• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

2019/ 2020 Leafs

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
Leafs are in severe FUBAR LAND.
I'm not watching them until they're at least in a wild card spot.
fuck Sportsnet, TSN, and MLSE.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
From the Marlies' games I've seen the past few years their special teams should be better under Keefe. His style won't fix their defensive woes, but it may help them outscore teams. Not saying it'll be wide open style but I think under Babcock the team was being held back.

kennyboy

TRIBE Member
Just a few random thoughts as I watch tonight’s game.

Matthews is as soft as a marshmallow at the Canada Day BBQ. How about you play 2 way hockey and use your size.

Willy N, time to earn those $$$$$ and learn how to get back on D when you don have the puck.

No back up goalie and Freddy can’t carry all the weight every game.

D is soft which goes to above point.

And without Mitch, this team has no hope. They are not even close to being a Stanley Cup contender and it’s hard to even watch them on most nights.

So go Leafs go, but even with a new coach, there is something that is missing in this organization. And it makes it hard to be a fan.

End of rant.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
If they had decent D, Anderson and backup, wouln't have such a hard time.
Leafs have needed a solid D man for years.
They went offence.. That's not enough.

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
i haven't been sold on our defense for years ( a decade ? )
Dubas spent a shitload on offense, but...look. I don't see it.
you win games by putting the puck in the net, but you hold leads with a solid D. We don't have that...at all. I'd rate our defense, out of 10, at about a 5.
Andersen...meh. Defense would help him. i don't see him being in net when we win a Cup.

.500 team, at best.
i don't need to convince you about anything.

Bernnie Federko

TRIBE Member
i haven't been sold on our defense for years ( a decade ? )
Dubas spent a shitload on offense, but...look. I don't see it.
you win games by putting the puck in the net, but you hold leads with a solid D. We don't have that...at all. I'd rate our defense, out of 10, at about a 5.
Andersen...meh. Defense would help him. i don't see him being in net when we win a Cup.

.500 team, at best.
i don't need to convince you about anything.
Reilly, Dermott, Barrie and Ceci can't do it. IMHO. Need that shut down guy.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
anyone else think Dubas will be gone if the Leafs don't make the playoffs ?
No chance of that happening, at least not this year.

I still believe their defencemen are good enough, but their team defence (forwards included) needs to be better. The reason for their slump the past 15 games has been their scoring and special teams though. Their top guns haven't played well this season. Taveres bad start to the year, but playing better lately. Mitch has been out. Matthews atrocious defensively. Willy has been pretty good.