• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

2015-2016 NBA/Raps Thread

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
It's not even the record but the way they have pulled out wins. 1st quarter of the OKC game offense was non-existent but they still held OKC to 23 points. Having the grit and consistent defence to stay in games like that bodes well for the post-season.

Carroll was such a good pickup.

silver1

TRIBE Member
Their rebounding so far is WAY better than last year. Meaning that teams are getting fewer second chances.

Huge difference maker IMO

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
JV is keeping his hands up a lot more. I would lose my mind everytime he got an offensive rebound under the net then take it down for a bounce and going back up again letting the defenders have a chance to get above the ball.

Joseph is huge for this team and I think a lot of what he brings won'y show up in the stats. He brings such energy off the bench but unlike Lou in translates into better play from the guys around him. Lou was great to come in the game and just start shooting but Cori is better for this team. And the 2 PG lineup is deadly.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Joseph is an even better replacement for Vasquez and TRoss is properly positioned as the backup SG.

Scola and Carroll are showing why they're good pickups. Scola must be a huge influence on JV.

Now if only Biyombo could figure out how to dunk despite getting the ball to the rim, he would be DEADLY. It blows my mind how badly he finished. He does everything else right on offense but just can't finish.

It was hard for me to switch gears from the Jays to NBA but didn't take long with the way the Raps are playing.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Agreed on Joseph. He's been huge, really tenacious on D. I like Carroll, but he's terrible at layups/shots with 5 feet.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Horrible miss call by the refs last night. Not only did Meo step out of bounds he also traveled.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Demar needs to stop playing hero and force shots in the 4th quarter. He did it in the GState game (though the refs fucked that one up) and it directly cost them the game in Utah last night.

Why does Casey love to go iso ball when games are on the line? I would've thought that line of thinking would've left town with Lou Williams.

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
He's been great to get them from a shitty team to a decent team. That's usually the work of a "motivator" style coach (like Mark Jackson in GS). Next step requires a coach that can actually draw up a play out of a time out to get a bucket.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Raps can't even do that right. Last 2 games, they've had to blow their last timeout in the final minute on the inbounds play.

Don't know if its Demare Carroll or a poorly designed play. I suspect its probably the same play they always run and the other team knew how to defend it and Casey isn't adjusting.

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Demar needs to stop playing hero and force shots in the 4th quarter. He did it in the GState game (though the refs fucked that one up) and it directly cost them the game in Utah last night.

Why does Casey love to go iso ball when games are on the line? I would've thought that line of thinking would've left town with Lou Williams.
Not just end of game, seems like the whole game 80% of the play calls are iso plays for Demar.

What about the inbound play late in the game? That's two games in a row running the same play and they couldn't inbound the ball. I don't understand why it has to go to Demar right away? Why couldn't they inbound the ball then get it to him? It's a lot easier to make a pass once you have the ball in play.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I like that Demar gets to the rim drawing their big to him. What I don't like is that he doesn't dish off to the open big for the easy bucket.

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Surprised there hasn't been more activity in this thread...they've won 6 in a row now!

I've never been an *avid* raptor's fan, more just merely interested and on the fringe. But I would have to admit my appreciation for them has grown this year, and my knowledge on the nuances of the game is slowly improving.

StarvinMarvin

TRIBE Member
only one of the west power house teams beat us this year and that is Golden State twice by less than 10 points combined...we took out all the rest in our match ups with them Spurs, Mavs, Clippers, Grizzlies...etc

Best part of that stat is GS trounced all those teams by double digits when they met.

Now I just wish we would stop playing down to teams we should be killing out there

SneakyPete

TRIBE Member
Los Angeles Clippers forward Blake Griffin injured his right hand after hitting a member of the team's equipment staff during an argument, multiple sources told ESPN's Michael Eaves.

According to the sources, Griffin and the equipment staffer got into an argument in a restaurant during the team's trip to Toronto. Griffin hit the man, who then left the restaurant and went outside. Griffin followed him outside and hit him again.
This and cc sabathia in the summer, something about Toronto nightlife. All-Star weekend is going to be wild.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Just got back from the Raptors trouncing the Wizards. Tense when Lowry went out but Xray is negative.....phew!

Great to see another game get to garbage time. Bebe hit a 3 pointer!

Wall is crazy good but we still won another game and for the most part it looked pretty easy.

Casey needs more credit. When we lost it for a bit there it took one time out and we were back on track to roll through the rest of the game. He's making the right adjustments at the right time and the team buys into his system.

Derozan hitting 3s is nuts.

That is 9 in a row tying the longest winning record for the Raptors. And the longest this year in the East.

All in all it's good to be a Raptors fan right now!

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Demar and Lowry have been lights out. Demar was pissing me off big time in the early season but his dribble penetration game has been on point. And WTF T-Ross? He actually looks like he's playing with confidence for once.

Can't argue with top 10 in both offense and defense efficiency. The schedule for the rest of the season is pretty light too.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
The only way it'll be cool is if everyone at the ACC (including players) play the Roxanne drinking game.