• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2014-2015 NBA/Raps Thread

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Hey i live on The esplande. Think he wants to meet up for drinks? he teach me all about basketball.

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

juice

TRIBE Member
Really looking forward to the game tonight, a true test in what has been a fairly easy schedule so far (outside of Miami).

My season seats this year are in a section that MLSE has a bunch of seats in so I've sat next to Lou Williams' mom and brothers, James Johnson's brothers, Jonas Valanciunas' wife (hot) so super fun environment. Lou's mom gets really upset when he misses free throws :)

kuba

TRIBE Member
I have never said the following:

"The Toronto Raptors just beat the best team in the west, and, are the best team in the east".

There. I said it.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
bigups to espn!

two best teams playing last night, not a peep on the front page.

It's early and LeBron was playing in a "rematch" vs The Spurs so understandable.

Chuck - I went to Dog & Bear last night to catch the game. No Leaf game but it was still full of Raps fans who were really vocal and into the game. Place went wild at the end. A few years ago you'd never see that for a November Raptors game. Things are definitely changing - so many more ball fans these days it's awesome to see.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
Agreed. There is something happening here and the NBA is missing a great opportunity to capitalize on it. They forget that when Vince Carter was big and kids in LA and New York and Miami were wearing Purple #15 jerseys that a team in Canada with a good story was one of the drivers to how healthy the NBA was at the time.

I mean there is an All-star Game coming up that it is very likely Casey will be the coach for the east. How do they not jump on that story considering an All-Star game in Toronto is also coming soon.

Instead we get stories about how Koby seems to be going out with a whimper. Or how Lebron, now matter how good me makes the people play around him, himself does not guarantee wins. Our how many games Rose has missed.

I mean they should want this story to lead: a successful team living beyond promises, playing great team basketball with a great work ethic and a ton of personality. And from the East even!

I've watched a ton of basketball this season and the games in Toronto have been the best with the loudest crowds and least empty seats.

It's really fun watching them play.

I know it's early but tied for First in the league with the team they beat the other night...pretty good.

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
And Lou Williams for John Salmons may be they greatest value trade in the history of the Raptors.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
I was in NYC this weekend and went to the Knicks game. While it was cool to be in MSG. I swear you can hear a pin drop in that place. ZERO energy. I was pretty surprised at how quiet it was in there. I've been to Yankee games and there's no shortage of yelling and screaming. New Yorkers aren't afraid to talk.

Maybe it was because they were playing the 76ers but man, I almost fell asleep watching that game. Knicks are brutal too. Can't believe Quincy Acy is starting for that team.

kuba

TRIBE Member
I was in NYC this weekend and went to the Knicks game. While it was cool to be in MSG. I swear you can hear a pin drop in that place. ZERO energy. I was pretty surprised at how quiet it was in there. I've been to Yankee games and there's no shortage of yelling and screaming. New Yorkers aren't afraid to talk.

Maybe it was because they were playing the 76ers but man, I almost fell asleep watching that game. Knicks are brutal too. Can't believe Quincy Acy is starting for that team.

This calls for a road trip. I've been to MSG a few times as well when the Raps were playing, and you're right - it's a dead house. DEAD. Raps play there Feb 28th, it's a weekend, we should all go. The crowd in Cleveland inspired me.

Illogistix

TRIBE Member
Big week for the Raps as they continue with the easiest starting schedule they've ever had. 2 more home games and a roadie against the Hawks, who play the night before, so winning all three is doable. Mavs on Friday will be tough though, so better get a win tonight. They need to take advantage before the schedule turns and they get on those killer Western road swings. 14 and 2 can't be possible. Can it?

KickIT

TRIBE Member
This is why I love Kyle Lowry. Kid doesn't give up.

MadHeavyAmericankestrel.gif

Wiseman

TRIBE Member
140501110346-kyle-lowry-and-demar-derozan-celebrate-iso-050114.story-top.jpg

great pic. As much as Derozan hasn't been spectacular this season, there have been some great moments were he gets angry at himself for missing a shot or a freethrow and takes over for a couple of plays.

Zorro

TRIBE Member
You know raps fans are pretty smart. Except for me. However it's Really amazing the need for praise from south of the border. To understand that right now the Raps don't make money, they don't sell. It is actually really amazing that TnT even came here and that ESPN has a broadcast as well. Those broadcasts and websites make money off of American company's selling to American people.

It be great to hear the Raps started off sports centre on ESPN, I guess? I'm still waiting for them to beat out the Leafs here at the topic theroadcast when both play.