• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

911 call leads to drug bust

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
911 call leads to massive drug bust
Jun. 27, 2006. 10:39 AM
LINDA NGUYEN
STAFF REPORTER

A man is facing drug charges after police stumbled on nearly $2 million worth of marijuana at an illegal grow-op in Brock, Ont.

Durham police officers were called to a home on Concession 14 in the township after they received reports of a robbery in progress.

When they got there, they found no one home, but noticed a “very strong smell of fresh marijuana.”

While waiting for a search warrant, a man returned to the home and blocked the door, said police.

Police forced themselves in and arrested the man.

More than 1,800 marijuana plants were seized along with growing equipment.

Leszek Lucarz, 48, faces two drug related charges and a charge of stealing hydro.

-----

I almost feel sorry for this guy. I mean fuck you leave to get a pack of smokes and maybe a case of beer you come home to police surrounding your grow op.

PosTMOd

Well-Known TRIBEr
This should obviously get tossed on a Charter violation.

Once you open the door on 911 calls leading to arrests such as in this case, then any idiot cop can just phone in 911 calls saying the address is any suspected home, and get arrests... bullshit.

djdeposit

TRIBE Member
PosTMOd said:

Once you open the door on 911 calls leading to arrests such as in this case, then any idiot cop can just phone in 911 calls saying the address is any suspected home, and get arrests... bullshit.

I agree.

Lurker

TRIBE Member
Wow, interesting thought, Postmod. I would agree with that too for sure.

Hopefully the defence lawyer picks up on that one too

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
PosTMOd said:

really good argument!

~atp~

TRIBE Member
So wait ... they were waiting for a search warrant on the home, but then decided to "force themselves in" to arrest the man? What prompted them to change their approach?

It seems like we're missing some details...