• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

9 Coil Interviews on Brainwashed

nonlocal

TRIBE Member
I had initially considered framing this post with a brief bio or description of Coil; an entity I hold in very high esteem-- but I doubt I could say enough to convince the uninitiated to listen to many hours of scratchy old interviews; nor, perhaps, would there be much value in there for them. (Suffice it to say that if you don't know Coil, and you like techno, *I* think you should take steps to learn more...)

Anyway, for those interested, Brainwashed posted a bunch (9) of interviews with Jhonn and Peter from all sorts of time periods and speaking on all sorts of topics... I never managed to see a performance and it's wonderful to hear the artists talk more or less candidly about a canon that can be quite inscrutable in many ways...

Meh.

http://www.brainwashed.com/coil/main.html

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
disco hospital

nonlocal said:
Anyway, for those interested, Brainwashed posted a bunch (9) of interviews with Jhonn and Peter from all sorts of time periods and speaking on all sorts of topics... I never managed to see a performance and it's wonderful to hear the artists talk more or less candidly about a canon that can be quite inscrutable in many ways...
Thanks. I saw them (kind of) live at Mutek. On the whole, it was dissapointing, but there were some serious "moments" brewing about in the mix. Chris Twomey and I had our heads buried in a speaker and the scotch was flowin'... :)

I'm going to listen to these.. Since the passing of Jon I've been listening to ...and the Ambulence Died in his Arms and good ol' Love's Secret Domain a few times a week. I've spent so much time with so many Coil records over the years, they definitely built a serious mythos around them..

,g

gsnuff

TRIBE Promoter
nonlocal said:
I never managed to see a performance..
Get Black Antlers.
I think that iss as good as it gets re: coil live (well, as far as recordings go)

Sex with Sun Ra is worth the price of admission alone..

,g