• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

5-htp?

scott

TRIBE Member
Anyone use this?
A friend of mine just called me all excited cuz he just discovered it. He took 2 and feels great.
Sounds to me like a natural ecstacy almost. Supposedly raises your seratonin levels with no after effects.

I just went to the health store downstairs at grabbed a bottle of 60 for $15.99. Took 2 and waiting.

I have the roughest time getting to sleep on Sunday nights. I just lie there and my mind races. Hopefully this'll be the end of that.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

scott

TRIBE Member
Aphrodite said:
are we talking after a party on sunday *wink* or just on any given night trying to sleep type thing?

Well I gave up drugs for the most part so it's not really that.

But I tend to drink A LOT on weekends and spend waaay too much money so when Sopranos ends on Sunday nights, I'm like "I want to end my life. I'm a disgrace of a human being, etc."

So I lie in bed and think about the week that looms ahead as well as all the money I spent and possibly stupid things I may have done during the weekend.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

The Watcher

TRIBE Member
Lime to the Time and the whine of where the seach button and AHHHHHHH

If this doesn't make sense, ... I DONT CARE<!$@34 12iug3rofwehbk

Kinger

TRIBE Member
scott said:

But I tend to drink A LOT on weekends and spend waaay too much money so when Sopranos ends on Sunday nights, I'm like "I want to end my life. I'm a disgrace of a human being, etc."

So I lie in bed and think about the week that looms ahead as well as all the money I spent and possibly stupid things I may have done during the weekend.

It's good to get home from the CoZo on a Sunday night and watch Intervention. It makes all that stuff that went up your nose seem like nothing.

scott

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
It's good to get home from the CoZo on a Sunday night and watch Intervention. It makes all that stuff that went up your nose seem like nothing.

Ahaha...I do that...minus The Comfort Zone.

Sorry Watcher.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
scott said:

Perhaps AA?

solacevip

TRIBE Promoter
http://www.dancesafe.org/slideshow/slide17.html

from the page:

Your serotonin brain cells produce serotonin when an amino acid called 5-Hydroxy-Tryptophan (5-htp) enters the cell and comes into contact with an enzyme called decarboxylese. The 5-htp enters the cell directly through the cell's membrane. It does not have to go through the reuptake transporters, the way previously-released serotonin must. Once in the axon, decarboxylase turns the 5-htp into serotonin, where it enters the vesicles (the vesicles are not shown in this diagram). In other words, after the serotonin is made inside the cell, it moves to the terminal where it is stored in the vesicles ready to be released into the synapse when the time comes.

There's usually plenty of decarboxylase in your cells, but the amount of 5-htp you have can vary depending on your diet. 5-htp is synthesized in your body from another amino acid called tryptophan, which is contained in many foods. A diet high in tryptophan-containing proteins can increase the amount of 5-htp in your brain, and thus help your brain build serotonin more quickly.

Normally it takes a long time for your brain to build serotonin. Why? One reason is that tryptophan must go through a number of metabolic changes before it is turned into 5-htp. Another reason is simply that your brain was not made to make serotonin very quickly. Normally, it doesn't need to, because serotonin is not usually released in very large quantities. As a comparison, dopamine is released in larger quantities under normal circumstances, and your brain is thus built to replenish dopamine much more quickly. Researchers say that the dopamine system is "robust" in this sense, while the serotonin system is "delicate."

Some ecstasy users take 5-htp supplements to restore their depleted serotonin levels more quickly. For information on using 5-htp in this way, see our page on general health and safety.)

Subsonic Chronic

TRIBE Member
scott said:

Maybe you should cut back on the drinking?

I dunno... seems like a logical first step.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Subsonic Chronic said:
Maybe you should cut back on the drinking?

I dunno... seems like a logical first step.

My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps you are not sleeping well because you are not happy with yourself and your drinking problem. I am not trying to make you feel bad..just stating the obvious.

When you feel better about things, you are more likely to sleep like a baby.

Kinger

TRIBE Member
geminigirl said:
My thoughts exactly.

Perhaps you are not sleeping well because you are not happy with yourself and your drinking problem. I am not trying to make you feel bad..just stating the obvious.

When you feel better about things, you are more likely to sleep like a baby.

Ha ha. Tribers giving personal advice.

Do the opposite of whatever they say. You don't want to be like them.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
Ha ha. Tribers giving personal advice.

Do the opposite of whatever they say. You don't want to be like them.

Hey that's what tribe is for.;)

Be careful Scott or you may turn out like Kinger and live at the Zone with no shirt on and date strippers.

( I am one to talk, I spent 4 years myself partying at the zone)

scott

TRIBE Member
geminigirl said:
Hey that's what tribe is for.;)

Be careful Scott or you may turn out like Kinger and live at the Zone with no shirt on and date strippers.

( I am one to talk, I spent 4 years myself partying at the zone)

Luckily my "Zone phase" lasted only a couple months. Kinger seems like quite the seasoned vet. I dunno if I should salute you for that or pity you.

geminigirl

TRIBE Member
Kinger said:
Oh yeah I forgot how guys hate strippers.

But I think you like them a little more then your average guy.;)

Ps. Kinger I am only playing with you. Don't take any offence to my words.

Back in my Zone days, I would have partied with you for sure.