• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A brand brand new picture thread. (with pics)

alexd

Administrator
Staff member
PosTMOd said:
If the next picture is alexd eating bacon and eggs for breakfast in a garden empty of that pig I'll be awfully sad.

would go nicely with the giant ostrich eggs:

not_vegan.jpg

juice

TRIBE Member
Christmas in Barbados

Anna and I Christmas eve dinner

n507759841_376665_5219.jpg

Boxing day party at the beach

n507759841_376666_5572.jpg

More boxing day

n507759841_376667_5904.jpg

Inland view of the island

n507759841_376670_7032.jpg

Heading down to the beach

n507759841_376674_8340.jpg

Winnie and Jack ... Great Dane / Bullmastiff mix ... they are only 9 months old here

n507759841_376676_8990.jpg

Old years night

n507759841_376684_1867.jpg

Brinney at the beach

n507759841_376690_3963.jpg

More beach

n507759841_376691_4284.jpg

And more

n507759841_376693_4931.jpg

juice

TRIBE Member
More beach

n507759841_376694_5313.jpg

North point

n507759841_376695_5627.jpg

n507759841_376703_8417.jpg

Creating a fighting ring for crabs

n507759841_376705_9114.jpg

They didn't end up doing much of anything

n507759841_376706_9454.jpg

Big waves at North point

n507759841_376709_560.jpg

n507759841_376712_1834.jpg

Sunset at North point

n507759841_376718_3829.jpg

n507759841_376720_4502.jpg

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
News to us, apparently taking your camera into the TTC subway systems (aside from being a giant no no) leads to being accused of planning terrorist bombings a la tribute to the London Metro bombings. According to the caretakers and train conductors cameras are a gateway to terror. Paranoid much?

Mind you if I was going to plan a terrorist bombing (which I'm definitely not in any way shape or form), I would probably do the following

A)pick a much more important and well travelled subway station.
B)would intelligently choose a much more discreet camera to use for taking planning photos.
C)Not be taking pictures of the wall.

2193197437_92471ae4a7.jpg

Next time I'll apply for a permit.

d.code

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:
News to us, apparently taking your camera into the TTC subway systems (aside from being a giant no no) leads to being accused of planning terrorist bombings a la tribute to the London Metro bombings. According to the caretakers and train conductors cameras are a gateway to terror. Paranoid much?

Mind you if I was going to plan a terrorist bombing (which I'm definitely not in any way shape or form), I would probably do the following

B)would intelligently choose a much more discreet camera to use for taking planning photos.

Taking photos on the TTC is a big no-no. They don't let you. I had a friend who tried to get away with doing a small fashion shoot on the subway and got caught and ended up paying a fairly hefty fine.

edit- I believe this was pre- omgz tehhoroh era too.

gasper

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:

You don't need a permit for non-commercial photography :) Next time you get accosted, tell them to better understand the bylaws.

Bylaw 16 section B which states, and I quote:

No person shall operate for commercial purposes any camera, video recording device, movie camera, or any similar device upon any vehicle or premises of the Commission without authorization.

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
gasper said:
You don't need a permit for non-commercial photography :) Next time you get accosted, tell them to better understand the bylaws.

Bylaw 16 section B which states, and I quote:

No person shall operate for commercial purposes any camera, video recording device, movie camera, or any similar device upon any vehicle or premises of the Commission without authorization.
I'll have to type that out and put it in my camera bag. I knew there wasn't really much they could do and they can't legally touch my physically or confiscate my private property but Keith and I decided to leave on our own accord and avoid the whole thing.

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:
I'll have to type that out and put it in my camera bag. I knew there wasn't really much they could do and they can't legally touch my physically or confiscate my private property but Keith and I decided to leave on our own accord and avoid the whole thing.

I think they're legally allowed to touch your swimsuit area.. but aside from that, everywhere else is off limits.

gasper

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:

Every subway car and station have the bylaws posted, so just drag the TTC emplyee over to one and point at it :)

Jeremy Jive

TRIBE Member
KiFe said:
I think they're legally allowed to touch your swimsuit area.. but aside from that, everywhere else is off limits.
What if I'm not wearing any trunks?

Thanks Jerrold. I'm almost tempted to do it just to prove a point.

billy

TRIBE Member
Jeremy Jive said:

it's a bit of a grey area with most TTC staff leaning on the "no photo" side. officially you are allowed to as long as it is not to be used for commercial purposes. it's hit and miss as far as if a staffer will let you go on this. (edit: as gasper pointed out)

what's been boggling my mind is this thing they have on the subway screens with some sort of exhibition of subway photos....taken by patrons!!! wft?? well how the hell are we supposed to get shots for this thing when the TTC goes all psycho on us when we take pictures?