• Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, the online home of TRIBE MAGAZINE. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register. Join us!

2004 snowboard video recommendations

aki

TRIBE Promoter
So I bought the Video Gangs video in hopes of getting hyped for the upcoming season. It not bad, but I have a few complaints.

What happened to freeriding? I enjoy watching these guys fly through the air as much as the next guy, but after the first 20 6-second clips, it gets a little redundant. I'm not asking for an hour of smooth turns in deep powder a la Warren Miller, but it's nice to watch snowboarders get deep in the stuff every now and again.

And the rails. 80% of this video is rails. Again, fun to watch for a while, but gets boring seeing it over and over again.

I'd like to see something with a little more variety. And longer clips. I want to see the riders ride a little, not just see the 2 second approach/3 second air/2 second stomp sequence.

Any recomendations for a better video this year?

that 420 guy

TRIBE Member
robotfood lame - BADASS! things i never thought possible are done in this video.

tws - technical difficulties

enjoy the slopes

- that snowboarding guy :cool:

Funzo

TRIBE Member
Mack Dawg's "Game Show" is pretty good, it's a bunch of different competitions from last year, and my friend has the last part in it!

It was already mentioned but it should be again RobotFood's "Lame"

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

artoodeetoo

TRIBE Member
I would highly recommend TB12 "White Balance". My favourite this year. "Lame" is definetly a must have for this year too. Also, check out Alterna Action's "Reflection" and the latest from Absinthe Films, "Saturation".
A great crossover flic (skiers and snowboarders) is by Teton Gravity Research called "High Life". It's all big mountain skiing and riding and excellent cinematography.

feisty boy

TRIBE Member
i've got "white balance" - there's a good mix of things on it - park, freeriding, urban rails... it does start to feel a little redundant about half way through though - the editing couldve been tighter.

i've been searching for the new absinthe one too, but can't find it. the clips i've seen have been sick freeriding, all over the world.

SmoothOperator

TRIBE Member
And the rails. 80% of this video is rails. Again, fun to watch for a while, but gets boring seeing it over and over again
Just the other day, I was browsing through FORUM SNOWBOARDS website. And was surprized to see a rail specific board! WTF. Who's gonna buy a board, just to hit rails on? Other than a pro of course! :p

Check it out here...
http://www.forum-snowboards.com/boards/street_dweller.html

By the way, this years Devun Walsh board is SOOOOO sweet! I'm trying to convice myself I don't need a new board, but this makes it difficult!

tribe cannabis goldsmith - gold cannabis accessories

Funzo

TRIBE Member
The street dweller is a genius idea. It's very cheap, and if you were stupid enough to sell your old board so you don't have a spare, this will save you from trashing the one you have now!

I'm all about street missions, I think sometimes I have more fun building a kicker to a rail and sessioning that with my friends all night than going to a hill.

If you've never done this (and like hitting rails in the park) do yourself a favour and get out there!

artoodeetoo

TRIBE Member
Those jibbing boards have actually gotten pretty popular these days. Quite a few of my friends have bought either the Forum Street Dweller or the Burton Dominant Slick. And word is, K2 is working on one for next year too.

artoodeetoo

TRIBE Member
Originally posted by feisty boy
i've got "white balance" - there's a good mix of things on it - park, freeriding, urban rails... it does start to feel a little redundant about half way through though - the editing couldve been tighter.

I thought the editing was sick. Mike Hatchett seems to get better every year.

And if you're still looking, try www.absinthe-films.com
you can buy it online.

jeffpayne

TRIBE Member
I would love to have two boards at my disposal. One all mountain and one just for the park.

Freeriding is sick. Rails and the park are sick as shit. YOu have to be able to do both to be a good/great all around rider. You can take the park to hill and bring the hill into the park..if you get my meaning.

last year in Fernie, we would freeride all day on the mountain then come home and ride the rails outside the house until it got dark. If we had the energy.

Can't wait to get back there. ONly 46 days till Kicking Horse!!! :D :D :D