• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

[2008-2009] Toronto Raptors

smack

TRIBE Member
A new season. A new chapter in Raptors history with the addition of all star Jermaine O'Neal. I have to be honest I wasn't completely sold on the deal and Jermaine O'Neal as a person but after the way he handled himself in all the interviews and the press conference I am really excited about this trade now. He said all the right things. He's the kind of guy that tells it like it is and won't hold back. He can obviously put up big numbers when healthy so let's hope that is the case this year for him in a Raptors uniform with defence and inside scoring.

Also, it's going to be strange not to hear Chuck Swirsky calling the games anymore

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Everyone has the perception that Jermaine O'Neal was a bad person, but everytime I read about him, he was doing something positive. Always read about the involvements he was in with the Indiana community, and I believe he was one of the first athletes to donate money when Katrina happened.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

KickIT

TRIBE Member
The problem in Indiana was the likes of Artest, Tinsley and Stephen Jackson. Tinsley being the worst of the lot. I think JO will thrive here. The East is getting big up front and I love it.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Why does Dave Feschuk always have a hate-on for most 'gambles' in toronto sports? Ricky Williams first and now Jermaine O'Neal.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
Cause Dave Feschuk gets paid to write negatively. I despise his writing as much as I do Rosie DiManno writing sports columns. Anyone that doesn't see why this is a good deal is really an idiot. Even if he doesn't work out this year, next year's expiring contract will be huge - not only to have the financial freedom to sign another all-star calibre player, but to sign Chris Bosh, who's contract expires in 2010.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

tribe magazine legacy photo exhibit

smack

TRIBE Member
I wasn't sold on JO's attitude/work ethic before but hearing his side of the story and getting a better sense of the situation in Indiana, JO's Injury and his "career move" I'm becoming a believer. But, talk is cheap and we will have to see him in action on the court.

todiefor

TRIBE Promoter
kyfe said:
not a huge raptors fan but I'm even excited for this trade
Finally the lack of grit and intensity has been resolved. This type of player hasn't been in T.O. since Oakley and let's be honest, O'Neal is a far better all around player, if he's healthy. the Raps aren't going to be the softy's we've seen in the past. This year has some potential to be one of the most memorable seasons in Raptor history, I think. It's early, but i'm excited.

kuba

TRIBE Member
Not regretting the season ticket purchaes (albeit 1/4th) one bit.

Definetly think he takes some pressure off Bosh. Only concern is if he'll start whining that Bosh is the number one option (which he is). Don't see that happening too much as there will be enough ball for both of them, with JC feeding them non-stop. If Kapono can shoot like he did in the playoffs we have some in and some out. Who knows, Andre (ha ha) Bargniani might even be able to develop without the microscope like he had in year 2.

Dave Feschuk is just a wally, one of those constantly negative guys. Probably a nice guy in real life but his analysis (if yuo can call it that) is a joke. He's arguing the team is now averaging 27. Well, wtf? 27? Is that really that old? Oneal is 30, Calderon 27, Bosh under 27, there you go, three top players all in their primes of their careers. We also can't forget that JO and CB4 are going into contract years NEXT year (not 08/09 but the one after). how many times have we seen all-stars have MONSTER years in contract years?

Lots.

jungleboy

TRIBE Promoter
Yeah, my friend and I have been talking at length about Feschuk's crabby persona these days.

I suppose he's trying to be the ying to Doug Smith's Company Man yang.

R4V4G3D_SKU11S

TRIBE Member
jungleboy said:
I suppose he's trying to be the ying to Doug Smith's Company Man yang.
Yep. You have to realize that these aren't op-ed pieces. There is an editor and a master plan. Just ignore it, I say.

*SiLver*RoBoT*

TRIBE Member
R4V4G3D_SKU11S said:
Yep. You have to realize that these aren't op-ed pieces. There is an editor and a master plan. Just ignore it, I say.
It's a great plan - more readership cause you want to know what this FeShmuck is saying, and more hits for your company's website to comment on the article.

*over*and*out*

*SiLver*RoBoT*

smack

TRIBE Member
Raptors sign guard Roko Ukic to a 3 year deal. Apparently he's bulked up since we originally drafted him in 2005.

fleaflo

TRIBE Member
For those wanting to take a look at Ukic, he's the starting PG for the Croatian team that Canada will be playing in the QF's of the olympic qualifiers.

-Rudebwoy_Chin-

TRIBE Member
Primoz "that's gangsta" Brezec signs with Virtus Roma

We hardly knew ye, but it was funny hearing you talk ebonics. The Pacers will do that to ya though. I mean learning ENG from the likes of Tinsely, Artest, Steph Jacks, etc...

mute79

TRIBE Member
k, ive seen 3 summer league games so far and its the same lineup every time... i wanna see roko play dammit...

this john lucas character isn't impressing me at all... reminds me a lot of mike james :/

KickIT

TRIBE Member
Lucas won't play for the Raps. Him playing for the summer league team is probably a favour to daddy. The Raps are done with the off-season as they filled out their roster with Will Solomon.

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories