• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2015-2016 NBA/Raps Thread

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

ndrwrld

TRIBE Member
now all we need to do is steal the next one. impressive win tonight.
i take back what i said about Lowry.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Biz making a huge difference. Cavs are afraid to go to the paint when he's protecting the rim and when they do go to the paint they get a big rejection. As long as Cavs aren't hitting their 3s then we got a chance. Casey making Biz cover Frye in the fourth and taking him away from the rim was driving me crazy. Too many easy baskets.

DD and Kyle hitting their shots helps too.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Defense +1
Boards +1
Running the floor +1

Question: Do you play the Biz or JV next game? This is why I asked that earlier in the thread (BB or JV).

Keep it up guys and you're gonna put yourself in a good spot for a chance to win the next 2!

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
McGrady left cus he didn't want to stay in Carters shadow..he wanted to be his own star..The guy came in as a rookie what the hell would McGrady know about how the front office should be doing things? He was still a wet behind the ears punk.

McGrady interview not saying Carter had nothing to do with it but he said it himself

He was going to be a star and that is why you have an agent you know whats going on with the team and at that point in time we had to nothing to presentable

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Gotta start Biz. Bring JV off the bench.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Casey do the exact opposite of this.

JV on a short leash of course

not sure which I agree with and don't really care with JV in the mix hopefully for the next game Cavs have some defensive issues besides DDR and Klow to deal with

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Seeing Kyle and DeMar play great in the biggest game of the season is so satisfying as a fan. They were LIGHTS OUT down the stretch in the 4th, after Cleveland made their first 11!!! shots. Both Kyle and DeMar hit huge buckets plus a few and 1s that turned the game back in the Raps favour when Cleveland took a 3 point lead.

What else can you say about Biyombo - he's changed the series. Raps need to figure out a way to keep him next season. Might be the most popular Toronto athlete right now - Snapchat even made a "Biyombo is my Father" filter.

The arena looked so crazy - much credit to Raps' fans, gotta be one of the loudest most engaged crowds in the playoffs. But the officiating has been so laughable and in Cleveland's favour, it is a joke. Building an 18-point first half lead without taking any free-throws is insane. I'd expect the whistle to be tough again tomorrow night. Go team.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
Biyombo and his agent are laughing all the way to the bank this guy is going to get Max money or pretty close to it.

Let's just hope he wants to give his play Masai as deal because he believed in him when some other teams did not.

What a ride this playoffs has been from utter confusion wondering where this team went and looking for answers like a mad man to being tied 2-2 in the ECF when nobody gave us a chance.

I am a die hard Raps fan and I was having trouble myself staying on the bright side of things these playoffs and after games 1 and 2 of course but now my team is playing the way they should. and if (that IF got much larger) they go out they will go out swinging and get the respect they deserve!

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
wow what a game
demar and kyle and biz were on fire

the game would have been over earlier if the refs actually called the game fairly

biz has the worst free throw shot technique...lol

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Went to Game 3. Standing room only seats up in the rafters. Best bang for the buck. I was at Game 4 in 2001 vs Philly and Game 3 was so much crazier than that game (which was until Saturday the best raps game I've ever been to). The Toronto fan base has grown so much over the past 15 years, I love it!

Game 4 proved to be an ever bigger game. The moment the arena got up and cheered the first Cavs shooting foul in almost 4 quarters really shows that Toronto fans have grown and understand the game.

So much pride in this team now. Funny how winning and playing to your potential can change everything. Maple Leafs what?

PS

I also loved that despite not getting the calls, the Raps just kept playing and kept being aggressive, instead of pouting and yelling and throwing off their game.

Last edited:

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Biyombo and his agent are laughing all the way to the bank this guy is going to get Max money or pretty close to it.

No not MAX. He`ll probably get around $15 mill.

It is going to be tough to re-sign him though. Demar is going to ask for Max and get it and that will eat up almost all of our Cap space. We would have to drop Ross or pay Luxury tax. But at some point you need to face the Luxury Tax reality. The Raptors are the only team left in the playoffs that don`t pay Luxury Tax. In order to keep Contenders together more than a couple years it becomes necessary to pay everyone or see them bolt.

The other issue of course is that if he is being paid starter money can he really come off the bench. Will he accept that. Should the Raptors. I kind of think they should sell it to JV and Bismack as co-starters depening on the matchups. I could even see times when they could both be on the court considering Byombo`s ability to cover pretty much any position and JVs shooting (he should work on stretching his range now).

