• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2TheBeat 2YearAniversary...

Jonesy

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by tEkKiD
oh boy, look at mr. tough man.... anytime you wanna toss some threats to my crew you'll have to run through myself.

i'm friends with both sides here Lee, you certainly crossed the line , threatning someone. He never once put the party down, you're reading inbetween lines that you want to.

name the time and place?

sounds pretty gradeschool to me oddmyth, why no mention?
sorry buddy, but there's not much to read into in regards to the disgusting, demeaning, disrespectful and ignorant bullshit BH spewed out at me.

Your girlfiriend must be lucky to have a guy who wouldn't dare stand up for her if she were the recipient of such disgust.

Buddy Holly

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by Jonesy
sorry buddy, but there's not much to read into in regards to the disgusting, demeaning, disrespectful and ignorant bullshit BH spewed out at me.

Your girlfiriend must be lucky to have a guy who wouldn't dare stand up for her if she were the recipient of such disgust.
For a person who wants to keep the thread positive you are really contradicting yourself. I didn't spew anything out that wasn't first directed at me. Like others have said I didn't thrash the party, "Roid-boy" got all fired up and shot some words my way. Whatever, this can go on forever, just let it go.

I AM GLAD THE PARTY ROCKED. CONGRATS 2THEBEAT!!!!!.

I think I've said it what, 5 times now. But you like to chip away at nothing and create something out of it. How am I supposed to know you're a female. Your name is so ambiguous. Did I know you had a relation with "Roid-boy"??? NO, so don't use it as ammo. You want to tell people to fuck off in a review thread then expect some backlash. I don't know why all the "hatred" is directed at me, there are several other people who claimed they didn't have a good time and not once did I say bad things about the party. I think you have some underlying issues there. Why you chose to pick a battle with me, eludes me. If Pokerface wants something then he should be prepared for it.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
So, anyways........

I would like to thank Brian and everyone else who has made 2 The Beat the #1 record store in the country for proper techno. ;) Congrats.

As for the party, it was simply unreal!!! 800 person guestlist!!! Wow, incredible. Brian you really now how to give back to the fuckin community. System has never, ever sounded better. I'm really impressed that they've finally got their shit together. I only had to use the earplugs a handfull of times compared to having them in the whole night! All the Dj's were on point. D.A.V.E. was wicked. He had me jumpin' around on the dancefloor like, as Krzysztof put it, a "jumping hampster" :eek:

Awesome to meet and see a lot new and old people. Like the Newfie...I mean Newbie from Peterborough... I hope that Jordan from Saskatoon had a awesome time. Looked like you were enjoying yourself. So many others....

Techno has a bright future in Toronto and Brian has soooo much to do with it. Thanks buddy for that and the last call beer that you handed to me....sweet!

Oh and the party actually wasn't a 'sausage party'. All the women were halfway back in the room going mental with the tamer guys. Less stinky guys too. yowzers.

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

ian

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by mingster
me too! :D

thanks for the nice words you guys. i feel really good too. :)
I've got some snaps of the "hot woman" in question from Sunday night at IV whiich I will upload on promise of favours. . . .

MiXX iT uP

This is the first time I've ever posted a review and it's all for you Brian ... well, you and the rest of the 2 The Beat staff and the DJs you brought in to play on Friday night.

First of all WELL FREAKIN' DONE ... and second of all HAPPY ANNIVERSARY! :)

It's not too often that I go out anymore, so when I do, I want to make sure it's worth it ... and holy crap was this ever worth it.
Not only was the music amazing ... ALL OF IT ... but I got to see soooo many people that I haven't seen in forever.
Josh, I see you often enough so you don't count (jokes) ... but Daws, Carm, Cy, Ev, Turtle, Ambrish, Will, Billie, Meric and whoever else I've forgotten to mention - IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU ALL.

Techno is not usually my first preference, but if I know it's going to be a good time, then I'm totally game for it ... and thanks to the new system at system not killing my ears, I was there noddin' my head until just after 4am. And, if I closed my eyes for long enough and really listened to the music, I could almost convince myself it was 4-5 years ago and I was at a rave ... ahhh, the memories.

