• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2013 NBA/Raps Thread

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Getting this thread started.

The good news: Toronto to host the 2016 All Star game!

The bad news: Raps will suck which could lead to potential good news in 2014.

kuba

TRIBE Member
What WTF about Drake?

Raptors have a chance at finishing 8th.

They could finish 9th which would suck.

Best would be to let them play well but they have a tough opening schedule, and then trade a bunch of them at the deadline and tank tank tank nation for a top 5 pick.

kuba

TRIBE Member
A Rap superstar from toronto can surely do only good, not bad, for the team's exposure amongst the young NBA, no?

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

octo

TRIBE Member
i'm good with it. i just hope that drake is still relevant 2 years from now.

sorry for the size

basketballjones

TRIBE Member
when has drake been relevant

racist i know but there is a reason its called the nigger ball league

if this is how a "team" decides how it is going to improve itself

give me a fucking break, dont sign anyone, hire a shitty "artist"

kuba

TRIBE Member
holy crap, can I ask you a question- do you drink during the day? I mean, heavily. do you? did you by chance get dumped today or something? fired? you've taken my level of anger to the next next next frontier.

as for your idiotic comment:

the TEAM isn't hiring drake to be a better TEAM it is hiring him to be an ambassador of the brand, globally. drake is very relevant and there's no reason to think in 2 years he won't be. the TEAM isn't thinking it will get more wins by hiring him to do this, it wants to increase its exposure amongst the nba community especially down south. if this isn't plainly obvious to you then you are what you called coleridge - a complete fucking idiot (to paraphrase your wording). you can't be this stupid, right? stick to your honkey tonk LEAFS, eh BUD?

octo

TRIBE Member
so no action in this thread since opening night eh?

i guess we all know this is a throwaway year. it was getting to the point where Raps ball was becoming un-watchable. that game were Rudy and Demar missed like 100 shots was terrifying.

they played better since then. there has been some ball movement! however, kyle lowrly doesn't know how to run the pick and roll. how can you run an offense with out being able to hit the roll man? i feel bad for amir and jonas.

anyway, they're in first in the atlantic lol!!!

this is the worst thing that could happen to raps. the last time they won the atlantic they ended up giving a crappy coach an extension. it's no looking like they'll be in a favourable position for the draft.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

kuba

TRIBE Member
I, too, was hoping for a total collapse but this isn't looking good.

Although maybe round 2 if they get there, with Rose out. Who cares, round 2... then again, anything can happen (except to beat the Heat or Pacers)

Where did the Pacers come from? 2 years ago I thought they were a fluke - obviously NOT.

Rose; gotta say, disheartening. Sad. Tragic almost. Terrible terrible luck. But this is 2 years of less wear & tear, so that's a good sign, no?

octo

TRIBE Member
the nets let the raps back in it tonight.

raps down by 2 with 10 seconds to go.

coming out of a time out it's Gay iso (shocking!),
run the clock a bit near the top of the arc,
drive and kick too....

Amir for a corner 3. i was laughing before he even took the shot.

genius play call by Casey. yes amir has made some 3's this year but i don't recall any of them being from the corner. they've been from the top of the arc or elbow.

i just saw the replay. amir was camped out there the whole time. why not have amir set a screen from demar, so he can go to the corner? it would have drawn more attention away from the lane for a drive. jesus. casey's terrible. my worst fear is he gets an extension.

at least demar got me some points in my league. pierce did alright for me tonight too

kuba

TRIBE Member
Lowry and Demar deserved to go ISO or get the ball. Didn't need to go 3. Gay was double-teamed, wrong pass, wrong player. Casey said after the game Amir's been practicing that shot so if it goes in they look like superstars. I hated the play but at least he had an open look.

That said, 3rd quarter, 7 rows back. Couple of fans screaming at Gay about how bad he is, he turns around, and stares them down for a few minutes. Never seen that before, usually NBA/NHLers etc have their ear plugs in, but he is very soft or sensitive.

Shitty loss, good ending.

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders