1. Hi Guest: Welcome to TRIBE, Toronto's largest and longest running online community. If you'd like to post here, or reply to existing posts on TRIBE, you first have to register on the forum. You can register with your facebook ID or with an email address. Join us!

20 highest-radiation cell phones - ITS NOT A TUMAH !~

Discussion in 'TRIBE Main Forum' started by glych t.anomaly, Mar 18, 2010.

1. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

Cell phone radiation. Some consider it a heath-hazard of paramount importance. Others couldn't care less. Whichever camp you're in, there's some perverse satisfaction in clicking through CNET's countdown to see which is the most mind-melting gadget on the market

Manufacturer and model SAR level(digital)

Motorola V195s 1.6
    Motorola Zine ZN5 1.59
    Motorola Rival 1.59
    Kyocera Jax S1300 1.55
    Motorola VU204 1.55
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Sprint) 1.54
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (U.S. Cellular) 1.54
    RIM BlackBerry Curve 8330 (Verizon Wireless) 1.54
    Motorola Crush 1.53
    Nokia E71x 1.53
    Pantech Matrix 1.52
    LG Rumor 2 1.51
    RIM BlackBerry Bold 1.51
    HTC SMT5800 1.49
    Motorola Droid 1.49
    Sony Ericsson W350a 1.48
    LG Chocolate Touch 1.47
    Nokia 2320 GoPhone 1.47
    Palm Pixi Plus (Verizon Wireless) 1.47
    T-Mobile Dash 3G 1.47

LINK

soooooo Motorola's and Bizzleberrries are topping the charts, but then again, we do not know that Cellphone radiation is correlative to brain tumahs Link to Studies as from what they can tell...

sooo what do you believe, are we all going to end up maligned tumor ridden zombies with nokias sticking out of our heads?

if you own a cell phone that pumps out alot of radiation will you switch?

i remember also reading about a potential link to cellphone radiation or the radio waves being potentially responsible for actually hindering the onset of Parkinson's.

anywho yeah, this is what im thinking about this morning.

[jai]

2. chooch

chooch TRIBE Member

3. Jeffsus

Jeffsus TRIBE Member

It's non ionizing. It might heat you but it can't cancer you.

-jM
    A&D

4. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

I had this tought of wrapping a belt around someone's head, fixed with a string of Motorola V195s. Pressing conference call on all of the phones and leaving them running for 24 hours or until the batteries give out. I wonder if that would be enough to melt a brain.

5. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

thnx 4 posting.

i would definitely consider buying a phone with a low SAR rating. Radiation ain't no joke. :mad:

6. Beings

Beings TRIBE Member

Lmao, rename the thread as "20 cellphones with best reception."

I dunno if Aleks is joking, but ZOMG EVEN THE SUNLIGHT HAS RADIATION!!!! Everything radiates, as Jeffsus said it isnt ionizing, dont watch fox news too much.

7. Aleks

Aleks TRIBE Member

...i should have said: microwave radiation ain't no joke.

8. Sal De Ban

Sal De Ban TRIBE Member

unless its heating a burrito! hiyooo!!!!!

9. glych t.anomaly

glych t.anomaly TRIBE Member

1. BUY A LOW-RADIATION PHONE
    Look up your phone on EWG’s buyer’s guide. (Your phone's model number may be printed under your battery.) Consider replacing your phone with one that emits the lowest radiation possible and still meets your needs.

2. USE A HEADSET OR SPEAKER
    Headsets emit much less radiation than phones. Choose either wired or wireless (experts are split on which version is safer) using our cell phone headset guide. Some wireless headsets emit continuous, low-level radiation, so take yours off your ear when you're not on a call. Using your phone in speaker mode also reduces radiation to the head.

3. LISTEN MORE, TALK LESS
    Your phone emits radiation when you talk or text, but not when you're receiving messages. Listening more and talking less reduces your exposures.

4. HOLD PHONE AWAY FROM YOUR BODY
    Hold the phone away from your torso when you're talking (with headset or speaker), not against your ear, in a pocket, or on your belt where soft body tissues absorb radiation.

5. CHOOSE TEXTING OVER TALKING
    Phones use less power (less radiation) to send text than voice. And unlike when you speak with the phone at your ear, texting keeps radiation away from your head.

6. POOR SIGNAL? STAY OFF THE PHONE
    Fewer signal bars on your phone means that it emits more radiation to get the signal to the tower. Make and take calls when your phone has a strong signal.

7. LIMIT CHILDREN’S PHONE USE
    Young children’s brains absorb twice the cell phone radiation as an adult’s. EWG joins health agencies in at least 6 countries in recommending limits for children’s phone use, such as for emergency situations only.

8. SKIP THE “RADIATION SHIELD”
    Radiation shields such as antenna caps or keypad covers reduce the connection quality and force the phone to transmit at a higher power with higher radiation.

this seems mostly like common sense and i practice much of this anyways.

i do wish there was more ' definitive data ' on the subject.

sigh.

are there studies or data concerning human exposure to non ionized radiation that is not the sun, but come from specific devices?

[jai]

10. basilisk

basilisk TRIBE Member

My hippie friends have a little sticker that they affix to their phones to neutralize harmful ELF radiation.

You think I'm joking?

11. kyfe

kyfe TRIBE Member

suprised the iphone isn't listed.....

12. WestsideWax

WestsideWax TRIBE Promoter

This is your brain on cellphone:

[​IMG]

Any questions?