• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2016 TFC/MLS thread

Variant

TRIBE Member
Huge props to Bezbatchenko. We went from having the worst d in the league to the best. We only needed to become average on d to make a deeper run in the playoffs. Now were one of the most balanced sides in the league with a run at the MLS cup as a real possibility this season. All off season signings have made an impact and even Altidore is running off the ball. This year we definitely have a different feel about the club and with the new stadium it's all setup for something big.

Alex D. from TRIBE on Utility Room

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I liked what I saw even on the loss on the road to Portland. They look and feel more like an actual unified team instead of a smattering of quality players heavily interspersed with garbage.

I hope this signals a new beginning for us and that we pull through, but being a Toronto team I remain skeptical. We've certainly made acquisitions that are in the right direction, but I don't think it's fair to suggest they're MLS Cup winning material yet. It's a long season and there's lots that can happen in that time. I mean, just look what happened to Leicester City. Who would have called that one? ;)

Variant

TRIBE Member
I'd disagree. I think they have all the pieces they need. They have the keeper, they have the defence and the defensive mids. They have 3 designated players who are all in their prime (under 30), not aging stars like NYC FC. They have the best offensive player in the league and the spine of the team (Giovinco, Bradley, Johnson and Moor) is strong. They have a bad playoff experience to motivate them and above all they have balance to the squad, finally. They aren't playing anyone that's a glaring weak link like Lovitz or Dero like last year. They don't have balanced scoring or the right coach imo but the former should work itself out and the latter isn't going to change any time soon. I don't see another side in the East that looks head and shoulders above what the TFC are right now. They have the best defensive record and have only played 1 home game. I say this is it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
I'd disagree. I think they have all the pieces they need. They have the keeper, they have the defence and the defensive mids. They have 3 designated players who are all in their prime (under 30), not aging stars like NYC FC. They have the best offensive player in the league and the spine of the team (Giovinco, Bradley, Johnson and Moor) is strong. They have a bad playoff experience to motivate them and above all they have balance to the squad, finally. They aren't playing anyone that's a glaring weak link like Lovitz or Dero like last year. They don't have balanced scoring or the right coach imo but the former should work itself out and the latter isn't going to change any time soon. I don't see another side in the East that looks head and shoulders above what the TFC are right now. They have the best defensive record and have only played 1 home game. I say this is it.

I say you're an absolute loon for calling it this early in the season. All it takes is a few injuries here and there, some international duty, etc. and it's back to square one.

Talk to me when playoffs are rounding the bend and we'll see where we're at.

silver1

TRIBE Member
If anyone happens to have a decent hookup for tickets (outside of the stubhub/kijiji route) please let me know as I'm looking for a pair for the June 18th game. I want to take my son to his first game for Father's Day.

Variant

TRIBE Member
I say you're an absolute loon for calling it this early in the season. All it takes is a few injuries here and there, some international duty, etc. and it's back to square one.

I'm not saying they're going to win it, I'm saying they don't need any more pieces (for the first time in the clubs history). The ceiling for this year looks to be the final whereas going into the year it was likely just a deeper run than last year.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
If anyone is looking for tickets to this weekends match someone in my section is selling theirs I can check into the cost for you if needed

section 110 row 25 if I am not mistaken and also not it is a supporters sections so there maybe seats but everyone stands

email me slothiel at gmail

praktik

TRIBE Member
If anyone happens to have a decent hookup for tickets (outside of the stubhub/kijiji route) please let me know as I'm looking for a pair for the June 18th game. I want to take my son to his first game for Father's Day.

I'll be there - getting pumped!

Hope it works out!

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member

get in touch with me or Pat closer to the game if you haven't found any we can check if anyone in our section has extras for that game

JamesM

TRIBE Member
a comment that is beyond stupid for words lol

You're probably right. North American Football is pretty wild in terms like Scarborough. Footy.

Played against guys that they thought they're going to make it. It's not a nice game.

So that's why I like the more contemporary football. It's more a chess match. European Footy.

I hope that MLS will follow suit. Not give it the N/A treatment.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
For fuck sakes I've never seen anyone talk out of their ass like you do... how about if you don't know what you're talking about shut your pie hole?

