• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2006-2007 Toronto Maple Leafs

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
I would only resign Lindros as a last resort, and if it was for $1mil or less.

We apparently have between $4-$6mil potentially after we sign all the kids like Wellwood, Stajan, Antro, etc to new deals.

The team wants to keep around $2mil avail for late season addition, when you only owe the last few months of a contract.

So that leaves us with $2-$4 mil to sign 2-3 new players.. and a lot of holes in the forward corps.

By my count we need one or 2 top 2 line wingers, and a 2nd line centre to even resemble an NHL lineup.
 
Cannabis Seed Wedding Bands

kyfe

TRIBE Member
crazedcanuck said:
I would only resign Lindros as a last resort, and if it was for $1mil or less.

We apparently have between $4-$6mil potentially after we sign all the kids like Wellwood, Stajan, Antro, etc to new deals.

The team wants to keep around $2mil avail for late season addition, when you only owe the last few months of a contract.

So that leaves us with $2-$4 mil to sign 2-3 new players.. and a lot of holes in the forward corps.

By my count we need one or 2 top 2 line wingers, and a 2nd line centre to even resemble an NHL lineup.

lindros will fill in nicely as a #2 centre this year, I think him, Poni and anny would make a decent line
 

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
lindros will fill in nicely as a #2 centre this year, I think him, Poni and anny would make a decent line

Agreed, but I'd rather get some wingers and give Steen the full-time #2 duties seeing as Lindros will likely managed 40-50 games max, and those wingers would hopefully be realtively young and contribute for more than 1 season.

Lindros is a nice last ditch option, although in his radio interview on the FAN the other day, he was talking like the contract was signed and has apparently already met with Maurice regarding his role next yr.
 

kyfe

TRIBE Member
crazedcanuck said:
Agreed, but I'd rather get some wingers and give Steen the full-time #2 duties seeing as Lindros will likely managed 40-50 games max, and those wingers would hopefully be realtively young and contribute for more than 1 season.

Lindros is a nice last ditch option, although in his radio interview on the FAN the other day, he was talking like the contract was signed and has apparently already met with Maurice regarding his role next yr.

we really haven't seen lindros play yet, at his age and giving his ability he is a perected leader, which oddly enough was something clarke used to bitch him out about.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
kyfe said:
we really haven't seen lindros play yet, at his age and giving his ability he is a perected leader, which oddly enough was something clarke used to bitch him out about.


Which is my point AGAINST him, as we likely won't see him play much due to injuries.

(hell, no-one has seen him "play" since the Stevens hit)
 

crazedcanuck

TRIBE Member
jungleboy said:
Lindros will have a good year. That wrist thing was a bit flukey. I think he will suprise a lot of people.

Based on what?? Sure he has the talent, but he's fragile. Aside from the wrist he had leg issues last season as well, and he's not known for a strong dedication to fitness.

Again, if we can fill other holes on the wing, we are extremely deep @ the C even without Eric and Allison, so I'd prefer we go that route first, and if we can't, then accept it and sign them as LAST ditch options.

You can't possibly think that he's a preferable first option for the team to spend it's money on.
 

tonep

TRIBE Member
i almost feel bad for lindros.. he was railroaded by his parents in the draft, turned into a scapegoat in philly and destroyed by stevens... so much potential.. such a shabby late career.. you have to wonder if he went to quebec like he was supposed to and then won a cup with colorado if things would have been different....
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

silver1

TRIBE Member
tonep said:
you have to wonder if he went to quebec like he was supposed to and then won a cup with colorado if things would have been different....

Colorado wouldn't have won the cup had they not traded Lindros.

Lindros was sent to the Flyers for Peter Forsberg, Mike Ricci, Ron Hextall, Chris Simon, Kerry Huffman, Steve Duchesne, two first-round picks (one used to select Jocelyn Thibault)

Of those acquired players in subsequent trades, Colorado picked up Roy, Blake, Tanguay.....
 

Zorro

TRIBE Member
Maple Leafs add Westrum

Westrum blossomed with the Houston Aeros of the AHL last season, finishing second in league scoring with 98 points (34 goals and 64 assists) in 71 games. The 6-foot, 204-pound Minneapolis native has 25 NHL games under his belt -- 10 last season with the Minnesota Wild and 15 in 2003-04 with the Phoenix Coyotes -- and has three NHL points
 

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
According to a friend who works for Leafs TV, JFJ had to be talked out of signing Jason Allison by this past week.

JFJ has no clue at all.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

tobywan

TRIBE Member
Sources tell TSN the Toronto Maple Leafs are expected to announce the signing of veteran centre Mike Peca on Tuesday.

Peca is believed to have agreed to a one-year, 2.5-million dollar contract.

The Canadian Press reports that the Leafs and Peca have been courting each other for well over a week with both camps agreeing Toronto is a good fit for the 11-year NHL centre.

The 32-year-old Toronto native, a two-time Selke Trophy winner as the NHL's top defensive forward, makes his off-season home in Buffalo, making Toronto an ideal geographical location.

Related Info
Maple Leafs ink Wellwood to two-year deal
Leafs re-sign Colaiacovo, Bell, Harrison
Maple Leafs 2006-2007 Salary Commitments
Peca, who earned $3.99 million US last season in Edmonton, rebounded with a strong second half and terrific playoff after a slow start to the regular season. He put up six goals, five assists and a plus-5 rating in 24 playoff games, winning key faceoffs and killing penalties, while centring a line between Fernando Pisani and Raffi Torres that was instrumental in the Oilers' magical run. He had nine goals and 14 assists in 71 regular-season games.

In Toronto, Peca fills one of the voids left by centres Jason Allison and Eric Lindros, the latter signing with Dallas on Monday. Allison, also an unrestricted free agent, isn't expected back with the Leafs.

Peca, who has 394 career points (160-234) in 693 regular-season games with Vancouver, Buffalo, the New York Islanders and Edmonton, was traded to Edmonton from the Islanders last Aug. 3 in exchange for forward Mike York and a fourth-round pick in last Saturday's entry draft.

Peca, a junior star with the Ottawa 67's, was also a member of Team Canada's 2002 Olympic champion team in Salt Lake City.
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders

Eclipze

TRIBE Member
vench said:
maybe in terms of production... but Peca will most likely stay healthy whereas Lindros' health will always be a concern.

Peca is better in the face-off circle and plays better two-way hockey
 

123fakest

TRIBE Member
Leafs payroll at $42 Mil excluding Wellwood, Bell, Harrison & Westrum. Assuming these are 2-way contracts, still not that much room left for a winger. Whats the cap, $44?
What about Stajan? I figure he'll sign for a least $1Mil if Colo got 900K
 
tribe cannabis accessories silver grinders
Top