• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

6' 6" Brand New DVI Male/Male Video Cable

juice

TRIBE Member
Brand new Male/Male 6 foot 6 inch DVI-D Monitor Cable for Digital Video Interface Monitors with gold pins. The 10' version retails for $103.50 at Future Shop and other stores (I can't find a weblink for the 6'6" version). I'm selling this off at $45. It can be picked up downtown at Church and Dundas. If you have any additional questions please let me know.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

KiFe

TRIBE Member
Why are you selling it?

will male male work from a graphics card to a monitor?

or do you need male/fem?

ill check out my hardware when i get home... if it's compatible... ill take it.

juice

TRIBE Member
Yeah I have one from my graphics card to my LG digital LCD monitor (male to male) so it should work just fine.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

KiFe

TRIBE Member
sorry.. thought my monitor had a DVI in... it doesnt.

and until i get a dvd player with a dvi output, i dont think ill need it.

thanks.

juice

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by daddyiwantchocolate
You lost me at DVI-D Monitor Cable.
It's a cable for a digital monitor that has two male ends (what we in the industry call a gay cable). The male ends are the ones with the pins sticking out (like a penis) the female cables are the ones with the holes in them (like a vagina). So this male/male cable gets converted into working for the other team when it is inserted into the female end on the monitor as well as the female end on your video card.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

juice

TRIBE Member
*bump*

Also including some more information as a few people don't seem to be quite sure through their PM's as to what this is:

DVI (Digital Visual Interface) is the standard interface for high-performance connection between your PC's video card, and Flat Panel Displays, Digital CRT Displays, Projectors, and HDTV.

DVI-D Digital Cables deliver the high-performance, high-bandwidth interface needed for video displays of today while leaving headroom for the products of tomorrow. These precision-engineered cables are fully compliant with the DVI standard defined by DDWG (Digital Display Working Group). The DVI-D Single link configuration provides enough bandwidth for resolutions up to 1920 x 1080 at 60 Hz (HDTV).

Features:

Resolutions up to 1920 x 1080, at a 60-Hz refresh rate

Gold plated copper contacts provide maximum conductivity with no data loss

End connectors are DVI-D 19-pin Male to DVI-D 19-pin Male

Performance-High Speed Digital Data Transmission delivers the signal faster and stronger than a standard monitor cable

Compatible with Flat Panel Displays, Digital CRT Displays,

Projectors, and HDTV

Simplicity, Quick, Hot Plug Detection

PC and Mac compatible

Compatible with virtually any digital flat panel, liquid crystal display

Supports hot plugging of DVI display devices

DVI supports digital displays