1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

2017 TFC/MLS thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by ndrwrld, Mar 5, 2017.

1. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Giovinco should aim right from time to time. Duh. This is why we can't win things !

2. praktik

praktik TRIBE Member

Can't wait to catch me some Schweinsteiger

3. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Something seems definitely off so far this year, but still far too early to panic.

The arrival of Bastien to Chicago has lit a fire under them (pun intended).

If I stick around the city this weekend I think I'll go to the game Friday evening

4. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

Mid August and not only are we top of the league, but we're the class of the league.

Something bizarre is going on with the Western Conference, where every team is at best mediocre so far (Houston maybe being a slight exception).

Big game against Bastien and the Chicago Fire on Saturday!

5. tobywan

tobywan TRIBE Member

6. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

that was as good as an outcome against Columbus that we could have hoped for. That could have easily been a 3-0 loss.

7. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Talk about sitting back, TFC made NO effort in going forward at all.

8. Variant

Variant TRIBE Member

They played a 5-3-2 and didn't have Giovinco or Altidore so yeah, most everyone expected that priority number 1 was to get the clean sheet. Scoring was secondary. Mission accomplished. In terms of taking possession and impetus away from Columbus the game plan worked terrifically. Ricketts is a great sub but can't cut it as a starter which was evident. Vasquez had him and Osorio to work with. Good luck with that.

9. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

that was not pretty.
    Gotta play better against Seattle.

10. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

Are we going to go to a TFC game together again ndrwlrd? Best times.

11. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

Sure. Grab 2 tickets to the Final. You're buying. I'll cover the beer. Consider it my birthday present...from Tribe !

12. JamesM

JamesM TRIBE Member

ha. maybe a regular season game.

13. ndrwrld

ndrwrld TRIBE Member

FUCK YEAH let's do this.
    3-2 OT win by TFC !