• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2006/7 Toronto Raptors

Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

smack

TRIBE Member
There is a God
I think Hoffa should be greatful that another team would pay for his "services"

Another point for Colangelo

tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

freshest1

TRIBE Member
so two bums for one. oh well. it really does not matter in grand scheme of things. We need to trade our pick for a proven big man or true point guard. On that note, who does tribe think is the best C and/or PG we could get for the no.1 pick or the no.1 and Charlie V.

some possible trades id like to see:

Diaw for Cv3 or No.1

Barbossa for CV3

Magloire for CV3

Kirk Hinrich for CV3 and swap down for the second pick.

Maggette (yeah, we had bad luck with combo guards) for MoPete

Cris paul for no.1 and MoPete/ or no.1 and CV3

As much as I like CV3 I think we are better off trading him for a true PG or C.

Kazoo

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
so two bums for one. oh well. it really does not matter in grand scheme of things. We need to trade our pick for a proven big man or true point guard. On that note, who does tribe think is the best C and/or PG we could get for the no.1 pick or the no.1 and Charlie V.

Diaw for Cv3 or No.1

Barbossa for CV3

Magloire for CV3

All of these trades are unrealistic or impossible due to salary cap implications.

freshest1

TRIBE Member
Kazoo said:
All of these trades are unrealistic or impossible due to salary cap implications.

Diaw [makes 2.5 mil] for Cv3 or No.1

Barbossa [makes 2.5 mil]for CV3 [same]

Magloire [8 mill expiring contract] for CV3

Kirk Hinrich [3mil] for CV3 [2.5mil] and swap down for the second pick.

Maggette [7mil](yeah, we've had bad luck with combo guards) for MoPete [4.5 expiring contract]

Cris paul [3.5mil] for no.1 and MoPete [4.5mil] or no.1 and CV3 [2.5mil]

all of these trades are possible. not to mention we have enough cap room to take on a large contract. fuck we got ride of jaleen for that exact reason. we have about 20 million in cap room to play with. well, 16.5 'cause we have to pay the one pick 3.5ish. For that kind of money we could take on KGs contract [18mil].

rudebwoy

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:
Diaw [makes 2.5 mil] for Cv3 or No.1

Cris paul [3.5mil] for no.1 and MoPete [4.5mil] or no.1 and CV3 [2.5mil]

if either of those GM's traded Diaw or Chris Paul for CV3 and this years #1 pick they'd be fired within seconds, IMO...those two guys are both going to be superstars in this league, sooner than later, and there is no one in this draft that will compare, at least for 4-5 years...

c.

Sugar D

TRIBE Promoter
freshest1 said:
which is precisely why i would love to get them in a raptors uniform.

I would too but it's going to take a lot more than what you proposed.

Chris Paul is pretty much untouchable. He's now the franchise player over in New Orleans. They will never trade him.

Phoenix will not trade Diaw either after what he did for them this year.

justin surdit

TRIBE Member
pipedream.jpg

kla.c

TRIBE Member
freshest1 said:

Diaw for Cv3 or No.1

Barbossa for CV3

Magloire for CV3

On the PG front, it looks like Jay Williams (broken leg J. Will, not white chocolate J. Will) may sign with Toronto. This would be a great pick up for the club depending on his health. It also looks like Colangelo may be looking at Denim Brown as a 2nd round pick if he hangs around that long.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
agentRC4 said:
Why does everyone want to trade CV3 after his great rookie season?

I don't get it.

Cuz his stock is as high as it's going to get. If we want to win now, we gotta make moves to bring in solid veterans. CV3, our #1 pick, maybe a sign & trade with MJ are our best trading assets.

*c*

freshest1

TRIBE Member
I dont think pheonix is going to be able to keep Diaw and Barbossa, both are in contract years. So if i'm pheonix, why not develop a player, like CV3, and keep the cap down.

I've also read somewhere about a possible sign and trade with ben wallece and Cv3

kla.c

TRIBE Member
^
I've read that Phoenix is actually looking at getting rid of the Matrix in the offseason. They're looking to offload salary and to acquire a high draft pick in the process. I read that the short list was Toronto and Chicago... all speculation of course.

I wouldn't expect Phoenix to let Diaw or Barbosa go next year.

freshest1

TRIBE Member
kla.c said:
^
I've read that Phoenix is actually looking at getting rid of the Matrix in the offseason. They're looking to offload salary and to acquire a high draft pick in the process. I read that the short list was Toronto and Chicago... all speculation of course.

I wouldn't expect Phoenix to let Diaw or Barbosa go next year.