Idiot.

Anyways, TFC Canadian Champs!!! Not the prettiest goal, and a little luck on our side but grit and determination saw us through!

TFC! TFC! TFC!

:D:D:D:D:D

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Anyways, TFC Canadian Champs!!! Not the prettiest goal, and a little luck on our side but grit and determination saw us through!

That was hilarious when they scored on the last play of the game. They were lucky the ref let that final play develop, but the ref did the right thing. Whitecap keeper was wasting time on that last goal kick.

Variant

TRIBE Member
Will Johnson and Bradley both out 6 weeks. Altidore is still out for a number of weeks as well. Clint Irwin is out for 6 weeks. TFC currently out of a playoff spot and sub 500. We'll be missing these guys for the next 7-9 games. We'll need to make a late push if we can't pull off a miracle in July/August.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
TFC currently out of a playoff spot and sub 500. We'll be missing these guys for the next 7-9 games. We'll need to make a late push if we can't pull off a miracle in July/August.

Well how much has quickly evolved and change since these comments you made 6 weeks ago.

July was probably the best single month ever for this club. The young MF of Endoh/Osorio/Delgado/Chapman have gain valuable experience and contributing. Bono has quickly evolved each game, and Altidore and Ricketts have helped out Giovinco on offense. Nothing needs to be added about The Atomic Ant ;)

Last night's match against Houston was delayed until 9pm due to massive tstorms in Houston. A point on the road would be acceptable, and a win would be great.

Steady as she goes in TFC land, but it's hard not to be optimistic.

loopdokter

TRIBE Promoter
Can't complain about the run they've had as of late.

Will someone finally wise up and get rid of that lump Altidore, please? He's overpaid, injury prone and has the pace of a tortoise. Oh yeah, and for a striker he can't seem to score.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Can't complain about the run they've had as of late.

Will someone finally wise up and get rid of that lump Altidore, please? He's overpaid, injury prone and has the pace of a tortoise. Oh yeah, and for a striker he can't seem to score.

but but his hold up play LOL!

I agree with all of your post I am not a fan of Altisnore

Variant

TRIBE Member
Well how much has quickly evolved and change since these comments you made 6 weeks ago.

July was probably the best single month ever for this club. The young MF of Endoh/Osorio/Delgado/Chapman have gain valuable experience and contributing. Bono has quickly evolved each game, and Altidore and Ricketts have helped out Giovinco on offense. Nothing needs to be added about The Atomic Ant ;)

Last night's match against Houston was delayed until 9pm due to massive tstorms in Houston. A point on the road would be acceptable, and a win would be great.

Steady as she goes in TFC land, but it's hard not to be optimistic.

Agreed that they pulled off a miracle. Getting a 4 game home stand against weaker sides definitely helped but having Delgado flourish in defensive mid and having Chapman really come on was something I couldn't have predicted. Osorio and Endoh did enough.

I'm not sure where all the Altidore hate is coming from. He's scored in 3 of the last 4 games and his interplay with Giovinco has never been better. In fact his play overall has never been better than it is right now. If he stays in this kind of form then I'll be happy.

Variant

TRIBE Member

Well they had injuries (Giovinco, Altidore, Johnson, Irwin). International Break (Bradley and Altidore gone). Hasn't mattered. TFC are in the best form they've ever been in. The scoring has been shared and other teams can't just focus on shutting down Seba. Combo that with the second best defence in the league and the results are all pointing to a cup run. I think Montreal are a tougher oponent than either Colorado or Seattle. If they can make the final I think it's theirs.

The Kid

TRIBE Member
You're probably right. North American Football is pretty wild in terms like Scarborough. Footy.

Played against guys that they thought they're going to make it. It's not a nice game.

So that's why I like the more contemporary football. It's more a chess match. European Footy.

I hope that MLS will follow suit. Not give it the N/A treatment.

How wasted were you when you typed this diarrhea? LOL... such a bellend... shut yer trap already.

JamesM

TRIBE Member
How wasted were you when you typed this diarrhea? LOL... such a bellend... shut yer trap already.

MLS is still far off. 3 guys making 9 million, the rest of the team making 45k-120k.

They're faking the european football.