• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

A brand brand new picture thread. (with pics)

MoFo

TRIBE Member
Like that confessional photo is a great example of my frustration. I set it to get that DOF on purpose.. But it's all so.. perfect... And slick looking..

Maybe it has to do with the grain as well and how we receive digital images vs. film images.

MoFo

TRIBE Member
gasper said:
Thanks for sharing this, mofo.

When I get a chance, I will post the ones from the funeral and viewing. Those should be interesting. It was really difficult to take photographs of your own grandfather's funeral, coffin and his empty nursing home room.. I had to take breaks for sure..

gasper

TRIBE Member
ndrwrld said:
the 4 people who live above me did the Confessional Booth.
great people...so talented.
1465348512_0d9f85c90b.jpg

Do you know Todd? Sookie?

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

sohaness

TRIBE Member
the DMZ separating north and south korea:
IMG_0016.jpg

a north korean commie bastard!
IMG_0031.jpg

myongdong market in seoul
IMG_0125.jpg

breaking in my new 5D!! yea baby!!
IMG_0066.jpg

gasper

TRIBE Member
sohaness said:
the DMZ separating north and south korea:
IMG_0016.jpg

a north korean commie bastard!

myongdong market in seoul

breaking in my new 5D!! yea baby!!

You should post more photos, more often. These are excellent!

sohaness

TRIBE Member
thanks guys!

gasper, love your photography as well!
i'll definitely post more shots. just havent had a chance to get on tribe too much since i moved to korea.

sohaness

TRIBE Member
thanks mofo. getting into north korea might be a tad difficult though. the only place you can go would be to pyongyang...and even then, everything you see is tightly controlled. you even have a tour guide with you for the whole trip. i'd love to go there, but its too expensive. a few thousand euro for like a 4 day trip! it is a pretty messed up place though. it would be an eye opener for sure!

steve.

gasper

TRIBE Member
I remember reading about travel to North Korea, thinking I'd like to do it. It doesn't take much digging to learn that it's near impossible.

sohaness

TRIBE Member
that's actually why they wear the sunglasses and stand with clenched fists...to intimidate the nork soldiers!

you'll also notice that one of the s.korean soldiers seems to be staring at the wall. he's not being punished ;) he's doing that so less of his body is exposed as a target.

Michlerish

Well-Known TRIBEr
Those pictures are beautiful, and also posted at an appropriate moment for me...

I just spoke to a North Korean refugee on Saturday, who escaped with his pregnant wife just last May 2007. His wife just gave birth 2 months ago.
The nonprofit organization I'm working with is working towards improving the lives of North Koreans in China, Canada, and subsequently, North Korea.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Bass-Invader said:
the south korean solders look so much more badass than the NK ones. it must be the sunglasses, or the sort-of-short pants.

It's actually intentional. It's meant to intimidate the North Koreans. The South Korean soldiers actually are trained in some crazy form of high level tae kwan do and that stance you see the South Korean solider doing against the building was designed to intimidate.

Bass-Invader

TRIBE Member
i knew a guy who was in the Korean army (i think service is mandatory). He was a very happy, pudgy friendly dude. Actually i think ^_^ is the best way to describe him.