I don't really think that we need a shawn marion type. it would be nice and the matrix could play his natrual position at sf but for 15mil! i'd be happy with MoPho for 5-6mil. fuck. we need to fix the holes at G and C 1st.

kla.c

TRIBE Member
I agree with you 100%. Matrix comes at a steep price and what I think are declining returns. We need a decent PG (hoping for Jay Williams) and someone to take up some space down low.

agentRC4

TRIBE Member
I just don't get it. I wouldn't package our #1 pick and CV3 for anyone.

If we get rid of CV3 for a PG or C we are still down in the 3/4 spot. CV3 and CB4 are a great front court for many years. The Raps are a couple years away from being a true contender, so to trade CV3 for a vetran doesn't make sense.

KickIT

TRIBE Member
They didn't hire Colangelo to keep the status quo. It's clear the status quo isn't cutting it. I think Brian inherited the club in relatively good position and I trust him to make the right moves to put this organization into the thick of things.

Watching this year's playoffs made me realize how much I wish playoff ball was in Toronto. I'll never forget the 76ers/Raps playoff game I went to. I want that shit back goddamnit.

*c*

freshest1

TRIBE Member
KickIT said:
They didn't hire Colangelo to keep the status quo. It's clear the status quo isn't cutting it. I think Brian inherited the club in relatively good position and I trust him to make the right moves to put this organization into the thick of things.

*c*

I agree wholeheartedly. BC's going to make some big moves to put this Org in the playoffs. If not this year next year for sure.

Last edited:

freshest1

TRIBE Member
Hmmm.....

CV3 and MoPho for Magliore and Mo williams ??

ORLANDO – Steve Novak didn’t hurt his stock much during the first two days of the NBA pre-draft camp, but he certainly didn’t do anything to enhance it.
Novak, a 6-foot-9 sharp-shooting forward from Marquette University, didn’t come close to playing his best basketball before a horde of NBA general managers, player personnel directors, scouts and coaches at the Disney Wide World of Sports complex.
In the first of his two games, Novak played solidly, finishing with 11 points and two rebounds. He connected on 3-of-4 field goal attempts and made all four free throw attempts.
Unfortunately for Novak, his second game was a downer. He misfired on all six of his field-goal attempts in a lackluster 22-minute outing. While some NBA officials were concerned about Novak’s rough showing, Dave Twardzik wasn’t among them.
Twardzik, the Orlando Magic’s assistant general manager, said he wasn’t about to alter his opinion of Novak.
“I like him,’’ Twardzik said. “ I think he’s got some good toughness and tremendous size. And he has an NBA skill: He can shoot. You got to honor his shot.
“I wouldn’t (downgrade) him on what he’s done here. I wouldn’t throw out the four years of hard work and the improvement he showed and judge him on what we’ve seen here.’’
Novak will get one more crack to impress NBA officials Friday in the final day of drills and workouts for camp participants.

Friendly competition
One of the more interesting match-ups of the camp occurred Thursday night when Dan Grunfeld, the son of Washington Wizards general manager Ernie Grunfeld, and Coby Karl, the son of Denver Nuggets coach George Karl, went head-to-head.
For George Karl, it was a stressful time.
“I’ll be honest with you: There are times when I want to get up and leave,’’ said Karl while watching the game. “You pull for him on every play. You want him to do well. … This is too pressurized, too intense.’’
Both Coby Karl and Danny Grunfeld, who played against each other in high school and became good friends while their fathers were employed by the Bucks, acquitted themselves well. Grunfeld totaled seven points and two assists, while Karl had six points and five assists.
While Danny Grunfeld is in the draft, Coby Karl is still weighing his options and may return to Boise State for another season.

Porter keeps plugging away
Former Bucks coach Terry Porter said he and several Portland area businessmen are still actively trying to buy the Portland Trail Blazers.
Porter, who was a fan favorite while playing for the Blazers, refused to speculate on his consortium’s chances of landing the Blazers.
“We hopefully want to be a part of the process,’’ Porter said. “We have positioned ourselves in a very good way.’’
Porter didn’t elaborate on the situation, saying “quite a few’’ Portland individuals were working with him.

Ilyasova draws praise
The Bucks currently don’t have a first-round pick, having dealt it to New Orleans/Oklahoma City last October in a deal involving Jamaal Magloire.
But the Bucks could have a “first-round’’ type player on their roster next season in Ersan Ilyasova. The 6-foot-9 forward from Turkey was the Bucks’ second-round pick last season before playing for Tulsa in the D-League.
“I don’t know the draft real well, but I’d say he’d be a late first-round pick,’’ said Tulsa coach Joey Meyer. “He really started stroking the basketball at the end of the season. And he’s gotten bigger. He was about 210 – max – when he played for us and now he’s up to 230.
“He’s got a great work ethic and he’s a good person. I think he’s got a chance.’’

