1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

2015-2016 NBA/Raps Thread

Discussion in 'Sports' started by sam, Nov 5, 2015.

1. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Still not going to help the Knicks until the offensive black hole called Carmelo learns to play a team game.

2. StarvinMarvin

StarvinMarvin TRIBE Member

both on the DL by mid season lol

I'd place a bet on that

3. StarvinMarvin

Lowry headed to Rio the way his body gets beat up I would have rather him rest for the Raps but what can you do

4. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I would also that bet! The Knicks are the Maple Leafs of the NBA.

5. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Agreed. Hopefully the US has a cakewalk through this one which I think it could be even with a lot of top tier talent passing.

This might be Lowry's only chance to play for Olympic Gold so he has to take the opportunity. He's only there because Curry/Paul/Wall aren't going to play.

6. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Derozan also opted in to Rio which is a bit odd for someone who is an UFA. Tells me he's going to re-up or he already knows where he's going and the contract will be signed by the time Rio starts.

7. Illogistix

Illogistix TRIBE Member

Anyone heard of our new back-up centre? Strange pick from Masai as we already have a very good/elite centre and no power forward.

Looks like Biyombo is gone for sure now, though it was a slim chance for him to stick around.

From all I have heard, the guy is a very solid college player (17 and 11) but nothing special. A serviceable back-up.

Makes me think Masai has some deals in the works.

8. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I feel like IBM Watson made that pick purely based on analytics. His numbers are good and analytics say he's only a 16% to a be an NBA bust. But I dunno, I feel like he's not filling an immediate need. I wanted Sabonis.

Siakam at 27 was ok. Totally meant to be a Biyombo type player. Considering they didn't have a 2nd round pick, i'm ok with this pick.

9. StarvinMarvin

I don't know enough about this kid so I gotta put my trust in Masai taking the best rated player is not the worst thing in the world and it's a strong message to BEBE that it's time to step up next season or your time could be up as a Raptor.

All I know about Sabonis is he s the son of a sick NBA C so who knows maybe our guy ends up better than Sabonis in the end

I think they tried to make a move but again what was out there did not make any sense for the long term and Masai over an over keeps saying it's not win right now mode for this squuad

10. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

I definitely trust in Masai, but man he really knows how to make Draft day crowds and pundits go who??? wha??? hmmmm??? ok.....

And man how many international players were taken in the first round? Must be some kind of record.

Next milestone date.. July 1st.

11. StarvinMarvin

Masai said Biyombo's situation factored into draft decisions some but doesn't rule anything out, trying to stockpile talent now & for future

July 1st will be huge for sure

Also Bis just walked out of Masai office and will be here for the weekend not really news but figured I would share

12. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Well he tried to get Ibaka. The rumours are though that we didn't offer Ross as part of the package and that Thunder wanted Ross/Patterson and both our picks. Definitely good he didn't go for that offer but weird Ross wouldn't be offered.

13. Musical Rush

Musical Rush TRIBE Member

I baka way from that trade too

14. StarvinMarvin

heard the opposite Ross and pick was offered we didn't want to include patterson

buy would love Ibaka but no thanks at that price tag

15. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

DeRozan not even taking meetings with anyone outside Raptors. Biyombo won't as well at this point.

Still going to very difficult to sign DeRozan and keep Biyombo and still improve the team but it is a positive for this organization that key Free Agents are signalling to the league that Toronto is a place players want to stay.

16. StarvinMarvin

Get your cap knowledge here/Raps Offseason

bam the explanation we've all been waiting for, goes over all the cap hold, bird rights and what it all means and why teams can't sign up free agents like mad and then go over the cap with their players

very good read

Last edited: Jun 28, 2016
  17. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Yes I had worked all that out on my own but it was time consuming and confusing. Wish that article was around weeks ago.

18. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Wow OKC wanted Cojo, PP, Powell and the 9th pick for Ibaka? Then we'd have to resign Ibaka next year. Fuck that noise.

19. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

I wonder if Nando De Colo will ever actually play for the Raptors. He's a PG so there is no need to bring him over but dude can Ball. Euro League MVP.

We have extended qualifying offer.

20. StarvinMarvin

The article I posted up there cover the De Colo situation

21. Wiseman

Wiseman TRIBE Member

Oh I'm aware of the current situation. Just wondering (assuming we re-sign him) when/if he will actually play for us. He's one of the best players in the Euroleague.

22. StarvinMarvin

They are extending the offer just to keep his rights, he not coming anywhere near the Raps roster anytime soon

23. SneakyPete

SneakyPete TRIBE Member

Doesn't sound like he's coming anytime soon. Reading some of the posts here, it sounds like he just signed another 3 year deal with CSKA Moscow. Also sounds like quite a few NBA teams have interest in him.

24. KickIT

KickIT TRIBE Member

Speaking of PG, wonder if Delon Wright will get more run next season. I really like his game. Though barring injury to Kyle or COJO, I can't see him getting more run.

25. StarvinMarvin

I wish they could find more time for him to I really want to see more of him but you nailed it, it will be hard to find him time unless we rest lowry a lot more this year to save him for playoffs