• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

4 beat mixes suck!

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
so any one of you who do..... I'm gonna Boo ya! Stewart D style.

Ride your mix! RIDE IT! FUCKING RIDE AND FUCK PPL UP AND MAKE THEM GO CRAZY!

lets see some talent! Lets see some ability. Lets see alittle rick james in the mix, or cameo or prince or something...... make it different.

but atleast.... NO 4 BEAT MIXES!

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
I think you've been around long enough to realize not all music is something that should be ridden out for as long as possible. Timing is almost everything, as long as something's brought in at a time which doesnt seem too early or late and brought out in the same fashion then I'm usually a happy person. Length of the mix I could care less about. Sure sometimes it sounds better to keep the mix going (into the infamous 3rd record territory) but if it doesnt need to be, it shouldnt be.

word

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
What's a FOUR beat mix??

Is that when you cut out the old record in within four beats of introducing the new one??......

Just play man.....just play. Too much of the "you suck I'm better" attitude lately. Different strokes for different folks.

Ask Doug and HIS RED SOCK!!.......

:p

vveerrgg

TRIBE Promoter
true true Trevor, there are times when a mix needs to be just the right length. I totally agree. listening to your set yesterday was a pleasure.... and that's not what got me going.....

but when I was listening to that Godfather set.... he was cheaping out on so many mixes. I mean it IS booty, but some of the mixes were so cheap.

then the guy who had his show after yours. the first bunch of mixes were still so cheap. he got better.... and the tracks were okay... but still the mixes kinda were more like poorly executed cuts. not CUTS like cut to the next record.... with purpose cuts.

Then today I was reading the Franky Bones thread and it all kinda hit me. the 4 beat mix is cheap.

okay i won't boo.... but it is a cheap way of mixing.... true every mix has it's way, and some tracks demand a shorter mix then others.......

but flow is flow... and it's hard to feel the flow on a short mix.

isoprax

TRIBE Promoter
If it's done at the expense of the music/track playing then I agree with you. It'll sound sloppy. I pretty much agreed with the original post I just wanted to clarify points so this doesnt turn into another of those 4 page rants about this and that ;)

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg

lets see some talent! Lets see some ability. Lets see alittle rick james in the mix, or cameo or prince or something...... make it different.

I don't think I understand this riding a mix style.

:confused:

Humanjava

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by vveerrgg

How about my famous one beat mix....

:p

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders