• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

6.o.L.d.!.e. (fakkin 'ell)

patri©k

TRIBE Member
hold me tight.....

.... don't ever let me go.

*insert teh dirty monster, metallic bee buzz bass here*

fuck. he came with TUNES!!!!!!!!!!! That was a serious jam. five bucks and yeah... wtf! high energy tracks with crazy fucking basslines... one after the other!

a few of the tracks played in the early part of his set had a real 'oldskool rave' kind of sound... like the furious synths in 'James Brown is Dead'. NUTS! all I could do was just stand and bop my head... locked in with the bass and rolling drums.

I thoroughly enjoyed myself tonight. It was good seeing a bunch of old and familiar faces. Ryan & Ryan (ruck & rumble)... mr. palma (without his camera ..tsk tsk) .. the slidester ... stir-rhumba...

not too crazy about the new set-up.. seems very 'clinical'. The sound behind the booth was incredible. I spent the night jamming to the booth moniters... no MC to drone out the selections.

Goldie tore it up. for five bucks... that was a DEALIO!!!! I can only imagine the dirty tunes I'm missing right now. He's probably still throwing down.

*two thumbs up*

time for bed. fi raaaaaaaaaass.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by patri©k
hold me tight.....

.... don't ever let me go.

*insert teh dirty monster, metallic bee buzz bass here*

that was the high point of the set for me, hands down. was that what got the double rewind? (my memory's kinda fuzzy right now).
the rest of the set was like you said, though - dirty high energy big bass and chaotic drums every tune. which didn't get me into things - no real flow to the set.

and i'm assuming (hoping) the new system setup is quite temporary - feels like a makeshift solution til they finish the renovations. we shall see.

alright night, lots of people out and happy to be seeing a legend for five bucks, but in truth i wasn't too blown away.
maybe i'm too old for stormer after stormer on a wednesday night!

stir-fry

TRIBE Member
Re: Re: 6.o.L.d.!.e. (fakkin 'ell)

Originally posted by feisty boy
that was the high point of the set for me, hands down. was that what got the double rewind? (my memory's kinda fuzzy right now).

I'm not sure if he rewound the Up All night rmx twice, but he did bring back the Tears rmx twice! that tune is fucking DISGUSTING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big up goldie.. i was totally into that set.. i fucking love that metalheadz sound.
in my humble opinion, he fucking RINSED that dancehall clean last night!!!

*dryhumps desk*

fuck.. 4 hours sleep and a migraine to boot.. i'm dying over here!

lucky1

TRIBE Member
Tribers were there....

And I missed them again!!!

I was at the front row as per usual. Next time we should meet up b4 hand and have some drinks before hitting the jam. ;)

That was definatley the best 5 dollars I've ever spent for a party. So worth it! The set up is a little sketching, with the bars along the south side ripped out, and the extra room being the front entry way. One question though.... why would you be listening to locals play hip hop (no offense) when Goldie was tearing it up in the next room?!:confused: :p

Goldie did not disapoint. The sound was great, I liked the fact that for once the mc was not blasting out the monitor. So being right at the front we heard all the tunes as they should be heard. Up all night.... John B.... Yeah I love hearing this song, and as Goldie was playing it he'd break into impromptu dance moves. Loved hearing some of the old sounds played right. Brings back good feelings.

For those who didn't go you definately missed some fun.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Hands down one of my top 5 all time favourite DnB sets. There was not a single low point last night. Start off with $5 cover for a HUGE U.K. headliner, follow that with cheap drinks and good friends and end it with stellar sound (behind the booth, which drown out the MC's entirely) and some of the HUGEST, DIRTIEST TUNES dropped in one night. Goldie killed it and then some...the end.

Dan

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kul-kat

TRIBE Member
i took a nap last night, and was called to be woken up at 10:30 pm. i was SO close to just going back to bed and sleeping the night away. holy fuck am i ever glad i got my ass outta bed.

i think i recognized less than 5 tracks last night, and something like 4 of them were remixes. dirtiness!!!!!!!!! however, feisty boy, i know what you mean when you say their was no real flow to the set. it was probably due to all the rewinds.

regardless, this night was tons of fun and definitely worth losing sleep over.

Access

TRIBE Member
Goldie played a solid set.

But the sound was terrible. The bass was not on at all. I was beside that wall of speakers on the side near the washroom and they weren't even on! (or on a very low volume). It was all highs and mids all night long. Hope the sound changes when the rennovations are complete.

Can't blame Goldie though he and MC Armanni played a great set. Enjoyable and worth the $5 cover definately

lucky1

TRIBE Member
so it seems sounds was not evenly distributed.... That sucks.

All the more reasons to come and hang with me at the front. The sound is usually good up there.

patri©k

TRIBE Member
I forgot to mention...

on our way out... we stopped to listen to 3rd Bass' 'gasface' in the hip hop room...

god that tune brought back memories...

Black cat is bad luck, bad guys wear black
Musta been a white guy who started all that
(Make the Gas Face!) For those little white lies
My expression to the mountainous blue eyes

nice.

--[Zirca]--

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by Access
Goldie played a solid set.

But the sound was terrible.

It was fine behind the booth, but I agree, the sound towards the back was rreeeeaaal bad. Very distorted = headache

On a side note, System looks pretty ghetto right now being in half renovation mode. I guess there won't be a big unveiling. :p

Dan

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by --[Zirca]--

On a side note, System looks pretty ghetto right now being in half renovation mode. I guess there won't be a big unveiling. :p

Dan

i'd look around, and feel like i was in some big ol' houseparty in someone's garage or basement! exposed drywall, dark lighting, bottle o cheap canadian beer in my hand...

i'm interested to see what they've got planned for the place though.

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
That was Ill!!
never mind it was 5 dollars.
At least once it was praupahh Jungle and not stepped out Cliche' sell out dance shit.

RESPECT and one of the best times I have had in years.

Wow and that was a Wednesday to.

:D

case sensitive

TRIBE Member
This was my first time at System in about a year and a half and the changes were a little overwhelming at first. I was really liking the hip-hop room. Great tunes, nice and cool, and plenty of room to dance. But of course, the main room with Goldie was the center of attention and my destination for the majority of the evening.

I was really surprized to see the club that packed on a Wednesday and finding a place with some breathing room was an issue as we navigated our way through the lively crowd. Finally we found a spot at the back of the club and settled into some $2.50 drinks as the man of the evening laid into some serious dance floor rocking tunes. I very rarely go out of my way to listen to jungle, but with a DJ of this calibre laying it down you really have to take the opportunity.

The biggest challenge of the evening was probably finding the DJ booth after being so used to the old setup :)

matt

terrawrist III

TRIBE Member
man...a lot of praise here...

I bet he's good in the sack too

bjork.jpg

"oh goldie...that feels SO good on my back, all warm and shit"

yes I'm THAT bored right now:D

Neo-Marxist

TRIBE Member
Are tapes of this event going to be made available? I remember tapes were always available after every event way back in the day. Sigh.