• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!
14K Cannabis seed slider pendants by tribe

9 to 5ers: How often do you call in sick from work?

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Use last year as an example?

I basically never call in sick. I've stayed home twice for half days, but I go in because I'm so used to being there. I dont know what to do with myself at home during hte week. Everyone else is pretty much working, and it seems like a waste of a day to stay home and lose a day that I can use for Vacation instead.

Adam

TRIBE Member
I've used about 5 sick days in my entire working life (8 years)

2 of them were hangovers, so they don't count.

As a rule, I tend to get sick on 3 or 4-day weekends. Last summer anyway.

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by finary
you can use sick days interchangably with vacation??? thats fucked...
yah.

I just got the Time Off form that tells me how many I have.

I carried over 9.75 days from last year. so I have 28.75 Sick/Vacation Days this year.

It's a pretty sweet deal. Makes sense too... why should I be penalyzed if I never get sick?

Tribe 14K gold cannabis seed slider pendant and chain

the_fornicator

TRIBE Member
fuck, last year I called in sick probably about 10 to 15 times.

not justifiable but there was this one guy at work who thought he was GOd but in actuality he is the world's biggest moron.

Anywho, everybody in our department noticed that he'd call in sick at least once every two weeks so we all got fed up with it cause our manager didn't realize what was going on (we couldn't tell our manager cause that other dude is hooked on his cock). He'd call in sick, come in the next day fine and try to boss us around.... so we got fed up.

So everybody in our department decided to call in sick at least once every two weeks. Then when it became an issue, we let our manager know and gave him shit for not paying attention.

heh. not the right way to go about it but the message was relayed in an effective manner.

edit: however, a lot of the time I would use my time in lieu as opposed to company time so it's my time I'm wasting... not the company's.

Ditto Much

TRIBE Member
Christ I've debated calling in sick twice this week alone and its only tuesday.

I normally just call in and leave a message saying how I can be reached and express my sincere appologies for not being well enough to come into work. Most of the time I'm actually sick enough to really not be concerned with what I'm going to do with my day.

Regularly calling in sick for me really means that i will be working from home though.

Eclectic

TRIBE Member
I call in once every 2 or 3 months.....mostly after a bender.

And my boss knows it when I call in.

The 26 ounce flu is an epidemic I tells ya!

Dirt Dawg

TRIBE Member
I call in only when sick. I had to for 2 periods of a couple of days as i got retarted sick.

Be sides that... I just go... but perhaps a bit late.

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
I was feelin kinda ill yesterday morning so I took the day off.. i was well enough to go to work,but why bother.
Then i got up today and figured it would look bad if i wasn't sick for a second day.
So here I am at home again :)

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Besides, my company gives us 10 days a year for personal illness. Why someone wouldn't just chalk them up to 10 extra vacation days for the year is beyond me.

PRIMAL

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by stir-fry
Besides, my company gives us 10 days a year for personal illness. Why someone wouldn't just chalk them up to 10 extra vacation days for the year is beyond me.
I couldn't agree more.

Mine gives us unlimited. They only question it with a request for a doctors note if it's 3 days in a row or more.

IgStar

TRIBE Member
I know not as much as I used too.

<--- being monitored now.

they had my absences written on a DRY ERASE BOARD for christs sake!

but yeah, they figured it was about once every 6-7 weeks I was off, and it seemed to always be a Tuesday? weird. my boss is way too observant for my own good.:(

Mike Richards

TRIBE Member
There are axctually agencies now that you can report personal attenance records to. Kinda like equifax for employment attendance. So if yopu have a crappy track record you may have trouble finding jobs in the future. Brilliant Idea IMO. It's very difficult to fire people for poor attendance so now you can just not even hire them from the get go!