Anyways, CONGRATS Brian and I can't wait for round 2! :)

dj Red Turtle

TRIBE Promoter
God what a night. As soon as I stepped foot into System I knew this was going to be a PARTY! Smiling faces everywhere. The place was rammed! Then everything became a blur... One minute I'm chatting away with some buds, then the next I'm playing records. Flash forward a bit more I dancing in the main room to some dirty techno! The place was still rocking when I left. Fun times indeed.

*flashes 2 fingers*
2thebeat 4ever

ebin stylez

TRIBE Member
that was my first time back at system in awhile...glad that i chose this night to head out! :D seemingly back to the old vibe.
Jelo rocked the place...had my ass shake shake shakin! Didn't get to stick around for much of DTD's set...but it started out propa!

Noiiiiiiice one brotha!:cool:

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Had a wicked time!!!!

Set of the night goes to Jelo.....who IMO destroyed Dave the drummer :p ...although totally different in style, i wasnt really feeling what Dave was pushing out...i think jelo raised the bar a little too high for Mr. Drummer ;) Also, i though he was doing a LIVE PA? i left half way through his set, but while i was there he was spinning records...:confused: ....anyone want to confirm?

Who was spinning the front room around 11pm??? The dude was fuckin' rocking it!!!

All in all, its was good to see alot of faces a havent seen in a while...and the party was fuckin' off the hook. Respect to Brian and his lovely lady for pulling off a very awesome and successful night!!! 10/10

:cool:

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Retro

Good times!

D.a.v.e., Jelo, Lee, Turtle and Dublin all killed it.

Congrats Brian and the @ The Beat Crew, here's to the next 2 years of feeding vinyl addictions.

Tekno-Bot

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by hysterical
All in all, its was good to see alot of faces a havent seen in a while...and the party was fuckin' off the hook. Respect to Brian and his lovely lady for pulling off a very awesome and successful night!!! 10/10

:cool:

^^^^^ Yes it's all about Brian's lovely lady. ;) :p System Sounbar was the place to be this night I had a fantastic time. Not much more I can say that hasn't been said already, 2 The Beat should throw more events.:cool:

Cheers!

Omari Taylor

veteze

TRIBE Promoter
Originally posted by mikeryan
Holy shit. It's a cock fest! Is there a single girl in there?!?

--r
Alright. I see a couple now... But still... It's a cock fest. Where's Waldo!!!?

:)

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

litespeed

Well-Known TRIBEr
there were actually tonnes of cuties in the house... guess they dind't feel brave enough to venture into the man sea up front. ;)

soulmantra

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by hysterical
Also, i thought he was doing a LIVE PA? i left half way through his set, but while i was there he was spinning records...:confused: ....anyone want to confirm?
ya he played a live set for approximately 66 minutes and filled in the rest by mixing records* seemlessly throughout his LIVE PA.

* his own i believe but no 100% sure about all of 'em.

and was it just me or did ONE NIGHT IN HACKNEY go over like gangbangers?!? just awesome.

~decepticon~

TRIBE Promoter
D.A.V.E The Drummer's set was recorded and will be on my "Frequencies" radio show on 1groove.com this week, for all that missed our great anniversary.

cheers
Matt Dublin

hysterical

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev
there were actually tonnes of cuties in the house... guess they dind't feel brave enough to venture into the man sea up front. ;)
Wrong.

During Jelo's set and who ever was spinning before him...there was alot of girls front row and center.......

Those are pics from DAVES set probally.

Skipper

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ~decepticon~
D.A.V.E The Drummer's set was recorded and will be on my "Frequencies" radio show on 1groove.com this week, for all that missed our great anniversary.

cheers
Matt Dublin
!!

what time is that?

edit: it's streaming radio, isnt it? nevermind...

ebin stylez

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by ev

i conquered the man sea for about ten minutes..and then seriously ejected myself outta there......scary :eek:

Poot

TRIBE Member
Brian,

Couldn't make it out to this one, but a huge congrats to you & the crew on the anniversary, and wishing you many many more years of continued success. :)