Illogistix

TRIBE Member

It is going to be tough to re-sign him though. Demar is going to ask for Max and get it and that will eat up almost all of our Cap space. We would have to drop Ross or pay Luxury tax. But at some point you need to face the Luxury Tax reality. The Raptors are the only team left in the playoffs that don`t pay Luxury Tax. In order to keep Contenders together more than a couple years it becomes necessary to pay everyone or see them bolt.

The other issue of course is that if he is being paid starter money can he really come off the bench. Will he accept that. Should the Raptors. I kind of think they should sell it to JV and Bismack as co-starters depening on the matchups. I could even see times when they could both be on the court considering Byombo`s ability to cover pretty much any position and JVs shooting (he should work on stretching his range now).

Agree 100% - they need to keep this group together. They have earned it now and are all pretty young / in primes. Unless Raps can replace DeMar or Biz with better options, I think they need to bite the bullet and face the luxury tax. Raps are two wins from the NBA finals!

Having two awesome 5's is such a luxury and if they could ever learn to play together for stretches, it would be amazing. Also, you can always trade one down the road if it's not working out. Can't let Biz walk - hopefully he wants to stay.

Another key note about game 5 - Biz has 3 flagrant fouls. One more and he's suspended for the next game. I foresee a play or two where the refs are going to be reviewing a Biz foul to see if it's flagrant. Hope that is not the case, but the way he is protecting the rim on every attack from the Cavs, it is a strong possibility.

JV has to be ready to play.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member

I'll take the guys at ESPNs word over yours but I guess we will see on Biz

Enes Kanter and Greg Monroe are making 16 mil + BTW

Last edited:

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
I hope Biz and Demar sit down with Masai and make it work so they both stay without financially crippling the team, wishful thinking perhaps but it has happened before and Masai and Biz are tight.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Projected cap is going up to $90M+ next year. We're currently at $77M, minus $16M for DD and BB, we have some room to play with. We also have DD's bird rights and can offer him max dollars without being penalized. I think we can make it work. Every playoff game is pretty much pure profit for MLSE, so I'm sure they can see the benefit of going slightly over the cap if it can guarantee multiple years of ECF or Finals basketball.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Aaron Bradley;4719250 Question: Do you play the Biz or JV next game? This is why I asked that earlier in the thread (BB or JV). [/QUOTE said:
Unless the offense is struggling I don't see the advantage of putting JV in ahead of Biz. The rim protection is proving to be very valuable this past two games.

juice

TRIBE Member
Projected cap is going up to $90M+ next year. We're currently at $77M, minus $16M for DD and BB, we have some room to play with. We also have DD's bird rights and can offer him max dollars without being penalized. I think we can make it work. Every playoff game is pretty much pure profit for MLSE, so I'm sure they can see the benefit of going slightly over the cap if it can guarantee multiple years of ECF or Finals basketball.
I would hope with this run that MLSE could open it up. Both series so far went 7 games (4 home games each), that is a ton of extra coin. Plus what everyone is buying in the stands (everyone seems to have an extra beer at playoff time). I'm not sure what they are paying for playoff seats face value wise in GS but if Raptors aren't the most expensive ticket in town throughout the playoffs they are likely the second most expensive.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Unless the offense is struggling I don't see the advantage of putting JV in ahead of Biz. The rim protection is proving to be very valuable this past two games.

I totally agree. Right now I don't care about what it was, right now the line-up is working and I would not change it. Hopefully JV sees the bigger picture and doesn't take it too hard if that is what happens tomorrow.

JV can't run and he technically still has somewhat of a bum ankle/calve.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
... and there is something that isn't working for me when it comes to Scola. Did you see that play last night where 3x Raptors threw their hands up in the air when LJ stole the ball and literally got the easiest 2 pts of the game. Scola is slow and honestly don't see how anyone sees him as a threat.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Scola's done a good job neutralizing Love, though I am not sure how much of that is Scola or is it Love having bad games.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Scola's done a good job neutralizing Love, though I am not sure how much of that is Scola or is it Love having bad games.

I think if we're even asking that question, then we've already answered it. Scola is on the floor and is matched up to him... but is he influencing the outcome???

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member

whatever it is its working so keep going to it.

I agree with the JV assessment if it ain't broke don't fix it and keep Bis but I just don't see Casey sticking to it and would be surprised if JV is ready to go that it would be off the bench....

Interested to see what Casey does here.

Aaron Bradley

TRIBE Promoter
Either way, we need to somehow get the win in Cleveland. If that doesn't happen, we're not going to win game 7 there most likely either. From last night, we really needed to win the next 3.