may seem dorky on the surface, but it's really thrilling (easily surpassing 200km/h+) and there's a lot of skill involved beyond just the piloting. Nothing comes pre-built, so from assembling the aircraft to wiring all the electronics.. there's a lot to learn.

Anyways, Here's a few screengrabs from today's flights. We're having some rare clear weather here in Vancouver, so it's a great opportunity to fly.

farm4-2.jpg

farm5-2.jpg

speedpass.jpg

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Yeah.. it's pretty niche.. Still hanging out in legal grey areas.. all kinds of cowboy shit goin' on at the moment. Nice to be into something so unique. I still have yet to get my ham radio license in order to be fully legal using the frequencies i'm using.. but that's just a quick test I have to take. Gotta make more time to study. :)

Persephone

TRIBE Member
So, amateur aspiring hobby photographer here. Learning to use my camera at a very slow pace. However, I think I was in the right place at the right time yesterday. Would love feedback on this photo. Its actually a crop of the original. I was taking these photos with a shallow depth of field, which I think gave the out-of-focus grass bits a glowing effect.

IMG_2028-003.JPG

djfear

TRIBE Member
So, amateur aspiring hobby photographer here. Learning to use my camera at a very slow pace. However, I think I was in the right place at the right time yesterday. Would love feedback on this photo. Its actually a crop of the original. I was taking these photos with a shallow depth of field, which I think gave the out-of-focus grass bits a glowing effect.

IMG_2028-003.JPG

It's a nice photo!

For one like this, you can mess around with using a longer focal point, like 100mm or 200mm as that would give your background more bokeh (with a large aperture e.g. 2.8 or 5.6f). In this particular shot, it would have been cool if the sun was right on the main top part of the grass so it'd be more diffused. Also, if you're shooting into the sun you can always create a darker photo to keep the blow outs to a minimum.

Persephone

TRIBE Member
It's a nice photo!

For one like this, you can mess around with using a longer focal point, like 100mm or 200mm as that would give your background more bokeh (with a large aperture e.g. 2.8 or 5.6f). In this particular shot, it would have been cool if the sun was right on the main top part of the grass so it'd be more diffused. Also, if you're shooting into the sun you can always create a darker photo to keep the blow outs to a minimum.

I snapped several shots that day, and I snagged a few that had more diffuse light as you suggest. Similar to this:

IMG_2024-001.JPG

Getting a view a the top of the grass was hard for me because I'm short. This grass was at times a foot over my height!