Rumor mill
There are still whispers Bucks center Jamaal Magloire could end up being traded to the Toronto Raptors, and that super-sub guard Mo Williams could accompany him in a blockbuster deal. Swingman Mo Peterson and forward Charlie Villanueva are the Raptors most prominently mentioned in such a deal. … Speaking of the Raptors, I’m hearing they are getting some tempting offers for the No. 1 overall pick. One scenario would have Raptors flip-flop picks with a team that is selecting in the top five and receiving a starting player as well. … The Allen Iverson Trade Watch is officially on. The scuttlebutt is the 76ers will trade the mercurial guard this summer. … There is growing sentiment that Detroit free-agent center Ben Wallace will have the Chicago Bulls on his short list of teams this summer. “From what I saw in the playoffs, it sure didn’t look like he wants to stay in Detroit,’’ an NBA coach said. … Is Latrell Sprewell’s career over? Some NBA officials have serious reservations whether Sprewell has anything left in his tank. And this is the guy who turned down an offer in excess of $20 million before last season to stay with the Minnesota Timberwolves...

Bonus shots
Former Bucks guard Steve Henson took in the pre-draft camp. Henson is now an assistant coach at Nevada-Las Vegas. The Runnin’ Rebels could land Marquette transfer Ryan Amoroso, who has also visited San Diego State. Amoroso is also expected to visit Miami and Kansas State. … Three player personnel directors, when asked whom was the best player in the camp, all said the same person: guard Jordan Farmar of UCLA. … Bucks coach Terry Stotts, who showed up for the camp with the rest of his staff, is expected to travel to Australia this summer to visit with Bucks rookie Andrew Bogut, who’ll be playing for the Australian National Team. … This is the first time the pre-draft camp has been held in Orlando and, for many NBA officials, they hope it’s the last. Rather, they’d like to see the camp return to Chicago next year. … An NBA exec on beleaguered Knicks coach Larry Brown: “I’ve known Larry a long time and I’ve never seen him so depressed.’’ Brown is expected to reach a contract settlement with the Knicks and then sit out a season.

Comments
Brandon Lipinski wrote:
I really doubt the Raptors would go after Magloire. I just don't think he fits with the type of style Bryan Colangelo wishes to implement with the team in coming years. Magloire fits in with a slow half-court style of game. Colangelo wants to the Raptors to be a run and gun type of team, with agile forwards such as Charlie V and Chris Bosh running on the wings. Some would say the Raps need a legitimate banger, a big man. However, as well as saw in the playoffs this year ( Phoenix ) , teams can win without a true presence in the middle. Along with a true pass-first point guard, Charlie V and Bosh would pose nightmares for opposing big-men trying to keep up with them.
06/09 10:35:44
JD wrote:
Both Bosh and Charlie are 4s and it looks like Toronto is going to be drafting another 4. Neither can play the 3 effectively so I have no doubt that Toronto is exploring the possibility of trading of Charlie. Magloire gets bashed around Milwaukee but he is a very solid Center who will give you a double double every night. In order for a team to run and gun they do need to rebound the ball which is what Magloire does fairly well. I think the rumored trade would be great for both teams.
06/09 10:52:35
RR wrote:
Trading Mo-Pete would be a mistake. He is a very under-rated player. There are not many players out there who play as great defence as he does accompanied with his offensive skills. Trading Mo-Pete would be a great loss even though we could get Magloire. I believe that Charlie could play the 3, from what I saw this season he looked pretty good playing the 3. He was shooting and driving. The reason I would veto that previously mentioned trade is because we could easily lure Magloire when he is a free agent which is just one year away. By luring him through free agaent we would not have to give up Mo-Pete or Charlie V. We could have all three for the right $$$. One rumour I heard is that the raptors are trying to get Brevin Knight by trading down in the draft to the third spot. I like that deal. I also think that the raps should try to sign Joel Prizilla(I spelled that wrong, I just know it). If the raps want to make any noise in the playoffs Mo-Pete is the type of guy they need to retain, no question. He has all of the intangibles.
06/09 11:18:22
Joey wrote:
I agree that Magloire doesn`t fit the run an gun style the Colangelo is known to staff his roster with....however magloire is still a young quality bigman who would love to play in his home town. I think Brevin Knight is the exact type of PG this team has been missing the last few years. Rafer and James just aren`t the types the coach sam mitchell likes. Knight is a true pass first PG who will make this team better. Our best trade asset is Mo-pete. He can best be described as the perfect sixth man. He does so many things well that he has great value all around the league. The problem is he doesn`t do anything great. He take`s some bad shots that seem to luckily go in, he shoots a decent 3 ball and plays within the offense but is not a one on one break you down player. He is never going to be a really good 2 or 3. He has no allstar games in his future. I like his game as a great sixth man and as an average starter who doesn`t hurt you but won`t carry you. Trade him while his value is so high.

Getting Magloire and Knight, trading Mo-pete and keeping a pick in the top 10 would make this a playoff team next year no problem.
06/09 12:39:56