• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

2015-2016 NBA/Raps Thread

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Man talk about good year to be a free agent. Half these scrubs would be lucky to get half of what they earned this summer.

And what is going on with the Lakers? I haven't seen a team that botched up since the Knicks.

Let's see who KD picks....

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Warriors would be crazy. They'd basically be upgrading Harriston Barnes to KD. How do you even think about stopping that offense? KD would be leaving some serious money on the table to join the Warriors though.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
The NBA is turning into a super hero movie. Gstate just formed the Avengers and you watch Lebron, CP3 and Carmello will form the Justice League.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
lol this FA has been coo coo!!

Espn reporting Ray Allen considering coming out of retirement at 40 yrs old to play for either Warriors, Cavs, Clippers, Spurs lol

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
I just did my own amateur video analysis but I think the NBA got it right.

Download the video here:
Code:
https://cdn-e1.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/yi3n.mp4?token=1480990061_19101621f7e3e695f54ac450f98b4c64305450d5
Then run it on VLC and go frame by frame(View->advance control->Film icon). The video frame rate is 30 frames/sec. Ross got the shot off with about 0.5-0.6 secs remaining, that equals about 15-18 frames. From the video I counted about 24 frames (maybe 21 at the lowest) between when DMC touches the ball and when the clock starts. I don't see how it's possible to get down to 18 frames(0.6 seconds).

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
No doubt it's close. But what it comes down to is the clock they are playing with. Ross had no idea the clock was wrong and therefore used the time he thought he had. There is no way to tell if the clock had been correct if he would have shot earlier and no way to tell if it would have still gone in. You can't penalize a player for an error that he knew nothing about and was not involved in.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Pretty excited about the Ibaka premier tonight. Doubt Tucker will play much if it all.

AND I JUST SCORED A FREE TICKET 7th ROW!!!!!!

[- FuNKtiOn -]

TRIBE Member
We've won the last 2 games without him.
We also have a decent remaining schedule and by all means the resources to hold our playoff ranking, let alone the worry of falling out of contention all together.
It's going to be tough without him, but if we get him back for the playoffs there is really no reason to lose hope yet.